PDA

View Full Version : Check it out this great idea!

SweetZ28
03-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Great boat hold down for transporting in car to pond!

Hi guy's the other day i went out with my boats and i decided to use the velcro duble sided strap and wrap it around my boat stands to hold my boats down to them... any how i used it on all my boats i put in my car and it works awesome!!
You wrap it around the stand and boat so that the plastic hook side is facing outside and what's so good about this idea i found is that when you put it in your cars trunk or hatch the velcro sticks to the carpet and makes your boats stay in place and not slide around it's great!!! they sell this in different lenths and widths you can proabably wrap 2 or one wide wrap...also if you have a stand like the super V27 you can do the same thing but on the stands legs that hit the ground just use some of the stick tape velcro hook side and put 4 sections on the legs so it will stick down to your cars carpet so the boat wont slide around.... This is a neat idea i found.

Here is a pic showing on a small mini V but it orks with all boats.

egneg
03-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Great idea as my pvc stands slide when I turn ... going to the garage right now to rectify the problem.

SweetZ28
03-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Great idea as my pvc stands slide when I turn ... going to the garage right now to rectify the problem.

stick some of the hook side of the velcro on the stand bottoms that should stop it from sliding.:thumbup1: