PDA

View Full Version : the toledo show

Eyekandyboats
04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
well it was about the same as last year but slightly less.
there was alot of chinese batteries there from all sorts of crazy manufactuers. however one of the best was thunderpower and eneerland. i was talking with jason from eneerland today about new batteries and man there are going to be some crazy nice batteries comming out for you guys... 45-50c packs.
i will be working with him for some testing. so stay tuned :)
if you want batteries the best place to go with rclipo.com... with out a doubt.
next up was the chargers. alot of chinese chargers and some bantam chargers too. bantam certainly had there stuff together and they are great chargers, there are also some of the hobby king chargers that are not as good however look to be the same... even the weight is diffrent they are so much lighter and chincy. lol
second.. at hobby city they sell the super simple esc's . well they have the super simple 100 amp esc ( which i have bought and work well... we pulled 104 amps out of it for a full duration of a 5000 mah pack ) they are 26 dollars at hobby city but here the same one they were selling for 89 dollars plus tax..... gop figure.
i got a great deal on hi tech servo's for my planes :)... lol

and last there isnt very many new boat stuff, as it is mostly a plane show.. but mike Z was there with his UL one and he now has a small 1/20 th scale miss thunder round nose hydro... it comes with the same stuff as the mini rio but it has a real sire drive and a very ncie rudder assembly... its a nice boat.. retail i think is 110 dollars.

then micro glass had a very ncie cracker box ( hull only) that is fiberglass... fantastic finish ( sorry i didnt grab pictures) but it is 20 inches long.... if you want a cracker box... get this one its NICE....
steven i think you should look into this one it is pretty cool
http://www.microglass.net/products/p1044.html
pics will be comming soon

Basstronics
04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Hahhahahahaha

I spoted that Cracker hanging out with all the scale hulls. Yes it was very very nice. Light with sharp corners. I thought "jet boat!"

The price threw me off.

There were batteries all over. Prices varied, but you are correct. Everything was 3x's the price as they are online from China. I guess that middle man has to be paid... But not by me (Im poor). So I will order online.