View Full Version : MM servo

bustitup
04-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Thinking of using a traxxas 2075 water proof emax servo
125oz .16sec
Enough?

Fluid
04-07-2009, 06:09 AM
What rudder are you using? I'm not familiar with Traxxas servos personally, but the specs are plenty.

bustitup
04-07-2009, 08:53 AM
What rudder are you using? I'm not familiar with Traxxas servos personally, but the specs are plenty.

this one Jay and that darn black boot makes the control rod bind very easily...pretty sure this is the stock harware that comes on the gas mm

http://www.rgcbuilders.net/mm2.jpg

Fluid
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
There's no rudder blade in the photo so I can't judge what the load might be, but with over 100 in-oz on tap it should be fine. A bind in the pushrod is a bad thing, if it is rubbing on the edge of the hole in the transom you should move either the linkage on the servo or on the rudder so it does not bind, or move the servo mount slightly to center the rod in the hole. The bind will keep the servo from returning to the same neutral position after a turn, making the boat hard to drive smoothly. Sometimes you can put a slight bend in the pushrod itself to avoid the binding, but if too severe it hurts the steering output.

That water pickup looks rather draggy, move the mount up 1/8" and adjust the tube so that the front edge of the cut is level with the bottom of the sponson. And it is on the wrong side. If you have to add drag, adding it to the left side helps to balance out prop walk.

bustitup
04-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the help Jay...as to that lower water pickup I allready removed it because it looked like it had alot of drag......i'm only going to use the one off the top of the rudder

another question sir....I installed the castle nue finned 2200 kv motor and modified a kb45 water jacket to work on the finned motor....I'm also going to try the mamba monster esc that comes with the motor...it has no water cooling but does have a built in fan with a thermostat that comes on at 150 deg. (why you ask)...well the main reason is nobody has tried this setup and I like breaking new ground plus I allready had thie setup from using it in my truggy....I'm going to start off with two 2s lipos in series and also want to try one single 5s...will also start off with a x442 and mve up ifrom there after checking temps and using the "watts up: meter that douggie sent me....what are your honest feelings on this unethical setup i have?

There's no rudder blade in the photo so I can't judge what the load might be, but with over 100 in-oz on tap it should be fine. A bind in the pushrod is a bad thing, if it is rubbing on the edge of the hole in the transom you should move either the linkage on the servo or on the rudder so it does not bind, or move the servo mount slightly to center the rod in the hole. The bind will keep the servo from returning to the same neutral position after a turn, making the boat hard to drive smoothly. Sometimes you can put a slight bend in the pushrod itself to avoid the binding, but if too severe it hurts the steering output.

That water pickup looks rather draggy, move the mount up 1/8" and adjust the tube so that the front edge of the cut is level with the bottom of the sponson. And it is on the wrong side. If you have to add drag, adding it to the left side helps to balance out prop walk.