PDA

View Full Version : Australia

Flying Scotsman
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Wee Dave, my brother, just came back from a 7 week holiday to the big continent. This was his first visit and for some obscure reason he loved it. He found the people stoic, patriotic, and have a keen ability to take the piss out of themselves and pre conceived values. I asked Wee Dave if he was sober and he stated yes.

Douggie

Ub Hauled
03-09-2009, 01:44 PM
That's a lie Douggie... from what I understand there is no one sober in AUS.
;)
I never been but for some odd reason I love the place... go figure.

Flying Scotsman
03-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Remember Jan. Wee Dave has returned to the frozen tundra of Inverness, Scotland and his mind may now turn to, at last a dram that does not cost me an arm and a leg.

Douggie

Xzessperated
03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I guess Dave never had the following problem then Douggie. This happens quite frequently here in Tasmania but the kangaroos are 3 meters high down here. You have to wonder why his undies were shredded don't you?

Man wrestles kangaroo in Canberra home

Not a bird, or a plane, but a kangaroo has crashed through the bedroom window of a Canberra family's home before terrorising its unsuspecting occupants.

The family, from the suburb of Garran in Canberra's south, were awoken in the early hours of Sunday when their pet dog began barking from the garden.

Moments later, a kangaroo burst through a three metre high window of the house's master bedroom and onto the bed where Beat Ettlin, his partner Verity Beman and their nine-year-old daughter Beatrix lay.

"My initial thought when I was half awake was: it's a lunatic ninja coming through the window," Mr Ettlin told The Associated Press.

"It seems about as likely as a kangaroo breaking in."

While the family took refuge under the blankets, the injured animal proceeded to jump on top of them, gouging holes in the furniture and smearing blood all over the walls.

The next thing Mr Ettlin heard was his 10-year-old son Leighton screaming from his bed: "There's a 'roo in my room!'"

"I thought, this can be really dangerous for the whole family now," the 42-year-old said.

A chef, originally from the Swiss city of Stans, Mr Ettlin followed the thrashing and bleeding two metre tall marsupial and wrestled it into a headlock before dragging it down the hallway and out the front door.

Left wearing just his shredded underpants and with scratch marks on his leg and buttocks, Mr Ettlin described himself as "lucky".

"I had just my Bonds undies on. I felt vulnerable," he said.

As quickly as it had come, the kangaroo vanished into a nearby reserve and the family reported the intrusion to police and wildlife authorities.

Ms Beman praised her husband's courage and said she didn't know many men who would go head-to-head with a kangaroo.

"I think he's a hero, a hero in Bonds undies," she said.

Doby
03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Maybe a Kangaroo ate his baby!

Flying Scotsman
03-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Undies and a roo..no contest..problem was he was Swiss!!!

Douggie

Xzessperated
03-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Maybe a Kangaroo ate his baby!

Ahhhh Doby you know a little of Australia’s modern history I see. That happens more often than we care to think about. Maybe we should not obey the "Do Not Feed The Animals" signs.

Xzessperated
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Undies and a roo..no contest..problem was he was Swiss!!!

Douggie

Douggie the safest way to approach a roo in this situation is to take your undies off and tell him your name is Andy

egneg
03-09-2009, 03:47 PM
They should be glad it wasn't a goat!!!

Xzessperated
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
They should be glad it wasn't a goat!!!

LOL. Chuck you always crack me up.
That story is on this mornings news. It sounds like :icon_bs: to me. No one in his right mind would put a headlock on a 2 meter high roo. They can tear your guts out with their claws and they fight each other front on. I have seen RSPCA people get them by the tail and drag them safely away.
The shredded undies story is more :icon_bs: as everyone knows Bonds undies are Holeproof (http://www.holeproof.com.au/Our-Products/Holeproof-Hunks.asp)

Flying Scotsman
03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Douggie the safest way to approach a roo in this situation is to take your undies off and tell him your name is Andy

Know, I undertand why Australians are blessed with the high intellect and fighting ability of marsupials

Douggie

Ub Hauled
03-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Don't look at them straight in the eyes and don't show your teeth!!!!
Oh wait... that's for monkeys...