PDA

View Full Version : auto bailers

bustitup
03-30-2009, 11:25 AM
would like to get a survey of mean machine owners

of all you guys using the bailers are you having any problems with your sponsons filling up with water when your boats stops out in the pond?

I just tested my boat empty in my pool and the water rushed in very quickly almost to the top of the tunnel...it seamed with any weight at all in the boat would let the water come up over the top of the tunnel very easily......it was suggested that I plug the bailers up and I probably will but I'm curious to those that haven't plugged them up and how your dealing with it?

DISAR
03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
In mine one was leaking one was not. I filled the the leaking one with silicon.

TRUCKPULL
03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
If you need an auto bailer in a FE boat you have got other problems.

Larry

Rumdog
03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
unloaded the plastic ball in the auto -bailer may not be contacting enough water to push it into the o-ring. try it with a little weight in the hull. the bailers should be completely submerged when the boat isn't moving.

NorthernBoater
03-30-2009, 07:09 PM
An auto bailer in FE will not work very well. For it to work most effectively you can not have the boat sealed. You need to have air flowing into the hull to replace the water flowing out.

DISAR
03-30-2009, 10:17 PM
The one that I left unsealed works fine- no water coming in from anywhere so I left it just in case something happens.
Helps a lot when washing my MM.

HOTWATER
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
If you need an auto bailer in a FE boat you have got other problems.

Larry

I was just thinking the same thing!!!:iagree::popcorn2: