PDA

View Full Version : Generation Gap.

785boats
03-31-2009, 03:02 PM
I think this says a lot.
Paul.

RCprince
03-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Young people today are lost (by design, without unruly human how can the prison industrial complex survive). I remember growing up where young people couldn't just speak to an adult with out saying excuse me. They couldn't talk to an adult with out saying , good morning, good afternoon or good evening. You knew your place; when adults were speaking you found kids of your own age group to dialogue with. If you missed behaved in school, the Principal whipped you if a family member heard about it on the way home you'd get a whipping when they saw you and another when you got home. Shoot family members and friends bartered.

If a house need to be built, we'd go fishing the day before or bring some mutton(goat), beef or wild boar, then someone else would bring the drinks and the ladies would cook and you had a well build home that withstood hurricanes, not the crap they manufacture today for millions( a good breeze comes and the roof falls off). But it's the price of unbridled capitalism... B**** better have my money! the family structure was the first casualty. Children, children...TIME OUT. LOL! time out my a**... You mean it's time in, time for me to get all up in that a** and straighten you out... spare the rod spoil the child!

I remember in 1994 Bill Clinton step into Singapore sovereign laws to appeal for an American youngster Micheal Fay , who left the confines of the States to go abroad an write graffiti on cars and for other acts of vandalism, He was convicted and sentenced to 6 flagging with a rattan cane plus 4 months in jail, they later reduce the flagging to 4( WTH). Children today are out of control because parents make then their friends... No, I'm your parent and in the confines of that relationship you have certain leeway until I have to reel you back in with the quickness. (you play with puppies, they lick your mouth: translation, you play with children [not kids: kids are goats] they start to think your a child with them.

Flying Scotsman
03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Young people today are lost (by design, without unruly human how can the prison industrial complex survive). I remember growing up where young people couldn't just speak to an adult with out saying excuse me. They couldn't talk to an adult with out saying , good morning, good afternoon or good evening. You knew your place; when adults were speaking you found kids of your own age group to dialogue with. If you missed behaved in school, the Principal whipped you if a family member heard about it on the way home you'd get a whipping when they say you and another when you got home. Shoot family members and friends bartered.

If a house need to be built, we'd go fishing the day before or bring some mutton(goat), beef or wild boar, then someone else would bring the drinks and the ladies would cook and you had a well build home that withstood hurricanes, not the crap they manufacture today for millions( a good breeze comes and the roof falls off). But it's the price of unbridled capitalism... B**** better have my money! the family structure was the first casualty.

Say no more and amen

Douggie

Doby
03-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Its a society today of instant gratification and assumed rights to everything.