PDA

View Full Version : Wiring my rigger

Simon.O.
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM
As you know i about to fit a 7XL on 4S Flightpower 4900 mAh in my rigger.
The pack has 12g wire to Deans and has run well before for Andy and Paddy.
I may swap out the Deans for 4mm Bullets. Undecided.
The motor has 5.5 bullets so the speedy will get these too on the output side with 10g wire.
I want to fit a kill/safety loop in the tub side. I thought about a 5.5 for this but they are very stiff to pull out smoothly.
Would a 4mm bullet be enough. I have a pile of these.

Summary.
Pack Pos 12g-------4mm Bullet-------Esc 2"of wire.
Pack Neg 12g-------4mm Bullet-------4mm Bullet(loop)--------Esc 4" of wire.
Total wire from pack to Esc would be no more than 6",

Good ? Bad ? Ugly ?

andym
04-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Simon I only use 6mm bullets or better. That old 7xl has blown the solder off of deans plugs before! I think you will find those plugs on the 7xl are 6mm United Hobbie sourced plugs? I think that is what was on them. Paddy would have put the deans on that old pack and I sugest you get as far away from them as possible.
Good luck
PS; my Whiplash 40 came home from the painters today and man oh man will email some pics tonight.
AndyM

Simon.O.
04-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Andy, Those on the 7XL are deffo 5.5 and Tyler has sent me enough 5.5 Females for me to do the esc to motor.
Back to the pack. Should I unwrap the front and get some new 10g wire on there and use 5.5 or 6mm Bullets.
If it is going to that much of an amp hog I may bin the idea of a safety loop and just do an esc cut-off instead.
It is only so it can sit on the lake edge and cool between runs.

Apples1
04-09-2009, 02:24 AM
5.5 on the tub for a safety loop will be fine those 5.5 plugs will Loosen up nicely after 20 or so applications but not too loose that they will pull apart during a run. I'm npot sure those deans will be up to the amps you will be pulling, someone else will know the rateing of the deans..... 60amps rings a bell but i'm not sure why... i have been hearing a lot of bells lately?

tylerm
04-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Simon, bullets are very adjustable resistance wise(pulling effort). I sometimes use a pairs of pliers to squash the males a bit to reduce resistance. If it becomes too much i spread them out again by shoving something in the middle and spreading the segments out a bit:bounce:

Simon.O.
04-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Simon, bullets are very adjustable resistance wise(pulling effort). I sometimes use a pairs of pliers to squash the males a bit to reduce resistance. If it becomes too much i spread them out again by shoving something in the middle and spreading the segments out a bit:bounce:

Given a couple of beers and reading that can create a lot of very disturbing mental images. :roflol:

That is good to hear about the bullets. I will now look to a safety loop with 5.5's that are loosened up a little so I do not pull the side out of the boat.

Just need 3 more female 5.5's and we are there. ;)

tylerm
04-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Given a couple of beers and reading that can create a lot of very disturbing mental images. :roflol:

LOL, whosebad.

Just need 3 more female 5.5's and we are there.

In the mail next week.