PDA

View Full Version : Velocity series by MiniCatRacing

ride1226
04-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Just was cruising around the internet looking for some boats and decided to check out the minicatracing site after toying with the idea of buying one of their mini hydros. Thought to myself, you know I would much rather have a mini cat than a hydro so lets see if they have one. First page, coming soon, velocity series. I imagine it will probably be the same price as there mini hydro is, but like I said I would much more prefer a mini cat over the hydro. Something about a more fuller size hydro sounds better to me.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/

Scroll down alittle and you will see it.

What do you guys think about these guys stuff? Like I said Im toying with the idea of picking on up to play with at a close by pond, cheap lipos due to size mean a more cost effective boat for me!

iratner
04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
The whole Mini Cat's Velocity Series is exciting! The smaller deep vee is ultra fast and completely self-righting. (You can leave your fishing pole at home.) Diego, have you run yours yet?

The cat is the best running micro catamaran on the market. And, believe me, being a huge fan of cats, I have tried them all.

As for the batteries, you are correct. Both boats run on 3C 2,200 mah Lipos from Hobby City @ $20.00 a piece. How can you go wrong?

ride1226
04-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Where did you find them at to buy one? Didnt even realize they were available... Wish the cat was self righting because thats the one I want.

iratner
04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I have been product testing them for the last couple of months. Here is a video of me running the mini deep vee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C00ax8NkgwY&feature=channel_page

Please keep in mind that due to their basic design, catamarans can never be self righting.

Diegoboy
04-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Ira,
I ran her on an X632 She was hopping too much. (Self righted though) I'll try a strut adjustment on her next run. Thank you Ira. I havent forgotten you!

ride1226
04-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Man that vee looked fun.Self righting is nice too. Yea I know that cats can never self right but I like to be able to turn left and right equally which is the one thing keeping me from picking up one of their hydros right now.

When are they planned to hit the shelves? Im holding off buying a boat in hopes of getting one of these.

iratner
04-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Diego

That's alot of pitch! Try running with a 432 and adjust the strut a little and that should take care of the hopping. We also move the battery forward and back to make it run wet or dry depending on how rough the water is.

iratner
04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Ride 1226

The cat turns great in both directions. In fact, I removed the turn fins because they were completely unnecessary. They just slowed the boat down in the straight-a-ways.

Mini-Cat should begin offering both the mini boats for sale in about a week.

ride1226
04-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Sounds great to me. Ill wait patiently. Hmmmm cat or vee.

suzukiboy
04-14-2009, 09:47 AM
This is a self righting Mini Cat model I brought over 12 months ago.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/suzukiboyoz/DSC00086.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/suzukiboyoz/DSC00088.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/suzukiboyoz/DSC00089.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/suzukiboyoz/DSC00092.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/suzukiboyoz/DSC00093.jpg

ride1226
04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
That thing is weird. The one that they are getting ready to release looks quite a bit better than that. I still am leaning towards the cat though just because I love cats and think it will probably be a fun boat.

bustitup
04-14-2009, 04:45 PM
this guy sells them now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260389394679

Just was cruising around the internet looking for some boats and decided to check out the minicatracing site after toying with the idea of buying one of their mini hydros. Thought to myself, you know I would much rather have a mini cat than a hydro so lets see if they have one. First page, coming soon, velocity series. I imagine it will probably be the same price as there mini hydro is, but like I said I would much more prefer a mini cat over the hydro. Something about a more fuller size hydro sounds better to me.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/

Scroll down alittle and you will see it.

What do you guys think about these guys stuff? Like I said Im toying with the idea of picking on up to play with at a close by pond, cheap lipos due to size mean a more cost effective boat for me!

suzukiboy
04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Those one's are self righting and the quality of them from the factory is not great.
I know from someone how was importing them.

ride1226
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Those one's are self righting and the quality of them from the factory is not great.

You talking about that ebay boat or the one you posted pics of? Also the one on ebay seems kinda cheap? Duno about Au prices. Pobably just wait until minicat starts selling them themselves or is that ebay one worth it?

suzukiboy
04-14-2009, 06:44 PM
The ebay one from AUS.

And that sellers pricing is a bit steep.

ride1226
04-27-2009, 12:58 AM
They are out, and only 229! Not too shabby if you ask me. Too bad I picked up a larger mono and cat already haha!

sailr
04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
The Velocity Series Mono and Cat are available now!

www.minicatracingusa.com

sailr
04-27-2009, 01:49 PM
:doh:We have very limited stock of these boats at the moment. Restocking will take 6 weeks so if you want one, now's the time:buttrock:

Diegoboy
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
How soon will you carry the HW for them?

sailr
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM
You mean the hardware? We have it now. Just haven't had the chance to put it on the website yet.

How soon will you carry the HW for them?

HOTWATER
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
:doh:We have very limited stock of these boats at the moment. Restocking will take 6 weeks so if you want one, now's the time:buttrock:

Cool site! Click here...now click here...now here...I'm Clicking, I'm Clicking...LOL!!JK! - Nice stuff! Me Likey! I don't need any of that stuff, But I want all of it!!:banana:

-Kent

Diegoboy
04-27-2009, 03:39 PM
You mean the hardware? We have it now. Just haven't had the chance to put it on the website yet.

What will be the price on the strut? Will it come in aluminum finish?

sailr
04-27-2009, 05:58 PM
What will be the price on the strut? Will it come in aluminum finish?

Tentative price for the strut is $12. All are blue anodize. Sorry. We are waiting on the photographer to come take the pics of the parts for the website. Might be a while yet. Guess we could put the parts on there without the pictures. hmmm.

sailr
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
That clicker doesn't work very good. You have to click on the picture, not the text. haha.

Cool site! Click here...now click here...now here...I'm Clicking, I'm Clicking...LOL!!JK! - Nice stuff! Me Likey! I don't need any of that stuff, But I want all of it!!:banana:

-Kent

HOTWATER
04-27-2009, 10:46 PM
That clicker doesn't work very good. You have to click on the picture, not the text. haha.

Sailr, the clicker will start working on that site when a watercooled 2600kv BL Outrunner appears!! :banana:

All kidding aside, I think your site is great!! Just wish I had bigger pockets right now...there are more than a few things that I'm interested in there!

-Kent :beerchug:

sailr
04-28-2009, 05:07 AM
LOL! Thanks for the nice comment. I am uploading the Velocity Parts list to the site now. Should be up in a few!

Sailr, the clicker will start working on that site when a watercooled 2600kv BL Outrunner appears!! :banana:

All kidding aside, I think your site is great!! Just wish I had bigger pockets right now...there are more than a few things that I'm interested in there!

-Kent :beerchug:

sailr
04-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Velocity Cat Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfOKEE3sOXk

brad65
05-02-2009, 11:07 AM
They look great, I wonder if it will hang with a sv27? Seems pricey for no radio and reciever or is that just me?? I watched both videos and I think the v hull looks like it can take the waves bettery but I could be wrong.

Also I'm looking a the cheaper models on ebay which looks completly the same best price is 145 plus 30 shipping ebay, and minicatracing 229 plus shipping which I can't seem to find out since they want me to go through paypal first?

So what is different about this boats for the extra coin?

"NOTE: This is an upgraded boat from similar ones
on ebay. Higher performance 3000KV motor,
machined aluminum water exit, professional
antenna mount,
Professional appearance....single color hull and
hatch. Don't be fooled by imitations!

Where are the upgrades?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220399435570

Looks the same to me?

bustitup
05-02-2009, 01:34 PM
the offshore warrior is sell for $175 shipped again on the bay

sailr
05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
You just listed some of the upgrades in your own post. In addition, the Mini Cat version has an upgraded ESC that will work correctly with a pistol style radio. The others will not. Mini Cat works directly with the manufacturer to custom make improved and upgraded models exclusively for Mini Cat.

Hang with an SV27? Probably slightly slower than an SV but also 10" shorter! :bounce:

Does the ebay source stock parts? Do they give you a warranty? Do they provide first hand customer service, advice, assistance? Ya gits whut ya pays for. Mini cat shipping is $15 in the U.S. Mini Cat is a U.S. Company

They look great, I wonder if it will hang with a sv27? Seems pricey for no radio and reciever or is that just me?? I watched both videos and I think the v hull looks like it can take the waves bettery but I could be wrong.

Also I'm looking a the cheaper models on ebay which looks completly the same best price is 145 plus 30 shipping ebay, and minicatracing 229 plus shipping which I can't seem to find out since they want me to go through paypal first?

So what is different about this boats for the extra coin?

"NOTE: This is an upgraded boat from similar ones
on ebay. Higher performance 3000KV motor,
machined aluminum water exit, professional
antenna mount,
Professional appearance....single color hull and
hatch. Don't be fooled by imitations!

Where are the upgrades?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220399435570

Looks the same to me?

brad65
05-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Customer service is very important IMO also in today times. So there is a difference but its the same boat hull and hardware except the esc. Ok now that makes sense. I hope to purchase one soon. Thanks for you help.

sailr
05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
No, NOT all the same hardware. We have a cnc machine anodized aluminum water exit instead of a tube sticking out the side of the boat ... AND a NORMAL antenna mount with cnc aluminum fitting and plastic antenna stick you run your receiver antenna up through rather than the spring steel antenna to which you must solder your antenna wire ...on the inside of the boat! It is a royal pain! We also have a reformulated epoxy gelcoat that doesn't crack as easily as the ebay boats. We also give you USABLE instructions, written by us, in understandable ENGLISH.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/files/Download/instructions%20mini.pdf

We also stock all the parts. These are some of the custom touches we do.

There are a LOT of copies made in China. It's a real problem. Like I said, you get what you pay for. Your choice.

Customer service is very important IMO also in today times. So there is a difference but its the same boat hull and hardware except the esc. Ok now that makes sense. I hope to purchase one soon. Thanks for you help.

brad65
05-03-2009, 05:51 PM
No, NOT all the same hardware. We have a cnc machine anodized aluminum water exit instead of a tube sticking out the side of the boat ... AND a NORMAL antenna mount with cnc aluminum fitting and plastic antenna stick you run your receiver antenna up through rather than the spring steel antenna to which you must solder your antenna wire ...on the inside of the boat! It is a royal pain! We also have a reformulated epoxy gelcoat that doesn't crack as easily as the ebay boats. We also give you USABLE instructions, written by us, in understandable ENGLISH.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/files/Download/instructions%20mini.pdf

We also stock all the parts. These are some of the custom touches we do.

There are a LOT of copies made in China. It's a real problem. Like I said, you get what you pay for. Your choice.

I totally hear ya, its like buying a 3dh plane. Yes you pay more but you get a bettery over all plane and lots of help if something is a miss. I hope to get one in the near future. Any thoughts of selling with radio?

sailr
05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
We are waiting for a prototype 2.4ghz radio to arrive for us to test. If it is of good enough quality, we will consider selling with a radio in the future. But a lot of people already have a radio so we will probably just offer a radio separately. Thanks for asking!

I totally hear ya, its like buying a 3dh plane. Yes you pay more but you get a bettery over all plane and lots of help if something is a miss. I hope to get one in the near future. Any thoughts of selling with radio?

sailr
05-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Received the prototype radio(s)! Now have to find time to test them. Will try to report the results to you here soon!

We are waiting for a prototype 2.4ghz radio to arrive for us to test. If it is of good enough quality, we will consider selling with a radio in the future. But a lot of people already have a radio so we will probably just offer a radio separately. Thanks for asking!

HOTWATER
05-28-2009, 02:49 PM
sailr...my clicker is working on your site (LOL!!) and I just added the LAST green hydro to my cart last night!! :sold: How quickly do they get shipped out? I heard one guy waited a few weeks for his...hope that's not me.

I will be using a 3s 2200 Poly RC (Enerland). Besides the stock prop, what is another good one...out of the four plastic ones that you offer? saw the two metal ones that you have...are they both for higher KV motors than stock?

Thanks,
Kent

sailr
05-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Kent,

Your hydro shipped today by priority mail. If anyone waited a few weeks it was because he was in Canada and it got hung up in customs or he didn't buy it from us!

ALL of our shipments are by priority mail and usually take no more than 4-5 days max once shipped. We always ship within 3 business days of the order.

The stock prop works the best but if you want to try a metal prop, the bigger of the two stainless steel props on our site or an octura x430.

Have fun!

Jim

sailr...my clicker is working on your site (LOL!!) and I just added the LAST green hydro to my cart last night!! :sold: How quickly do they get shipped out? I heard one guy waited a few weeks for his...hope that's not me.

I will be using a 3s 2200 Poly RC (Enerland). Besides the stock prop, what is another good one...out of the four plastic ones that you offer? saw the two metal ones that you have...are they both for higher KV motors than stock?

Thanks,
Kent

sailr
05-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I do remember one guy who had his OLD shipping address on PayPal. He yelled at us for not shipping, etc. We checked the tracking and the post office verified it was delivered. I verified the shipping address with him and he said Oh !!@#$@#$! He went by his old house and they had his boat!

DOH!

HOTWATER
05-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Kent,

Your hydro shipped today by priority mail. If anyone waited a few weeks it was because he was in Canada and it got hung up in customs or he didn't buy it from us!

ALL of our shipments are by priority mail and usually take no more than 4-5 days max once shipped. We always ship within 3 business days of the order.

The stock prop works the best but if you want to try a metal prop, the bigger of the two stainless steel props on our site or an octura x430.

Have fun!

Jim

Sailr...thank you for the update! I can't wait to run her!! Also, that is good news about the x430... I just happen to have one all balanced and sharpened!! I guess the 1/8 props work then?

HOTWATER
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I do remember one guy who had his OLD shipping address on PayPal. He yelled at us for not shipping, etc. We checked the tracking and the post office verified it was delivered. I verified the shipping address with him and he said Oh !!@#$@#$! He went by his old house and they had his boat!

DOH!

LOL!!!:lol:

sailr
05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
If your prop is 1/8", you may have to drill it out. If it's 3/16", you'll have to shim it. Make sure it runs true! Vibration is a killer!

Sailr...thank you for the update! I can't wait to run her!! Also, that is good news about the x430... I just happen to have one all balanced and sharpened!! I guess the 1/8 props work then?

sailr
05-28-2009, 05:06 PM
We tested the 2 channel radio on the bench. Works good. Now to put it in a boat and try that. The fancy schmancy 3 channel computer radio had a problem. Wouldn't bind to the receiver. Working with the manufacturer on that problem now.

If the 2Ch 2.4ghz radio proves out, we will sell them for about $75 (tx and rx) later this year. Receivers will be in the $24 range. The 3Ch will go for around $120.

Received the prototype radio(s)! Now have to find time to test them. Will try to report the results to you here soon!

Meniscus
05-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll get on the list for one of the tx & rx set once the bugs are worked out.

HOTWATER
05-28-2009, 10:42 PM
If your prop is 1/8", you may have to drill it out. If it's 3/16", you'll have to shim it. Make sure it runs true! Vibration is a killer!

Good to know...thank you sailr!:tiphat:

HOTWATER
05-30-2009, 03:59 PM
sailr...just got the hydro today! Very quick shipping like you said! Thank you!

One thing that I noticed when looking at it was the transom had separated from the deck a little above the rudder mount...about one inch long. I will just throw some epoxy in the separation and tape it together while it cures. No use in sending it back just because of that. besides, that is the last of the green hydros. easy fix for me anyway!

Very cool little hydro none the less!! :rockon2:

-Kent

sailr
05-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Sorry about the separation. The post office is not as kind as they should be. Our newer stock is in heavier shipping boxes to help prevent stuff like that. If you had asked, I would have told you to do exactly what you're doing. While you're at it, mix up a fairly large batch of 30 min. epoxy and thin it with some alcohol just so it runs well. Then pour it in one corner of the hull and rotate the hull all around so it runs around the entire hull/deck seam. That pretty much bullet proofs the boat.

Have fun!

sailr...just got the hydro today! Very quick shipping like you said! Thank you!

One thing that I noticed when looking at it was the transom had separated from the deck a little above the rudder mount...about one inch long. I will just throw some epoxy in the separation and tape it together while it cures. No use in sending it back just because of that. besides, that is the last of the green hydros. easy fix for me anyway!

Very cool little hydro none the less!! :rockon2:

-Kent

HOTWATER
05-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks sailr! Should I even worry about adding some ply to the inside of the transom (with the hardware unbolted of course)? Also, does the addition of a turn fin help with handling in the turns? OSE has a couple of new turn fins for micro sized hydros...they would be great as an add on. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
Kent

sailr
05-31-2009, 08:03 AM
I haven't heard of too many transoms ripping out but of course it couldn't hurt to add some 1/8" ply back there. To be honest, I've never tried a fin on the Micro Hydro but of course it could help the cornering. The micro turn fins OSE has look pretty cool! Personally, I like to 'drive' the hydro, slowing slightly in the turns to bring it in tighter. The boat actually doesn't skid that much.

Thanks sailr! Should I even worry about adding some ply to the inside of the transom (with the hardware unbolted of course)? Also, does the addition of a turn fin help with handling in the turns? OSE has a couple of new turn fins for micro sized hydros...they would be great as an add on. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
Kent

HOTWATER
05-31-2009, 07:15 PM
I haven't heard of too many transoms ripping out but of course it couldn't hurt to add some 1/8" ply back there. To be honest, I've never tried a fin on the Micro Hydro but of course it could help the cornering. The micro turn fins OSE has look pretty cool! Personally, I like to 'drive' the hydro, slowing slightly in the turns to bring it in tighter. The boat actually doesn't skid that much.

Thanks for the info sailr! I will definately run her without any fin for now. Who knows, I may be happy with it as is.

I was planning on removing the hardware to epoxy the transom and around the deck (good advice by the way - Thanks) and I just thought that while I'm at it, why not add some ply to it? I'm guessing that it would add only a little more weight by doing so and not hurt any performance.

-Kent

GimpyGolden
06-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Has anyone tried one of the ebay Velocity Mono's?
The seller here in Canada is so close to home it is hard not to consider buying from them,I'd love to buy from Mini cat racing but I'd be saving $100 plus no customs.
Is there a big enough difference to be worth the extra ca$h?

GimpyGolden
07-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey Sailr,
Got the boat in the water a few times now and this thing rips. First time out was not a great run, ended up stuck in some weeds I couldn't see 300' out. Luckily Boat was retrieved no damage to anything.

I still have a little water getting in through the stuffing box I just keep it lubed like suggested with 50/50 STP & 30w and run with a strip of Shamwow down the center of the hull under the stuffing tube, seems to work.

I've got some pool noodle taped inside the top hatch trying to get it self right but it always seems to capsize, do you have any tips?

Anyway this little Mono is a blast, thanks

sailr
07-26-2009, 04:57 PM
That piece of shamwow is genius! Never thought of that. Good tip!

You are talking about the Velocity Mono, right? If you tape the outside of the hatch, the boat should self right every time. At least that's what all of our customers tell us. We don't guarantee it as said on our website. Do you have your battery mounted up high in the boat or something? Not sure why it's not self righting for you.

QUOTE=GimpyGolden;110483]Hey Sailr,
Got the boat in the water a few times now and this thing rips. First time out was not a great run, ended up stuck in some weeds I couldn't see 300' out. Luckily Boat was retrieved no damage to anything.

I still have a little water getting in through the stuffing box I just keep it lubed like suggested with 50/50 STP & 30w and run with a strip of Shamwow down the center of the hull under the stuffing tube, seems to work.

I've got some pool noodle taped inside the top hatch trying to get it self right but it always seems to capsize, do you have any tips?

Anyway this little Mono is a blast, thanks[/QUOTE]

GimpyGolden
07-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Ya it's the Velocity Mono.

Tried taping and still no go.
My battery is a 2300mah, Pack Size: 125 x 33 x 30mm it just squeezes into place in the battery location, maybe it's just to tall and raise my center of grav.
Do your other customers just tape the hatch or add some flotation to it also?

sailr
07-26-2009, 11:45 PM
You ALWAYS want to add some flotation to any boat! I use the swimming pool noodles. Cut pieces to fit up in the bow and a slice of it inside the hatch. Your lipo is pretty big for that boat! Could be the problem. Almost 5" long!! HEAVY.

Could be your battery
Ya it's the Velocity Mono.

Tried taping and still no go.
My battery is a 2300mah, Pack Size: 125 x 33 x 30mm it just squeezes into place in the battery location, maybe it's just to tall and raise my center of grav.
Do your other customers just tape the hatch or add some flotation to it also?

wayn
07-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi I tape down the transparent inner cover and just screw down the top, I put a washer on so the top won't crack. I also use a rhino 2150 , 20c lipo, and it really moves . I haven't got any floatation in it, I make sure the tape is secure.
Have fun it's a great boat
cheers wayn

sailr
07-27-2009, 12:20 PM
PUT SOME FLOATATION IN IT! Word of warning. Boats have a way of figuring out how to sink! You could hit a turtle, rock, etc. and split the hull for example and kerplunk, down she goes!

Does your mono self right without taping the outside of the hatch? If so, I'm surprised.

Hi I tape down the transparent inner cover and just screw down the top, I put a washer on so the top won't crack. I also use a rhino 2150 , 20c lipo, and it really moves . I haven't got any floatation in it, I make sure the tape is secure.
cheers wayn

wayn
07-27-2009, 11:19 PM
My boat self rights every time with the outer hatch un taped, As I said before that I make sure the the clear inner hatch is taped properly. I will put flotation in. The guys at my club are very impressed with the velocity mono series.
cheers wayn

sailr
07-27-2009, 11:22 PM
It's amazing it comes back up without taping the outer hatch. That's good! Others have said they had to tape the outside.

We are just about sold out of the monos and probably won't have any more back in stock for a while. Anybody that wants one, hurry!

My boat self rights every time with the outer hatch un taped, As I said before that I make sure the the clear inner hatch is taped properly. I will put flotation in. The guys at my club are very impressed with the velocity mono series.
cheers wayn

GimpyGolden
07-27-2009, 11:28 PM
I`m the guy who`s having trouble getting it to self right.
I`m still really impressed with this little guy and definitely recomend buyin`one.
I think I`ll try a lower height pack out or just be more careful with it in any chop

wayn
07-27-2009, 11:40 PM
I place the required battery on the velcro strip that is installed in the hull of the boat, as I said I use a rhino 2150a x 20c lipo, or arround the size they recommend.
cheers wayn

Opedopy
08-05-2009, 02:42 AM
question wat radio system would be good for this boat? it will be my first boat.

also wat metal prop works for the velocity mono? i wanna get all the parts before i order it.

also does the esc have a lipo cutoff?

sailr
08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
any 2 ch radio will work fine. Most boaters prefer the pistol style radio.

We don't sell a metal prop for the velocity series. The carbon prop that comes with it works perfectly. You might want to order a couple of extras.

GimpyGolden
08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Sailr is right the stock carbon prop works great.
If you want a metal prop the Octura X432 is what I have on mine, it is a direct bolt on and doesn't require drilling out as some have thought needed. The 3mm shaft size glass filled props that Steven sells here are also a good option.

Opedopy
08-05-2009, 01:28 PM
just ordered a black one and ill be running this at the river so the water wont be close to calm lol.

i just need to find a radio i have a specktrum DX3r but i heard some range issues with boats?
ohh and a battery wats the best bang for ure buck? i see alot of options lol just getting into lipo have only had lipos for about 2 weeks so far lol

Ohh this will be my FIRST Boat had everything but boats. now i can say ive owned every kind of RC

GimpyGolden
08-05-2009, 01:39 PM
The Spektrum will be fine.
By the time this boat would have any range issues with that radio you wouldn't see it well enough to run it. Just keep sure you get the antenna up out of the hull.

As for the rough water, might not do so good. I ran mine yesterday with a good breeze and small waves and I flipped it more times than I would have liked.

Don't get me wrong it's a great little boat, but it may not be big enough to play River Rescue. Better suited to a smaller pond on calmer days, it can handle a little chop but not much more than it's own wake at speed.

Opedopy
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
alright if i run it at the river ill run it in the morning or late in the day when most the boats arnt out.

i plan on getting the new proboat hypersport 48 so i can run in more chop and learn more about boats.

will this batt work 3s 2200 25c?
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8934
or do i need a 20c pack?

Opedopy
08-08-2009, 10:36 PM
got my mono today the black version. but its the hull seems to be scratched up on the front nose and some places on the sides. everything else is pretty nice and well put together. right now im waiting on the battery to come in. where do u sudjest mounting the esc? also i bought a novak smart-stop lipo cutoff. wat do u guys use to seal a hole in a boat? silicone?

GimpyGolden
08-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear you got one.
I wouldn't worry about a few scratches, you'll never see em at 30mph.

I mounted my esc in front of the rudder servo, you'll need to trim the cooling line but just make sure you don't get any kinks. In this position it balances out nicely with the battery on one side and the electrics on the other. I mounted my receiver directly below the antenna.

I assume the whole is from the LED on the SmartStop. I would just use a little silicone or Shoe-Goo.

Have fun!

Opedopy
08-09-2009, 02:00 AM
yea i might drill a little hole for the LED and put some silicone or sho-goo like u said. or just leave it. only thing holding me back is my battery hopefully they get here monday.

ill prolly put some stickers on this thing so i can see it better :)

so far so good on my first boat :P

i also noticed a few odd things like the motor and esc wires were all switched around.

sailr
08-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Amazing! I can't figure out how those scratches happen inside all that bubble wrap. I personally inspected that boat before sent. It was pristeen.

I like to mount the the esc up ahead of the battery on the left side. That's where it naturally likes to sit. If you can velcro it up under the deck, that helps protect it from any small amount of water that might get in the boat. Be SURE you don't kink any cooling lines!

You don't need a lipo cutoff with our esc. It's already programmed for lipo cutoff for 3S.

got my mono today the black version. but its the hull seems to be scratched up on the front nose and some places on the sides. everything else is pretty nice and well put together. right now im waiting on the battery to come in. where do u sudjest mounting the esc? also i bought a novak smart-stop lipo cutoff. wat do u guys use to seal a hole in a boat? silicone?

sailr
08-09-2009, 07:44 AM
There is no particular color code on the motor wires. They should be hooked up correctly. DON'T mess with 'em! If you already have, the motor may run backwards. If it does, just switch any two wires.

Have fun! It's an awesome little boat!

yea i might drill a little hole for the LED and put some silicone or sho-goo like u said. or just leave it. only thing holding me back is my battery hopefully they get here monday.

i also noticed a few odd things like the motor and esc wires were all switched around.

sailr
08-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Some bright yellow stickers will help, that's for sure!

Diegoboy
08-09-2009, 09:19 AM
cheers wayn

That's exactly what I do, mine self rights and takes on water only through the drive line. (very little)

sailr
08-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Good to hear but don't make me say "I told you so" if the boat ever sinks for some reason! Flotation is quick and easy insurance. The tape inside could dislodge for some reason. If the hatch isn't taped, it's not going to self right as the hull fills with water and then ker-plunk.

Opedopy
08-09-2009, 04:28 PM
heres some pics of the boat and wat i found on it

everything else was fine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2868.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2869.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2870.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2872.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2871.jpg

should be fine right?

Diegoboy
08-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Pic #3
Mine has that in 2 locations on the bottom.
I know one came from the leverage of pulling the lipo off the velcro, so be careful with that.

sailr
08-09-2009, 06:39 PM
It will be just fine. We probably won't stock the black anymore because it shows every little scratch that you would never notice on any other color.

Opedopy
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
ill just cover some of them with stickers

sailr
08-10-2009, 09:28 AM
That'll work!

Diegoboy
08-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Good to hear but don't make me say "I told you so" if the boat ever sinks for some reason! Flotation is quick and easy insurance. The tape inside could dislodge for some reason. If the hatch isn't taped, it's not going to self right as the hull fills with water and then ker-plunk.

My tape never lets go even wet. But I do see your point, If the void between the sub hatch and outer hatch fill with water, it will not have buoyancy and right the boat.
My solution for that is here...

Diegoboy
08-10-2009, 07:57 PM
My foam filled void. It also will keep it afloat if the hatch ever blows off. :tongue_smilie:

sailr
08-11-2009, 09:27 AM
good idea. I use goop to glue a piece of swimming pool noodle under each of my hatches.

screwball
08-17-2009, 06:05 PM
i just ordered the last velocity mono in white!!!!!!

screwball
08-20-2009, 12:54 PM
i got the boat today thanks jim!!!!!!

james

sailr
08-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Great! Thanks for letting us know. Hope you enjoy it! It is really a fun boat!

i got the boat today thanks jim!!!!!!

james

screwball
08-20-2009, 09:04 PM
yea i cant wait to drive it too bad i cant until sunday...

Opedopy
09-11-2009, 02:20 PM
heres some pics from the river, who do i pm about some questions i have.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2969.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2968.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2967.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2966.jpg

sailr
09-11-2009, 03:17 PM
You bought the boat from us. You are welcome to ask us questions!

Opedopy
09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
i sent u a pm the other day and u havent returned it yet.

iratner
09-11-2009, 08:21 PM
What's your question?

sailr
09-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Actually I did answer your PM . Not sure why you didn't get it. I said if the servo locked up it could have overloaded the BEC and in turn the ESC. Tell me more about what the servo did, etc.

i sent u a pm the other day and u havent returned it yet.

Diegoboy
09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
What I noticed is when the RX gets wet, the signal to the servo is corrupt and the servo spins beyond the normal signal range. This causes the servo arm to lock up in the reverse position. It is a direct result from water in the RX. I don't know what issue you're experiencing, but just thought I'd throw that out.

sailr
09-11-2009, 09:20 PM
That sounds reasonable. If the receiver got wet it could also mess with the esc I would think.
All it takes is one tiny drop of water in the right place.

Diegoboy
09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes, I've seen it make an ESC go full throttle, then die. :cursing:
That's why I conformal coat all my RX's now!

Rumdog
09-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I lost a minicat micro hydro that way! wet esc, wide open throttle across a very big lake and into some rough water. Never found the boat.. Saddest day of mt FE hobbying. A wet servo will also lock up. Happened on my old UL-1. It was fine when it dried though.

Opedopy
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
well it didnt lock up it just seemed to fail alltogether when i tried to run the servo again it was relly slow then failed again, esc was workin fine then later after i let it all dry i put in a fresh batt and when i plugged it in the esc beeped then started to smoke so i immediatly pulled the batt off and havent plugged it in since.

ohh and after everyrun there was just a little bit of water and i let it dry between runs

sailr
09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Sent you a PM

Opedopy
09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
hey u think it might have been the spektrum system that messed it up? running a dx3r with a 3000 reciever.

wat radio systems do u guys use?

got the new esc and servo today gonna install them later. should i do some more waterproofing to them or wat else should i do?

sailr
09-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Not sure about the Spektrum but I know a lot of people have had trouble with the Spektrum in boats. I now use the TACTIC system from Aquacraft. Only $80 for a transmitter and receiver. Simple, but works great and has NO receiver antenna. They have been flawless for me. I also have used the Airtronics 2.4ghz system and the Futaba 2.4ghz system. Both are good.

Not sure exactly what made the esc go on you. It happens. It even happens to $700 German esc's. Thankfully, yours is only about the 2nd one we have had fail out of several hundred sold.

I try to mount my ESC up off the bottom of the boat by building a small platform or, if possible, using velcro to mount it up under the deck.

Good luck!

Jim

sailr
09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
THE VELOCITY "self righting" MONO is back in stock! Now also in red with improvements to placement of water line and antenna mount enabling easier taping of the hatch. Also new are totally redesigned stainless steel turn fins.

HURRY!

Opedopy
09-30-2009, 06:25 PM
lol of course a new better one comes out lol

i can buy those turn fins right and they will work on my boat?

i think i might try that tactic system if its cheap like u say

sailr
09-30-2009, 06:37 PM
We are constantly striving to improve our products and meet requests from our customers. Not many companies will do that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original edition but these include some changes customers asked for.

No, you can't buy these turn fins. We don't have them separately at this time. There is nothing wrong with the fins on your boat. On our next order, we will order some of the new style fins.

iratner
10-05-2009, 05:57 PM
MiniCat Racing has just made a GREAT boat PERFECT! By moving the antenna and water cooling tube holes off to the side, this boat will now be super easy to tape up. Also, those new turn fins look awesome!

I just ordered a new Velocity Vee in red! Ira

sailr
10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks Ira,

We will get your new red boat out ASAP!

Jim

iratner
10-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Jim:

I just got it and it looks perfect! Great red color and the turn fins are even nicer than their picture. I will run it first time right out of the box without any adjustments and let you know.

Thanks, Ira

sailr
10-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Ira,
Glad you like it. It really is a great red I think. The fins are also very nice. I should have ordered some spares! Going into the winter season soon so won't be doing any more orders for quite some time.

Let me know how it goes!

iratner
10-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Jim:

Once again, the boat ran perfectly right out of the box. Here are 3 videos from my phone. They are a little dark as the sun was setting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBWd9GdrpFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlFMuhrkzjY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LsWKKiCBUw

Congratulations on the best RTR on the market!!! Ira

sailr
10-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the videos and comments. I wish the rest of the world would catch on! ;-)

sailr
11-11-2009, 08:36 AM
These are in stock!

Rumdog
11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Saw a little review on these boats in R/C Car Action, I believe. These things look too cool! Gonna have to get my hands on a velocity or the eco one of these days. BTW, the micro hydro is a blast to run!

sailr
12-02-2009, 11:28 AM
We have the Velocity boats and Mini Eco's in stock for immediate shipping. Great Christmas gift!

sampit
12-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Great little boat, to tinker with, but small hands are a bonus,

bustitup
12-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Great little boat, to tinker with, but small hands are a bonus,

I likey..any vides of it with that outrunner in there?

does it self right nice and fast?

sailr
12-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Not sure why you put an outrunner in it. If it's one of ours, it comes with a 24mm 3000KV inrunner that runs the boat about as fast as the hull can handle.

sampit
12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
the 24mm 3000kv is fast motor, but this outrunner sounds better, and goes quit well,

I will try and take some video next time out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z1M7K6Hwf8

befu
12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
OK, definatety need more information man! What outrunner is it, size and kv, what prop is on it, and how long of a run time do you get for a given battery, or amperage if known.

I am looking into the smaller boats and some starting points would be nice to know. It seems a lot of people put a huge amount of power into thier boats, I run for sport and am looking at more enduro running. Max speed for a length of run!

Thanks for anything you can share with us,

Brian

sampit
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Temper! Temper!

Why Vietnam?
its the same boat

sailr
12-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I owe an apology. I posted my previous comments in the wrong thread! I have deleted the comments.

Temper! Temper!

Why Vietnam?
its the same boat

bigwaveohs
12-31-2009, 08:43 PM

Quality is excellent!

vfQkb3Uyo2Y

brad65ford
03-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting one of these bad boys :rockon2:and I'm wondering if I can order any spare props for these from this site?

Mini Cats states
32mm diameter x 45mm pitch x 4mm shaft

And this site has some stuff similar just don't know if anyone has tried different size with good luck.

GimpyGolden
03-11-2010, 02:37 PM
These are listed as 3mm but they do fit
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-2bld-3mm

I also use this one
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=octsb-x432 also bolts right on, no mods needed.

befu
03-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey guys, I'm getting one of these bad boys :rockon2:and I'm wondering if I can order any spare props for these from this site?

Mini Cats states

And this site has some stuff similar just don't know if anyone has tried different size with good luck.

I have tried the black ones from OSE as well as the 1/8" plastic from octura (OSE site).

I mostly run on 2s, and any of them work well. On 3s I tend to stick with a 31 or 32mm prop I think.

The 27mm wouldn't push it up on plane, 30mm was difficult, 31 worked well for me. For a few bucks, get some spares!

Brian

brad65ford
03-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys, I'm planing to running 1800/2150mah 25c 3s in this boat. I don't want to spend the bucks for the metal Octura props yet. But are these my only choices on this site?

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=grp-2318.31
Product ID: grp-2318.31
Graupner 31mm for 4mm threaded shafts
Diameter 31mm, Pitch 40mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=grp-2318.33
Product ID: grp-2318.33
Graupner 33mm for 4mm threaded shafts
Diameter 33mm, Pitch 46mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=grp-2318.34.5
Product ID: grp-2318.34.5
Graupner 34.5mm for 4mm threaded shafts
Diameter 34.5mm, Pitch 48mm.

sailr
03-12-2010, 10:43 AM
We sell props for it. We carry the parts for all our boats.

Mini Cats states

brad65ford
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
We sell props for it. We carry the parts for all our boats.

All good bro, I'm aware of that. When I place a large order from this site "including my other props for my other boats" I'd like to get something that would work for these boats also.

sailr
03-13-2010, 09:23 AM
No worries. Just didn't want you to think we didn't support what we sell.

The prop on the boat is a 1.4 x 32 , 4mm shaft. OSE should have what you need. You can also

sailr
03-13-2010, 09:35 AM
None of those props will work. The Velocity has the drive dog system, not threaded shaft. I have looked at OSE and don't see a prop on there that will work. His drive dog Graupners are all too big.

Thanks guys, I'm planing to running 1800/2150mah 25c 3s in this boat. I don't want to spend the bucks for the metal Octura props yet. But are these my only choices on this site?

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=grp-2318.31
Product ID: grp-2318.31
Graupner 31mm for 4mm threaded shafts
Diameter 31mm, Pitch 40mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=grp-2318.33
Product ID: grp-2318.33
Graupner 33mm for 4mm threaded shafts
Diameter 33mm, Pitch 46mm.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=grp-2318.34.5
Product ID: grp-2318.34.5
Graupner 34.5mm for 4mm threaded shafts
Diameter 34.5mm, Pitch 48mm.

FinzUp
03-20-2010, 07:48 PM
what battery fits into these Velocity Cats as 2 of us just ordered ours today?

TRUNKMUNKY
03-21-2010, 04:45 AM
And where to buy it today.

egneg
03-21-2010, 08:41 AM
And where to buy it today.

http://www.minicatracingusa.com/vcat.html

FinzUp
03-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Kinda quiet out here I guess we can just make it like always and dig and scratch out what works and what doesn't work like the old Super V , and Hydro days

mickvk
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Kinda quiet out here I guess we can just make it like always and dig and scratch out what works and what doesn't work like the old Super V , and Hydro days

You're asking about the battery? Physically just about anything will fit. Their website recommends a 3S 11.1V 1500-2100mAh Lipo Battery. I'm using a 172 gram battery in that range and it does not self-right. maybe I just have to move it closer to the drive line...

FinzUp
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
OK thanks but, are you talking self righting about the mono or cat? As 2 of us that work together just got the Cats. We have found much about the Hydros as they have been out there for 2 + yrs and mostly new stuff about the Mono's but, the Cat's are like a dark horse.
Thanks
Bill

mickvk
03-24-2010, 05:17 PM
OK thanks but, are you talking self righting about the mono or cat? As 2 of us that work together just got the Cats. We have found much about the Hydros as they have been out there for 2 + yrs and mostly new stuff about the Mono's but, the Cat's are like a dark horse.
Thanks
Bill

Oh, right... I found this thread searching for the Velocity but i didn't realize there was a Velocity Cat... I thought the Velocity was only a mono. And I didn't read your post too thoroughly. Sorry 'bout that.

sailr
03-24-2010, 06:13 PM
You have to tape the OUTSIDE of the hatch for the Velocity Mono to be self righting. The Velocity CAT is not self righting regardless of what you do. Unlike flood chamber boats, (like the Mini ECO), the self righting has nothing to do with weight distribution. Its a factor of the high profile rounded hatch on the mono.

You're asking about the battery? Physically just about anything will fit. Their website recommends a 3S 11.1V 1500-2100mAh Lipo Battery. I'm using a 172 gram battery in that range and it does not self-right. maybe I just have to move it closer to the drive line...

mickvk
03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
You have to tape the OUTSIDE of the hatch for the Velocity Mono to be self righting. The Velocity CAT is not self righting regardless of what you do. Unlike flood chamber boats, (like the Mini ECO), the self righting has nothing to do with weight distribution. Its a factor of the high profile rounded hatch on the mono.

A weeble wobble is self righting. That has all to do with weighting. :)

I did use tape and had a problem. So I'll let you know what I can figure out in the future. Thanks for the input.

sailr
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Please let us know what you figure out. You are the first to report it doesn't work for you. As you know, we say on our website that we don't guarantee it to be self righting but since we wrote that, there has been an overwhelming response from people claiming theirs comes back up 99 times out of 100. We didn't design the boat to be self righting...it was just a happy accident!

A weeble wobble is self righting. That has all to do with weighting. :)

I did use tape and had a problem. So I'll let you know what I can figure out in the future. Thanks for the input.

FinzUp
03-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Hello Mick maybe we can roll our inputs back and forth to help each other. :Peace_Sign:

TRUNKMUNKY
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
How's that mini cat comming along?:sarcasm1:

FinzUp
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
How's that mini cat comming along?:sarcasm1:

Hey good news sailr said new replacement Catamaran will be on the way to
replace my "Crushed Cat" thanks to shippers with heavy handling :banana: So get your Race face on!!! LOL :thumbup1:

FinzUp
03-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks sailr for the quick help and hope you had a great time @ the Races

mickvk
03-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Well, I never liked the idea of a fast small boat running with that battery secured by just a strip of velcro. I also needed to put some flotation in the nose. So I killed two birds with one stone... I took a six inch piece of pool noodle, widened the center opening, narrowed the front tip, and glued 'er in. Now I'll try putting the battery just forward of the motor.

On the plus side, vertical center-of-gravity will be low and hopefully that will fix my inability to self-right.

On the negative side, my fore-to-aft center of gravity will be too forward. I think the rule of thumb is to shoot for the 33% from the transom... I'm at almost 50%. I'll have to get it in the water and report back.

If it doesn't ride well even with strut adjustments, I'll just use the velcro and hope I don't flip it at 30MPH!

Here are a couple pics.

sailr
03-30-2010, 11:08 PM
With the battery that far forward, It will probable submerge if it hits a wave. WAY too far forward.

TRUNKMUNKY
03-31-2010, 04:01 AM
:beerchug: Good for you! I just put that big batt in that little boat ,relocated some of the stuff and am charging it now.These little buggers are cramped for space man ! FLIGHT POWER just might be the truth!
Hey good news sailr said new replacement Catamaran will be on the way to
replace my "Crushed Cat" thanks to shippers with heavy handling :banana: So get your Race face on!!! LOL :thumbup1:

FinzUp
03-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Did you get your ESC to program to your Pistol radio or is it still having a problem??

TRUNKMUNKY
03-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Did you get your ESC to program to your Pistol radio or is it still having a problem??

I could not get the tactic system to tune out enough throttle,so it just keeps on running,will try reprogramming the esc too.tried reverse throttle and and switched a couple wires on the motor too, no joy.Went to fm system and had to do some crazy tuning on all the settings to make it work,but the throttle feel is unpredictable at best.

TRUNKMUNKY
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Finally got the tactic system to work.Thanks Jim.:thumbup1: u2 Bill.Goodbye antenna.

sailr
04-06-2010, 02:55 PM
No problem Bill. Glad to help.

Opedopy
06-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Well i havent posted since my issues but they fixed all my issues i took it to the river this memorial weekend and it ran great only thing im having trouble with is keeping the esc to stay put using two sided tape keeps falling off. other then that the boat runs great very fast self righted 99 outa the 100 only once did it not self right but the battery moved thats why.
it has the 2150 rhino 3s and tactic radio "works better then the speky i had in it"

heres some pictures and a video
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_2966.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_3490.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_3486.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_3494.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/opedopy/IMG_3491.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMOgPFwnsk

mickvk
06-02-2010, 03:55 PM
... once did it not self right but the battery moved thats why.

Yeah, the velcro isn't too hot IMHO. I'm glad you're having fun with your boat though.

Opedopy
06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
well if ure driving with no wake like most of u its not a problem but the way i drive and wat i drive in i like to jump and stuff like that so i knew it would move after a bit

bigwaveohs
06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, I never liked the idea of a fast small boat running with that battery secured by just a strip of velcro. I also needed to put some flotation in the nose. So I killed two birds with one stone... I took a six inch piece of pool noodle, widened the center opening, narrowed the front tip, and glued 'er in. Now I'll try putting the battery just forward of the motor.

On the plus side, vertical center-of-gravity will be low and hopefully that will fix my inability to self-right.

On the negative side, my fore-to-aft center of gravity will be too forward. I think the rule of thumb is to shoot for the 33% from the transom... I'm at almost 50%. I'll have to get it in the water and report back.

If it doesn't ride well even with strut adjustments, I'll just use the velcro and hope I don't flip it at 30MPH!

Here are a couple pics.

Put the battery on the port side toward the rear of the hull about 1 inch from the transom. Move fore and aft to adjust ride/attitude. I'm using a 2200 mAh PolyRC, and since it's a snug fit under the deck it NEVER comes loose...and I've rolled this little guy at least a dozen times and it just keeps on truckin'

scubasteve95
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
don't ever think of buying this boat from anybody
but jim(sailr) even if his is twice the price(and its not)
thanx to him my boat is kicken a$$....
dead heat against my buddys jollymotor(but cut turns like a knive)
got pics.....

sailr
06-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence! Your boat looks great!

Opedopy
06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
hmmm u need to post some things done to that cause it looks like it could help my boat out alot the things uve done to that :)

sailr
06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
The only thing I see added is the trim tabs.

mickvk
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
The only thing I see added is the trim tabs.

Hey, c'mon, the stickers are good for 5-10 MPH. :rockon2:

scubasteve95
06-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Hey, c'mon, the stickers are good for 5-10 MPH. :rockon2:

actually the stickers get me only another 3mph but i'll take what i can get..lol
sailr is correct as far as handling goes but i also added the jollymotor rod boot
and turned the rudder assembly around and theaded the hole so i could add a nylon screw for the rudder safety.

scubasteve95
06-13-2010, 11:05 PM
also tinned the flex cable end for a snug fit and to
stop the damage from the set screws

CaptPJB
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I have to confess I have a Chinese mini v and a mini cat and a Minicat USA Starship. It is easy to see the difference in the flex tube stuffing box area the Minicat USA is way better.

Anyway of the two Chinese boats the mini v runs no problem but the cat version keeps taking on water. I have removed all fittings applied silicone etc and the water is reduced but it is still getting in. I get about 2-3 minutes of run before the water in the hull becomes an issue.

Looking at it the Teflon liner is a loose fit in the stuffing tube so was thinking that may be the problem Anyone have an idea how to seal the Teflon to the stuffing tube, more grease, hot glue, ca? ( hate to think of digging out the tube and redoing the whole assembly)

For those thinking of Chinese vs Minicat USA the money you save is not worth it if you cannot enjoy the boat. I learned my lesson, the real Minicat USA is the way to go.

Any help/suggestions on the water problem on the Chinese mini cat would be appreciated

Peter

highndry
08-01-2010, 08:40 PM
I may be biased because Jim ( Sailr) is a friend and lives, basically, around the corner from me, but bottom line, he supports his product. Do the research..his products are what they are, fun, reliable and excellent quality for the price. Not race proven for the current classes, but I understand at least one of his hulls will be run in the 2010 Nats by a very competative driver.

scubasteve95
08-01-2010, 11:59 PM
here are some pics of the fix..
cut tube to size,use a small pair of needle nose and
just slide it over stuffing tube,insert wire almost into coupler
then slide small o-ring or cut tube onto wire
insert wire into coupler and then with two small picks or screw drivers
work o-ring over tube...done

try this ....pics are not coming up but the thread is:
wire drive install in the venom ekos site you can view the pics there.

scubasteve95
08-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Looking at it the Teflon liner is a loose fit in the stuffing tube so was thinking that may be the problem Anyone have an idea how to seal the Teflon to the stuffing tube, more grease, hot glue, ca? ( hate to think of digging out the tube and redoing the whole assembly)

Any help/suggestions on the water problem on the Chinese mini cat would be appreciated

Peter
peter go to this site...

ekos c-1 wire drive install thread page 1 in the venom king of shaves forum you can view the
pics and instructions there.
it just mite work if that is were your water issue is....