PDA

View Full Version : good boat for saltwater?

oct6454
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
hey im looking for a good boat that will hold up to th eslatwater? Also looking for tipps on hwo to keep the boat from carroding from the salt water.

SweetZ28
04-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I would say a simple type of boat without a lot of moving parts... A hammer electric would be a good choice electronics are in a sealed compartment and it has a very simple drive that can be cleaned and lubed very easy.
Steve sells them here i believe.

Steve any info on this ? would this be a good boat for him?

avengersteve
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
anything would be good.. you just have to clean (take boat apart) like the shaft, and any other parts that get wet... spray a lot of wd40 after use... i ran mine in saltwater yesterday and there is no rust yet...

Fluid
04-06-2007, 06:34 PM
You need to flush everything that got wet with fresh water first, then dry and use a water displacement product like WD-40 or even alcohol. You need a polar solvent (water) to get rid of any salt that is left over or it will return to haunt you the next time the boat gets wet. :eek:

SJFE
04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I would love to take one of my boats over to the beach and launch it off some waves. I just can't bring myself to do it. I have seen what it did to my full scale stuff.