PDA

View Full Version : Ul-1 ESC won't arm, no beeps.

jingalls007
03-31-2009, 07:26 PM
I know there have been quite a few issues with this hull but I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with the ESC arming. Suggestions? thx

JimClark
03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
adjust your throttle trim

jingalls007
03-31-2009, 07:49 PM
I tried everything, including the TH. Trim adjustment, that I read in a earlier thread about a few arming issue's with the ESC. I have brand new maxamps 5250 30C but don't think that could be the issue??

skibo2
03-31-2009, 08:03 PM
No, it is not your batteries, I am using the same set up with the Max Amp 5250's.
My problem turned out to be a bad BEC circuit in the ESC. Aquacraft replaced the ESC and it works fine now. Contact Hobby Services.

jingalls007
03-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Will do Skibo, thanks. I do have an "old" Castle barricuda 125 ESC that isn't water cooled, what are your thoughts on using this until my replacement ESC comes in and how long did it take to get your new ESC? thx

skibo2
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Will do Skibo, thanks. I do have an "old" Castle barricuda 125 ESC that isn't water cooled, what are your thoughts on using this until my replacement ESC comes in and how long did it take to get your new ESC? thx

I am not very familiar with the Baracuda ESC but, if it has a built in BEC circuit that can handle 14.8 volts, or if you can hook up a 6 volt power supply to the receiver it should work. If the Baracuda has a BEC circuit but it can't handle 14.8 volts, you would have to disable that one before hooking up the external 6 volt supply. However, if you call Hobby Services tomorrow they should be able to get you one within 4 or 5 days. I live in Florida and I called on a Friday and received it the following Wednesday. Hobby Services number is 217-398-0007.

jingalls007
03-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Great, thanks so much for the help Skibo, I appreciate it. How's your Ul-1 running now?

skibo2
03-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Great, thanks so much for the help Skibo, I appreciate it. How's your Ul-1 running now?

Have only run it twice since I got the new ESC but both times ran like a dream. Hope you get yours fixed and get to enjoy it soon. Just remember to look at all the other threads about the UL-1 and make the appropriate upgrades. Have done most of them to mine also.

jingalls007
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I am not very familiar with the Baracuda ESC but, if it has a built in BEC circuit that can handle 14.8 volts, or if you can hook up a 6 volt power supply to the receiver it should work. If the Baracuda has a BEC circuit but it can't handle 14.8 volts, you would have to disable that one before hooking up the external 6 volt supply. However, if you call Hobby Services tomorrow they should be able to get you one within 4 or 5 days. I live in Florida and I called on a Friday and received it the following Wednesday. Hobby Services number is 217-398-0007.

You got lucky with Hobby Services and the time it took them to ship you your new ESC. They recognized the issue with the ESC but are now giving me the run around as to when they will ship it to me. I was told three different shipping dates on three different days but it is what it is I guess. I've used this down time to do the mods to make my Ul-1 rock solid, can't wait to run this boat. Thanks again for your help Skibo!

Chuck E Cheese
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
do any of you know about the claimed lipo cut off with this ul-1 esc? i know there is not one on the super-v esc but i wanted to use the ul-1 on 3 cells if possable

Capt. Crash
04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't know if the cut out works...but mine hit the stutter bump last time out.

Chuck E Cheese
04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
ok, prob need to go with a SV insetead. i have an extra UL-1 controler but this is in a boat for my girlfriend and i want to start it off pretty mellow. DF 26" with AMMO 2300, i figured 3s1p at first till she can gain some throttle control, then step it up to 2s2p

Rumdog
04-11-2009, 01:32 AM
:just-kidding::just-kidding::sarcasm1:A boat for your girlfriend,? good luck!

Chuck E Cheese
04-11-2009, 04:08 AM
yeah i know, im building a delta 26" with an ammo and ul-1 esc to eventually run on 4 cells. another one of the guys at the pond built his wife a nitro tunnel and i want to get a "ladies" class started. what stinks is it is going to be a boat i allready have so i cant even take it over when my plan doesnt work. if nothing else it can sit on the rack with the rest of them and she cant compalin about all my boats because they will then be all of "our" boats

Brushless55
04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I had a problem with my esc not arming on my UL-1 I got yesterday, I switched the throttle reverse switch, and problem solved!