PDA

View Full Version : Video

Doby
03-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks to Ivan, aka "headhunter" over at RCU for the video.

The ponds finally opened up last week and Saturday we got together for some fun.:thumbup:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8610857/tm.htm

Was good to get wet again after about 5 months of hibernating.

calcagno45
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
At least the water finally unfroze for you guys!!:doh:

Looks like some good afternoon fun there!! and all boats looked good! Did you get to run the DF33?

Still ran the Vegas with the SV ESC? prop? She ran pretty well from what I can see. As soon as I catch up, I'll be looking into doing this conversion as well.

:thumbup::tiphat::beerchug:

Jesse J
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Dang, that is good quality filming! What camera did you use? I need me one of them guys. Good looking boats!

Doby
03-24-2009, 01:04 PM
The Vegas ran with the SV prop. I'm just glad to get the boats running after months of nothing.....

I'll start tuning things when it warms up a bit. It was only 5 deg C that afternoon.

The DF did get 2 runs in, but for some reason Ivan was more concerned with trying to get his boats in the water rather than run his vid camera. (Can't really blame him for that)

The SV was running a cheap set of 2S Zippy Flightmax 5000mAh 25C LiPos and I have to say that for the price, they preformed well. The SV needed some negative angle on the strut for the next run in keep the bow from bouncing around!

They all ran fine with the exception of the TS2, It never made it to the water as the motor seemed to be running slowly. Turned out later that it was operator induced stupidity:doh::doh:. I was connecting a set of 2S LiPos using a parallel harness instead of a series harness. What an idiot!

Keeping the LiPos warm was another problem, usually about half way through the runs I was able to notice an increase in speed on all boats as they warmed up.

Temps on all motors/controllers and batteries was not an issues as the water temp was just above 0 and the air temp was only a few degrees better.

As for what camera Ivan was using, I'm not really sure. I was more concerned with getting the boats wet. The other guy on the vid, Joe with his nitro boats, is around 75 and still going strong!

Meniscus
03-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Turned out later that it was operator induced stupidity:doh::doh:. I was connecting a set of 2S LiPos using a parallel harness instead of a series harness. What an idiot!

I don't know anyone that would make the parallel/series mistake (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=7030) ;) LOL!

Doby
03-24-2009, 03:20 PM
At least with mine I would just die of boredom vs yours that might kill a motor!