PDA

View Full Version : cat plans

cmunro
04-12-2009, 01:49 PM
hi every one i have been lurking on this forum and the red one for a few years and i am trying to build a balsa cat that can handle rough water i read that there is a dutch cat plan that is perfect but i cant seem to find it on ether forum so if any body knows where to get it let me know thank you guys :rockon2: cmunro1984@yahoo.com

EPower
04-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Take a look here lots of plans

http://www.modelbouw.gompy.net/boottekeningen/

Cheers Adrian

Norman2
04-12-2009, 05:27 PM
hi every one i have been lurking on this forum and the red one for a few years and i am trying to build a balsa cat that can handle rough water i read that there is a dutch cat plan that is perfect but i cant seem to find it on ether forum so if any body knows where to get it let me know thank you guys :rockon2: cmunro1984@yahoo.com

Just sent you E-mail with pdf files for the 30" cat I am building. See Thread 30" scratch built cat.
Norman

Jesse J
04-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Yes these are good plans, but I would look at Simon's thread that hasn't seen much attention lately. He has been working the different variables in a very scientific way and I think this is a good place to review.

For rough water, I would think (much opinion here and also lots of RnD)
1) deeper tunnel
2) steeper vee

So, with the Shockerman plans, I would take them into a graphic program and make some changes in the parts page to reflect these design changes. You might be able to just add 15% to the vertical dimension and build it normal from there. I could help with this graphics issue if needed.

I would guess you will be trading off some stability in the turns, but you want rough water cat, it ain't for free; thats why they make monos:w00t:

cmunro
04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
hey jesse what graphics program are you talking about i am not real good with computers

Jesse J
04-12-2009, 06:41 PM
I would open it up in one called Canvas, where you can take parts of the image and cut them out, stretch and put back together. Like if you printed your plans out on stretchy rubber. If you know what dimensions you want, it would talk less than half an hour.
Length:
width:
tunnel width:
tunnel depth:

Print out the plans Norman sent you on a page size and then think about the dimensions and let me know when you are ready.
J