PDA

View Full Version : startup problem

launchpad
03-18-2009, 06:39 PM
hello Guys;

I am just putting the final touches to my mvegas conversion to brushless.When I hook it all up all I get is a kind of musical tone and thats it.There is no power or what ever.I installed the batteries and then turn the transmitter on then hook the batteries up and all I get is that musical tone.I am a little lost on this one,so I hope there is someone out there that can help me with this issue.:doh:
Thanks in advance......... Al

EPower
03-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi What esc are you using and did you bid the throttle to the esc ?

launchpad
03-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Hello;
Thanks for getting back to me so soon.I went online to get a description of this esc and it states it can handle up to 8cells lipo.It does not say anything about Nicad or Nimph batteries.It can handle 100 amps continuous with a 15 sec 120 amp burst.Now, am I to assume (hate that word), that it can only handle lipo's.If that is the case then that would explain the problem I am having.You mentioned something else but if I go back to view the answer you sent I will lose all what I have stated here.I know,as I tried and had to retype it all over again.
What is your opinion on this?I have a few boats and this is the first time I have had a problem with starting of it.
I would appreciate any suggestions......... Thankyou
Al:help:

launchpad
03-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi again;

I do not follow what you said about bid the throttle to the esc.

EPower
03-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Hi i meant did you bind the throttle to the esc :doh:

j.m.
03-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Some airplane esc's won't arm correctly with a pistol style Tx. This is probably what's going on. See if you can move the neutral point on your Tx.

launchpad
03-19-2009, 12:03 AM
hello;

Well I tried a few things and nothing,I have a hextronic 120 amp esc sitting around and so I decided to use it.The same thing...........I would get a beep and then nothing.I also get the beep by just plugging in the batteries.and the tx off.So i am lost on this,anyone have any ideas.............

EPower
03-19-2009, 12:14 AM
It looks like it might be something else same thing cant happen to two esc

ED66677
03-20-2009, 04:06 AM
back to the original question... what ESC is this? link?

DISAR
03-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Did you reverse the throttle channel?