PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion Charger ?

obrien
03-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I am looking at getting another charger for my lipos this week. I have been looking into the hyperion chargers and was looking for some input as to which one I should get. I don't think I am going to spend the money on the Duo charger, even though it seem like a pretty nice unit.

Steven Vaccaro
03-09-2009, 01:59 PM
As expensive as the Duo is, its a huge advantage of having 2 chargers and balancers in one unit. Especially since most boats these days are running 2 packs at a time.

SweetZ28
03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I have the hyperion EOSInet single version it works great.
What you looking for a AC/DC model or a DC charger?

there are alot of lipo chargers out that are very good...depends what type you are looking for and how you are going to use it..

obrien
03-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I am fine with a DC charger, but ac/dc would be nice. I currently am running flight power batteries, will they plug into the Hyperion unit for balancing without any problems, or will I need some sort of adapter?

tth
03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
You will need adapters, I have a 1210i that I bought here from Steve. I wouldn't trade this for anything. If you look in the swap shop they have one just like it for sale @ $125.00 with balancers. It's in Drobie's estate sale electronics.

Flyguy55
03-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Steve , I bought oneof your gen 1 Duos when you had them on sale.
I'm converting a new Seaducer 33" to FE.
The best set up on lipos was 4 - 2S 4500 pack in 4S2P . I didnt want to have to use 2 Duos to charge. Between the LHS and I we figured out Y connectors for the balance taps so I can Charge as 2 - 4S2P packs. It lines up the balance taps in order. Pretty slick .

obrien
03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
where can I get the adapters?

Flyguy55
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
I had enough left over adaptor cords to make the Y cords. I was more comfortable in having Justin solder them up for me , If you tell me exacly what you need , TP or Hyperion , how many cells per pack , what charger and balancer ect , I'll ask him if he wants to make more , and how much.
The guys at Tanic Lipos do custom cords too , I hear.

Flyguy55
03-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I talked to Justin At Hobbies and Stuff in Albuquerque NM today. He said sure he would make more. With new plugs about $ 15 per adaptor .
contact Justin at 505-293-1217

Duclover
03-14-2009, 12:41 AM
I am looking at getting another charger for my lipos this week. I have been looking into the hyperion chargers and was looking for some input as to which one I should get. I don't think I am going to spend the money on the Duo charger, even though it seem like a pretty nice unit.
I picked up a mildly used ac/dc 0606i that has been a pleasure to have since I bought a new Align balancing charger that 1/2 way blew up after 5 weeks. Personally I wanted the ac capabilities just for the versatility. I must say that I agree with Steven in regards to the duo and being able to charge simultaneously but I'll sacrifice the time to charge for the money at the moment as I'm sinking (bad choice of wording!) cash into other upgrades. I'm running two Losi 5000 mah packs that when brought in to charge take anywhere from 57-63 mins each to charge. Hope this helps at least a little.