PDA

View Full Version : Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman
03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
This is my last epistle on this site :banana: for many. The reason, I am fed up with twits. I will be on the RRR site. I will still watch :eek:

Douggie

domwilson
03-18-2009, 05:59 PM
I like reading your posts. Sometimes informative, sometimes funny and others times, well you know...

So, why let a few push you from here?

NativePaul
03-18-2009, 06:01 PM
http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/images/lfx2.jpg

Diegoboy
03-18-2009, 06:03 PM
http://www.diegoboy.com/images/smilies/drama.gif <---- :sarcasm1:

domwilson
03-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Can't see the pic.

Diegoboy
03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
I guess I'm a twit for not knowing how to post a pic. :sorry:

EPower
03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I wonder what pissed him off:ohmy:

egneg
03-18-2009, 06:23 PM
I am sorry Douggie ... I have put your picture back up in my avatar. 1 Zimbabwean dollar is more than enough for each post and I will send Dolly to your house for conjugal visits!

Flying Scotsman
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/images/lfx2.jpg

Dam it Paul, you are the only one that realised my name . That train was ??? in speed

Douggie

Ub Hauled
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
I thought it was the famous motorcycle racer(?!)

egneg
03-18-2009, 06:40 PM
This is where it came from ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8B-K6wyOI

Steven Vaccaro
03-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry to see you leave Doug. But you must do, what feels best.

EPower
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Comon Douggie we don't want to loose you everyone has their point of view i don't agree with allot of them :zip-up: and still think this site should be used for Rc boat talk only
Cheers Adrian

domwilson
03-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I agree. Everyone has a point of view or an opinion. Lately some have gone a little too far in expressing their views. At times resorting to offensive remarks and name calling. Maybe we should treat this site like work. Talk about anything except Politics, Religion and lude sex acts. Or if we continue on, at least keep it civil. This is a good forum for FE boaters and light hearted discussions. But I feel that some are giving newbies a bad impression of our generally friendly forum and hobby.

Doby
03-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Wilson' your're alive.

Douggie, Don't go,,,,,:crying::crying:,,,,,,If you leave, then the Americans will out number the Canadians on this site. Remember,,,, it takes 25 of them to equal 1 of us.:rofl:

Diegoboy
03-18-2009, 07:44 PM
:patriot::canada::usa:

domwilson
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Wilson' your're alive.

Douggie, Don't go,,,,,:crying::crying:,,,,,,If you leave, then the Americans will out number the Canadians on this site. Remember,,,, it takes 25 of them to equal 1 of us.:rofl:

Couldn't resist this one, Doby...Is that by weight?

Doby
03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Well done Wilson, till we meet again:tiphat:

Flying Scotsman
03-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Wilson' your're alive.

John , I will think it over the night, I am still not shure, Steven's answer was tepid at best.

Douggie

detox
03-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the butt.....................................just kidding. Sleep it off.

domwilson
03-18-2009, 08:45 PM
John , I will think it over the night, I am still not shure, Steven's answer was tepid at best.

Douggie

Yep. Think it over. And post some more in the albums section while you're at it. That was a good discussion.

Flying Scotsman
03-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Yep. Think it over. And post some more in the albums section while you're at it. That was a good discussion.
OK, if you remove Rock music.. Dylan and ?

Douggie

domwilson
03-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Can't do that. Rock is the Ying to R&B's Yang. They must remain in balance, grasshoppa...

Doug Smock
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Take a deep cleansing breath Douggie!!!!;)

Flying Scotsman
03-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Doug and many others...thank you and cheers

Douggie

NorthernBoater
03-18-2009, 10:51 PM
This is where it came from ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8B-K6wyOI

That actually looks like a pretty good movie. It looks just as a good as the "The Worlds Fastest Indian".

EPower
03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
It's a great movie must watch it again:popcorn2:
Adrian

egneg
03-19-2009, 02:42 AM
That actually looks like a pretty good movie. It looks just as a good as the "The Worlds Fastest Indian".

It is and the 2 are very similar as far as the general theme.

Flying Scotsman
03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
I decided after sleeping on it and watching the trailer for that film and that wonderful painting of the Flying Scotsman that some young kids are not going to run me out of town. :moon::canada::hornets_nest:

Douggie

domwilson
03-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Glad to see that you've decided to stay.

Punisher 67
03-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Good to see that you have decided to stay Douggie............................:banana:

Your comment cracked me up John ( the outnumbered cannucks )...............:laugh:

Sad to say but I have the same feelings for RRR lately , just not the same there anymore for some reason ( for me ) . on Stevens site I really feel like I am a welcome member and part of something unique and cool.......:thumbup1:

Flying Scotsman
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Peter, thank you. It is a shame that many young/newbies do not search first but post silly questions. I do not suffer fools well. All questions are valid with a sense of decorum to their quest.

Douggie

Diegoboy
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
If a new user asks questions that YOU feel are "silly" then just ignore the post. You don't have to comment on every post here on OSE. It's not your job to see that every question has an answer. Those that know the answer and are willing to reply, will do so. You, on the other hand, should simply ignor them and move on to the next post.

Flying Scotsman
03-19-2009, 02:17 PM
If a new user asks questions that YOU feel are "silly" then just ignore the post. You don't have to comment on every post here on OSE. It's not your job to see that every question has an answer. Those that know the answer and are willing to reply, will do so. You, on the other hand, should simply ignor them and move on to the next post.

A very interesting reply Danny and as a Mediator why are you replying?

Douggie

Diegoboy
03-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Now you feel that you can tell me my job here on OSE too? I mediate, that doesn't prevent me from being a user as well. Remember I was a user 1st. (the 1st user to be exact). If young people get under your skin & new people get under your skin, Then this site is not for you my friend. This site caters to the new as well as the experienced. It caters to the young as well as the old. Get over it because that fact is not going to change. You will not conform OSE to suit your desires (a 35yo+ forum for boaters with 5+ years of experience only). So please grow up and let it go already.

Flying Scotsman
03-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Danny, young people I love, twits are another matter. You have done a stellar job as a mediator, but friends are friends and that may cause damage.

Douggie

Steven Vaccaro
03-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Doug you have to realize some of these kids are 10 years old. The future of rc boating users.

My son is 11 and visits a aquarium forum on a daily basis. The questions he asks are basic at best, but I'm proud that he asks the questions and researches the product. Sure the guys get upset with him once in a while. Its all part of belonging to an open forum.

Diegoboy
03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
You just don't realize how much "damage" you have caused. Every time there is an issue between members, YOU are always one of the two members. Why is that? It's come down to wherever I find trouble, I find you. It is always the same thing...
I do not suffer fools well.

Please learn to suffer them or learn to ignor them.

Flying Scotsman
03-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Steven, I could not agree more my eldest grandson Luke (6 years old) took my SV for a spin, it was great to watch his experience but some young 15 year olds do not undestand respect

Douggie

Diegoboy
03-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I believe you're old enough to know the best way to EARN respect...

Doby
03-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Its not the young ones,,,its the rest of us old farts you need to worry about:w00t::beerchug:

Doby
03-19-2009, 03:13 PM

Currently ignoring this post....moving on to the next one.....:roflol:

Steven Vaccaro
03-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Steven, I could not agree more my eldest grandson Luke (6 years old) took my SV for a spin, it was great to watch his experience but some young 15 year olds do not undestand respect

Douggie

Next time someone disrespects you please contact me with the thread.

Flying Scotsman
03-19-2009, 03:15 PM
You just don't realize how much "damage" you have caused. Every time there is an issue between members, YOU are always one of the two members. Why is that? It's come down to wherever I find trouble, I find you. It is always the same thing...

Please learn to suffer them or learn to ignor them.

Danny, what the hell was that...Damage

I guess you are amongst a group that wish me to be banned. No such luck on your grounds

Douggie

Doby
03-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Anyway, now that Douggie has decided to stay, the odds are back to normal:canada:=:usa:(x25).

SO with the planets back in their natural alignmnet, lets get back to the real issue at hand;

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=5468

Tick,,,tick,,tick,,,:sleep:

Diegoboy
03-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Ya can't blame me for trying. :sarcasm1:

I don't want you banned, I don't want you gone either. I just want you to tolerate a bit more. Everything in life and this form will not go exactly YOUR way. When you learn that, things will be so much better.

Diegoboy
03-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Anyway, now that Douggie has decided to stay, the odds are back to normal:canada:=:usa:(x25).

SO with the planets back in their natural alignmnet, lets get back to the real issue at hand;

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=5468

Tick,,,tick,,tick,,,:sleep:

Okay Doby. Back to work! :thumbup1:

Steven Vaccaro
03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Looks like we are done.....