PDA

View Full Version : rio51

launchpad
03-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello Guys;

I was just checking some info on the aquacraft rio51 and I was surprised as to what I read.Aparently they have discontinue making it.Would any one know why they have done this? Thanks:confused2:

engineerjoe
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
There is only speculation at this point. It's my opinion that the hull of the Rio will be back but with a different, more reliable, more powerful, more expensive motor (RCMK, maybe???Please!!!???, maybe a better fuji motor??)

The fuji BT-28M just wasn't cutting it, they had all kinds of problems and it cost them a bunch of money in customer service.

Be patient and I'm sure a better replacement will come from aquacraft eventually

oh, and this is an electrics forum, you might get a better response from a gas boat specific forum.

launchpad
03-31-2009, 01:08 AM
Hello;
Thats good as I do like the hull.The one I have has the G2D goped motor which was converted marine use.Marine specialties out of huston built it.It is not stock,they did alot of work to it and my rio moves across the water alot faster than the original.I have not clocked it as yet,but I will post it when I do.I just installed a marine specialties clutch.With a little customizing I got it fit.
Thanks for letting me know what is happening have a good one
Al

Bill-SOCAL
03-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Go to RC Universe. There are numerous threads about the Rio 51.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_236/tt.htm

Lots of information on the faults, fixes, upgrades, tuning, and so on. Do a search, you'll find plenty to keep you busy reading!!