PDA

View Full Version : Let's see what health and safety have to say

Simon.O.
03-10-2009, 01:25 AM
There was a 17mm ply sheet lashed to the roof rack of the Hilux.
She wanted the front of the house washed and this was the easiest way to get the high bits.
I only have the dining room windows to do and that will be a real hoot for H&S if my plan works. :eek:

Bill-SOCAL
03-10-2009, 01:56 AM
No safety railing.
No safety harness
No watch man
No perimeter exclusion zone set up.
No warning signs of men working above.
No runoff containment
No PPE for the worker. Barefoot, no gloves, goggles etc. Modified Level D as the very least recommended.
Vehicle no chocked.

All in all a very shoddy situation any way you look at it. You're lucky to be alive. I suppose you go to a fire in flip-flops as well?? Turn outs are for babies!!

Simon.O.
03-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Bill, I was pretty sure you would jump in on this one. I know you are big on H&S.
Fair call on all the rule violations on this job.
If the soap is bidegradeable and I am washing off wind blown dust and sh1t that is on the house, do I still need run-off containment and professional disposal of the water?? I am yanking your chain a bit here as all the water runs off on to the lawn and there is hundreds of square meters of lawn between here and anywhere.
Lucky to be alive ?? I wake up most days lucky to be alive......Real happy too.!!::banana:

As for attendance at fires I am sure you have seen what we wear. A lot and it is hot.

I have said it before (on rrr) and here it is again, Bill, when you come over here there will be a cold one waiting for you. :thumbup:

Bill-SOCAL
03-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Just having some early morning fun here. I forgot to mention that due to possible airborn contaminants you should probably have your Scott Airpack on too!!

You should see how they made us dress to go into the reactor compartment on a nuclear sub!! Stay times as short as 10 minutes in some cases with decon taking 45 minutes or more!!

AndyKunz
03-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Shouldn't there be a containment system around the entire structure to prevent carcinogens and other chemicals "known to the State of California to cause birth defects" from being released to roam, unchecked, in the ecosystem?

andy

Doby
03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
What, no beer in one hand??

egneg
03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I would be in a lawn chair with the cooler next to it watching the kid from down the street do it. When he was done I'd give him a twenty and a cold soda.

:thumbup:

Flying Scotsman
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I would be in a lawn chair with the cooler next to it watching the kid from down the street do it. When he was done I'd give him a twenty and a cold soda.

:thumbup:

Chuck the lazy one, but that is the best resolution especially if the wife is comming back after shopping and you stated it will be done this morning.

Douggie

Simon.O.
03-11-2009, 04:03 AM
John ( Doby) htf am I supposed to wash the house and drink at the same time. Physically it is very possible :tape: you must consider that I have the supervisor present (say on the end of a camera) so pouring beer down the neck is not the best look while washing a house. There was a lot of beer consumed afterwards.:beerchug:
Chuck
If any of the kids in my street are not at school or work then I do not really want them down my driveway on a weekday. Local kids and work for the neighbours seem to be a lost theme these days. I know when I was a lad we went house to house looking for work, well that is another topic is itself.
Douggie.
No such luck with her out shopping, she was "helping" me, taking pics and pointing out the bits that I missed.

I still manage to find time to build and run boats.:banana: and drink my home-brewed beer.

Meniscus
03-11-2009, 08:12 AM
What, no beer in one hand??

:roflol: LMAO!!! :roflol:

:beerchug: I knew there was someone else that thought like me! That's great Doby! :thumbup1: