PDA

View Full Version : 3 points, Sponson, Fin & Prop

NativePaul
03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi Guys, I recently saw a clip of what I believe to be a Japanese oval rigger that had a very strange turn fin, it rode up the fin whilst on the straight so it was tracking along tilted over riding on the left sponson the tip if the turn fin and the prop but when it started to turn the right sponson came down and it whipped around the corners unbelievably fast, I really want to see it again but cant remember where I found it, I think it was here but I have searched here and on RRR to no avail. Sorry my searchfu is so weak but if can anyone can help me out and give me a link or point me in the direction of the thread it was in I would appreciate it?

NativePaul
12-04-2009, 03:12 PM
OK, I found the clip I was looking for, its near the bottom of this (http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2008/12/japanese-style-rc-hydro-boats.html) page, I was just gobsmacked at how well this thing turns, I know virtually nothing about riggers how would I go about setting one up to turn that well, the page mentions holding left steering in down the straights but not why, angling the turn fin to the right would need you to hold left trim bout would it help right turns that much? maybe the turn fin is parallel to the sponsons as usual but the sponsons themselves are facing right? Any ideas?

alvinsmith75
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM
That is CCCRRRAAAAZZZZYYYYY! I love it.

Rumdog
12-04-2009, 06:04 PM
i'm so glad i just watched that! Insane!!

Jeepers
12-04-2009, 06:38 PM
COOL! I love when it comes on the pipe!

NativePaul
12-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Oops, looks like we used up all their bandwidth.

befu
12-04-2009, 11:42 PM
OK, I was expecting something wild due to post above, but i almost choked on my apple pie just now!!!:w00t:

WOW!!!! Now that corners.