PDA

View Full Version : HiModel GX 200A ESC question

smooth
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Would any of you know of a way to activate the HM for full throttle only without the use of a receiver? I'm working on a project where I only need to run full throttle for 5-6 sec. I would like just to have a switch connected to a timer to activate the ESC and then shut it down. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Terry

Gary
04-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Sounds like alot of work with little or no controll .Why not just put a transmitter and receiver in?

ReddyWatts
04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
You might think about using a 555 timer. The information on this link could help you design a 5 volt output, 5 second "on" timer. Parts should be located at Radio Shack. You can find lots of info on the internet about different ways to use 555 timers.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/555.htm

Connect the output to the controllers White (+) and Black (-) input wires. If it has a BEC , you could connect the red wire for your supply voltage, if not use an external battery.

theShark
04-12-2009, 09:51 PM
You can try using a servo tester to control the esc

smooth
04-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. It sounds like there's hope for this. I'm new to the brushless/esc electrics so any help is greatly appreciated. The esc does have a BEC. The 555 timer sounds like a good idea. Reddy are you saying if I use a timer or switch powered by 5 volts from the red wire fed to the esc thru the blk. and white wires, it would activate the esc for full throttle or is it not that simple? I'm using 6s lipos.
Thanks again, Terry

ReddyWatts
04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Yes, you could use a push button or toggle switch on the red wire to trigger the timer. It might be better to add a switch in the timer circuit to trigger it. There should be lots on info on the internet on how to do this.

smooth
04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
I was planning on a push button to activate things. So my last question(today anyway --maybe)> a voltage supplied to the blk. and white wires of the esc should power it up for full throttle?
I appreciate all the info. I'll study up on the timer circuitry and see if I can make something happen

ReddyWatts
04-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes, that is correct and the 555 timer will work from 4.5 to 14 volts.

smooth
04-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Eureka! ReddyWatts, you the man. Now to consult with my resident electrical guru on getting a timer built up.
Thanks again for everything, Terry