PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Massachusetts?... Reply If Interested!

Pages : [1] 2 3

10gauge
03-06-2009, 11:21 PM
I am curious how many FE RC boaters are in Eastern Massachusetts?... Reply if you're from Eastern Massachusetts! It's sad that we don't have any FE RC activity.

Let's work on it this summer, even if it's only a few people. I usually start trying out my setups mid-April. Sunday's are good. Anyone?...

Attendees: edited 4/4/2010
1. 10gauge
2. kpnc
3. greenblast
4. dwsjcw
6. Steven V
7. Dave182
8. ncornacchi
9. blizard05
10. racer66
11. 99z286spd
12. Dana
13. JMSCARD
14. johnl6676
15. speedracer128
16. BOS SVT
17. Shoot to thrill
18. kevinpratt823

knpc
03-23-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm interested. I live about 15 min from boston and haven't been able to find many people around here. maybe we can figure something oun once it warms up a bit.

greenblast
03-23-2009, 09:19 PM
let me know if you plan on getting together. if i can make i would like to run with other fe guys. if i still have a running boat.i know one other electric and a gasser who would prob. be interested

10gauge
03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Great! I also know of one other person. It sounds like we already have 5 guyzos ready to make a splash! Once it warms up we can agree on a place. Keep in touch...

dwsjcw
03-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Count me in also. I am just getting back into boats (have only run nitro or gas)and building a hydro. I will need all the help I can get from some of you guys. Even if we do not run right away, just having the contact to help me through the build would be great. I intend to pick Steve's brain at OSE.
Dave

knpc
05-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Is anyone still interested in trying to get something together? I've had my boats out the last few weekends trying to get them dialed in. It would be nice to run them with some other guys and see how they do.
Kevin

dwsjcw
05-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I am still very interested in trying to get together. I had my boat out for the first time this past weekend since I built it and did not do too well, she tended to dive starting off. My center point is where suggested and I tried to move the battery back as far as possible but no change. I am going to try a lighter battery. It would be great to get other input from people with experience.

Dave182
08-12-2009, 06:39 PM
ok im in as well i'm 40 min from boston and got great lakes up here...lol nh and ma line

10gauge
11-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Guys, I didn't get the chance to get any boats in the water this season - crazy schedule! I am planning on May 2010 for spring thaw!

Attendees: edited 11/18/09
1. 88man
2. kpnc
3. greenblast
4. dwsjcw
6. Steven V
7. Dave182
8. ncornacchi

We have to watch out for those crazy, wild weeds that seem to plaque every pond that I see in MA. It gets worse by June. Let's see for next year...

Steven Vaccaro
11-16-2009, 07:05 AM
If you do something in April or may, I'm probably in. I also have a long email list of people that would like to be notified.

dwsjcw
11-16-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm also in. Really need the help of experienced boaters to get my boat running at its best.
Dave

10gauge
11-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Great Steve and Dave - Game On for May 2010! Hope we have a better summer in N.E...

ncornacchi
11-17-2009, 07:00 AM
I live 30 min south of Boston in Abington. My back yard is on a perfect pond for FE racing. I have been looking for others to race against..I have a dock and peddal boats for retrival. I run my boats all year here until it freezes, then we play hockey....All are welcome, and no one can kick us out.

dwsjcw
11-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Sounds like a great set up. I am 30 min. north of Boston, but the trip would be well worth it to get my boat sorted out.
Dave

ncornacchi
11-18-2009, 07:06 AM
I am usually home on the weekends screwing around with the boats. Anyone interested could give me a heads-up call, email, or just show up. We have neighborhood kids fishing in our backyard when we come home, so to see people back there is common to us and we don't mind, and there's always at least one boat on the dock that is used for retrevals. The basement is just steps away and all setup for FE tuneups and charging stations. It's really an ideal setup for running FE, we setup course bouys and just leave them out there for most of the summer.Great place to maybe get some people together to compare setups... no gassers though......Norm

dwsjcw
11-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Norm, Sounds great - a little late in the season now and with the holidays coming up, but there is always next year.
Thanks,
Dave

greenblast
11-18-2009, 07:18 PM
i would like to get together also. i also live on a pond and run my boats all the time. the big difference is if i see you in my yard i shoot first then bury next. i am hoping to have a couple of boats ready for next year. my brother has one also. so keep me informed. i could run some here.( i only run mine the neighbors dont mind! sorry no gassers) so no more excuses.lets run some boats with others in the hobby.

blizard05
11-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm in Plymouth,jst geting started in FE,count me in. Norm ,are you on Island Grove pond,I used to live on Washington st Larry

ncornacchi
11-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah, we are on island grove pond...Happy Thanksgiving all....plan on some friendly UL1 races today with the family after dinner......

10gauge
11-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Got it blizard05! We have at least 9 people now... Gentlemen, Start your (motors)! See you all in April-May...

knpc
11-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Sounds good. I live in Randolph just south of Boston. Should be nice to have some other boats to race against and talk shop.

What type of boats do you guys have? It would be nice if there were some similar setups.

blizard05
11-28-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm located in Plymouth . I'm just geting started in FE. I have a 1/10 cracker box scratch built, going from gas to FE (too much noise). Building a Dumas skadle 2 for electric power. Larry

ncornacchi
11-29-2009, 07:13 AM
UL-1's over here..But, i'd like to build a rigger this winter or maybe get a nice Cat.

racer66
11-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Just what I was looking for. Looking for a bunch of local guys to meet and run with. I am 40 min. from Boston. Hoping to get a Aquacraft UL-1 this winter and get it ready for the spring.

So, count me in boyz!

blizard05
11-29-2009, 08:07 AM
UL-1's over here..But, i'd like to build a rigger this winter or maybe get a nice Cat.

Zipp Kits has some rigger kits, check them out. Whtch UL 1 do you run? Larry

10gauge
11-29-2009, 03:38 PM
It seems there are a lot South Shore guys... Great, I go to the Cape often and it'll be along the way.

The H&M XsessII hull is really nice rigger with a 1515/1Y Neu or a Feigao 7XL or 8XL motor running 4S and CC240 ESC. You should be able to push 70mph. http://www.hydromarine.de/hm_11351.htm. Contact Oliver Siess. However, the exchange rate may not be great now. The two Aussies, Andym and Xzessperated, are very helpful and are masters on this hull. Here is the thread which helped me:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=6082&highlight=xzess+ii

there is also a video link by them in thread too - absolutely amazing speed! A hydro requires great skill and technique to run correctly. I haven't finished the build as I've been so busy... SprintCat 40 is next since I have a 5in rail mount, 1527/1.5D, and CC240HV lying around.

greenblast
12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
i run a meanmachine with a 9xl on 4s witrh a himodel 2ooa also a 4s oberto hydro i got in the swap shop from mpg. also with a 9xl.only ran a couple of times and i think thats going to be my favorite becuase you are always on the seat of your pants! i also have a villian on a sc 700 that i just cant get to run right so it is always on and off again.i hope to at least have one not smelly when you guys run.

10gauge
12-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Hey Greenblast, I have the same setup on my MM - the 9XL is perfect for 4S. I use a m545 and the speed reaches 50mph. That's about the limit for a Feigao XL motor on the MM. A Neu 1515/1Y can get you an additional 5-10mph. You can push 60mph on this hull, but everything has to be setup perfectly.

I have the UL-1 that's still in the box. I'll have to make the mods to the turn fin over the winter.

Hey guys, don't forget to recharge your LiPos every 3 months to keep them fresh!

Another 4.5 months until we hit the water - YAWN!

ncornacchi
12-09-2009, 05:42 AM
I cooked a newly rebuilt/repainted setup last TDay. Fiegao 540XL, Etti 150 w/caps, JW wire drive, Grim L40 57/3...I stupidly did not seal the shaft tube to wire drive exit at motor and took in water, fried controller...and smoke on the water....

99z286spd
01-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi guys
New here.... would love to run with ya....I have an AQ UL1 and a Warehouse hobbies Enforcer MAN O WAR....I would love some company this year..I live in Southborough Ma so anyone game....let me know:tongue_smilie:

blizard05
02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
HORAY !!! The water is geting soft ,time to get the boats ready

blizard05
03-29-2010, 07:30 PM
LET the fun begin! Are you ready?? Sat ? Sunday ? after Easter ?? Where??? Larry

knpc
03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm almost ready. I've been working on the boats the last couple weeks to get them setup. I'm waiting on a couple parts for two of them, the other one it ready to go.

I hope we can set something set up this season. There was talk of getting together last year, but nothing ever came of it. It would be fun to have a few other boats to run with and talk shop.

ncornacchi
03-30-2010, 06:00 AM
We have been testing the last few days over here in Abington...As I said last year, all are welcome..my back yard is a pond with dock and peddle boat for rescue, so no one can bother us....I'm thinking, lets get past Easter and make a date....I'll set up a course with bouys..... Steve V,,,thanks for taking the time to show my neighbor your boats and what's for sale at your shop!.........Norm

10gauge
04-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Just because I've been in winter hibernation, doesn't mean I forgot about you guys. I usually start the season after 3rd weekend in April. Let's hope that the weeds don't get the better of the ponds, as they've plagued Massachusetts ponds for the last few years. I've updated the list today on the first thread. There are 11 names. Let's enjoy the new season!

Gentlemen, charge your LiPos.....

:thumbup1:

blizard05
04-04-2010, 01:02 PM
HI Norm, looks like you made out OK with all the rain. Whitch side of the pond are you on, Washington st or rt 58 ? Can you PM your addres? I would like to stop by next Sun . Larry

ncornacchi
04-05-2010, 05:52 AM
29 Granite Street....I will be around.

blizard05
04-05-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't have anything fast,but will bring some boats to run. 1/10 Cbox , a fast lobster boat, my ORCA,and SS MINNOW

ncornacchi
04-06-2010, 05:52 AM
I don't have anything fast,but will bring some boats to run. 1/10 Cbox , a fast lobster boat, my ORCA,and SS MINNOW

Would love to see them...We raced a couple of UL-1's on Easter and unfortunately, one of them stalled on the corner and the other one ran it over. Cut it up pretty good, but fixable....Diesel, I think we are in a parrallel universe, your fixes on your UL looked good!

blizard05
04-06-2010, 07:08 AM
How is the pond doing? I was living in Abington when they cleaned it years ago. WOW that was over 50 yrs ago Larry

blizard05
04-11-2010, 03:07 PM
29 Granite Street....I will be around.

I found Norm, today and I must say he has an ideal location for boating. Norm i fixed the backwards radio, took it apart and turned the pot 180 dg. THAT WAS EASY!!! Thanks for taking time out of your day. Larry

ncornacchi
04-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Easy fix Larry....Glad you had some fun...Loved your fleet! We should get all the guys together and have our first annual Eastern Massachusetts RC-Palooza!

blizard05
04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Easy fix Larry....Glad you had some fun...Loved your fleet! We should get all the guys together and have our first annual Eastern Massachusetts RC-Palooza!

I'l drink to that. Where did I leave my tea? ( Long island tea ) Can't wait til the great E MA flotsaboatsa. I did get to run the Dumas SK2 for the fifst time, ran well with the SV27 power,waiting for a custom prop from (dasboata) Larry

blizard05
04-24-2010, 06:40 PM
My new prop came today(octura x645) from dasboata,he does GREAT prop work. What are the rest of you from MA doing? Where are you? Larry

knpc
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Anyone running boats this weekend? Its going to be a nice weekend for it.

blizard05
04-30-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm free on Sunday. Where and what time?? Larry

ncornacchi
05-01-2010, 06:09 AM
I'm open for Sunday around here if you're interested....back yard to open to all FE interested....Norm

blizard05
05-01-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm open for Sunday around here if you're interested....back yard to open to all FE interested....Norm

Thanks, Norm your back yard is perfect for boating. Larry

knpc
05-01-2010, 11:38 AM

That works for me, let us know what time.

dana
05-01-2010, 12:56 PM
im in framingham area. add me

ncornacchi
05-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Anytime after noon....you could just say 2-3pm and we can all meet at the same time....water looks very calm today...alot of times, I will work around yard, then just drop the rake, make some boat runs, have a ball, then go back to the rake...even if I had to run out to do an errand, you still can use the yard and peddle boats,,,we have neighborhood kids that fish and enjoy our yard, boats and surroundings, so we always see people back there having fun,it's not odd to just come home and seeing kids or people out back, when we first bought the house a couple of years ago, it felt weird, people asking if they could fish out back, but then we realized that it's more fun to see people having fun out back, evryone respects the place....we figured, why have an awesome setup if you can't enjoy it and share it with others.....Blizzard (larry) came by once and knows the setup of the dock, ramp and various boats for rescue......, so make yourself comfortable and enjoy the pond!.....Norm 617-592-7638

blizard05
05-02-2010, 07:33 AM
It's a shame that more property owners arn't like Norm,what a great outlook he has. A BIG THANKS Larry

knpc
05-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Nice to meet you guys today Norm and Larry. Norm's place is ideal for running boats. We ran a bunch of boats, nobody broke anything , and had a good time.:thumbup1:

Hope to do it again soon

Kevin

ncornacchi
05-03-2010, 06:36 AM
"Build it, and they will come"........Glad you guys enjoyed....now, if we could get some more people with thier boats, it would be non-stop running while others are charging...

JMSCARD
05-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I am in montpelier Vermont.... I am very interested in making the trek to run with you guys.... I literally have NEVER run with any other boats:( I going to mapquest the trip, let me know when you guys are all getting together....

ncornacchi
05-04-2010, 07:14 AM
VT..? Boy, we are expanding to well beyond eastern mass, huh? As I said, there is nothing more fun than to compare boats, run together and have fun....I know what you mean, sometimes when you are running by yourself, and its' tuned up nice, and there is no one to share the excitement with, it can get a little hollow...I make my wife watch me from the deck, and when I'm done, I get all excited and say, what do you think of that run? she says, oh that was nice,,,,she can't appreciate the time or effort to get where you got, but I don't expect her too.....As I told knpc, Kevin, bring your wife, kids, let them hang out......Sat or Sun is good anytime, I'll let you guys make the time/date arrangements that fit everyone best....the more the better because you can have boats running all the time while others are charging and tuning..

blizard05
05-04-2010, 07:30 AM
OOK, soo, Norm, who was the nice lady that kept telling you to " PUT THE BOAT DOWN" and grab the rake?? Next time I come I'l bring a sail boat for you to try for a few days. Larry

ncornacchi
05-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Yahh, that was the yard work warden....she puts up with all my hobbies, so I pay attention to the honey-do-list....

blizard05
05-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Tell me about it! When I got home Sunday "the list"was witing for me,along with a fer choice words. (yes dear) I'l take care of it Larry

ncornacchi
05-05-2010, 05:49 AM
Somehow, the list always gets "lost" , or falls under the fridge....but she's no dummy, she pulls out a carbon copy....talk about a back-up plan!

blizard05
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Somehow, the list always gets "lost" , or falls under the fridge....but she's no dummy, she pulls out a carbon copy....talk about a back-up plan!

They make 3 copy's at a time

blizard05
05-06-2010, 06:45 AM
I am curious how many FE RC boaters are in Eastern Massachusetts?... Reply if you're from Eastern Massachusetts! It's sad that we don't have any FE RC activity.

Let's work on it this summer, even if it's only a few people. I usually start trying out my setups mid-April. Sunday's are good. Anyone?...

1. 88man
2. kpnc
3. greenblast
4. dwsjcw
6. Steven V
7. Dave182
8. ncornacchi
9. blizard05
10. racer66
11. 99z286spd
12. Dana
13. JMSCARD

Soo far 3 out of 13 have gotten together,where are the other 10??? (Norm,Kevin,Larry)

dana
05-06-2010, 11:02 PM
well the weekends are tough for me because i spend it with my son, who is 8. plus i dont think i can hang with you guys... im still running nimh cells...you guys would crush me lol. but i would love to try and hook up. just keep us posted whenever you are getting together. im bound to make at least a couple =) Warmest regards, Dana

blizard05
05-07-2010, 06:05 AM
well the weekends are tough for me because i spend it with my son, who is 8. plus i dont think i can hang with you guys... im still running nimh cells...you guys would crush me lol. but i would love to try and hook up. just keep us posted whenever you are getting together. im bound to make at least a couple =) Warmest regards, Dana

I also run nimh,we don't race, just try to have fun. Larry

knpc
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Norm - If you don't mind I'd like to stop by Sat morning. I got the 33'' white mono done, the one that you saw last weekend. Time for its first test run :banana:

Let me know if thats okay

Kevin

greenblast
05-08-2010, 12:02 AM
i wish i could get over that way . my sons play baseball on saturday and sunday respectivly. i would love to talk to a boat person!

ncornacchi
05-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Kev, you can come by anytime Sat or Sun...T-Storms passing by now, but suppose to clear up...I've got brunch Sat morn and hockey Sun aft, but you don't need me there to trial your boats....sometimes I'll be there, but doing other stuff...think of this place as somewhere to guys can go, and nobody will bother you, and the owner has a boat or two also!......the neighbors and kids fishing on the bridge actually get a kick out of it when we run (like they caught a minature offshore racing event)....one neighbors already thinking of a mean machine....life jackets and paddles are in the shed....

99z286spd
05-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi is anyone running next weekend?(15th-16th) I have a new friend "Dana" and I that want to run with you guys at "Norms house" I am from Southborough ma and Dana is in Ashland...
Let me know:bowdown:

blizard05
05-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Norm,I'l try to drop off a rag hauler for you to play around with, some time this wk. Larry

knpc
05-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Norm - Thanks for letting me use your place today. Unfortunately it was too windy to get it dialed in, there was no way I could get it up to top speed in that chop. It was good to get it in the water for a few laps and make sure everything was functioning properly though.

Hopefully next weekend is a bit calmer and we can get some good runs in. I'll talk to you later in the week and we can set up a time, if we can get a few other guys there it would be even better.

Kevin

ncornacchi
05-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Yeah, sorry I missed you Kevin...the wind was brutal all weekend, I wanted to try the X647 on the blue UL-1....after seeing your orange 6S setup running so nice, I thought it would be fun to pit the 4S UL1 against your 6S on saw.....Funny thing, I got 57mph on a M445 and lost a ton of speed when I stepped up to the M447...let's keep an eye on the weather this week and pick a weekend day....It's like the old saying when we run the big boat in offshore sport fishing: "you can't pick the day, the day picks you"...

99z286spd
05-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I would like to make the trek to join u guys. I am available for sat am and afternoon but please someone name a day so I can clear it with work. Looking forward to meeting u guys.

knpc
05-10-2010, 09:12 PM
It's difficult to pick a day a week out not knowing what the weather will be. But if saturday is a nice day that would certainly work for me. We'll have to make sure its good with Norm, its his house after all.

ncornacchi
05-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Saturday is fine....I'll probablly even be around this time.....make a time that you guys would like to meet

99z286spd
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
9-10 AM meet time? Its supposed to be like 65-70 deg ....

knpc
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
9-10 AM meet time? Its supposed to be like 65-70 deg ....

sounds like a plan, I'll be there

99z286spd
05-11-2010, 07:07 PM
U know what would be cool....if Norm, who I haven't met yet, wanted to have a mini BBQ or something along with some FE racing! We could each bring a couple items along that go with a mini cookout hey... I think Norm would probly have a grill too right....? BTW Norm, if any one says they saw a Tow truck pull up to your house and a guy got out and walked into your backyard......that guy was me today :). What an awesome pad u have! I happened to be in the area because I dropped off a car at Sullivan tire down the street and thought I would check the place out.. Hope you don't mind........
Leon

dana
05-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Damn... I needs get Rollin again. I'm missin out on all the fun

ncornacchi
05-12-2010, 05:43 AM
My wife did see a Ted's Towing truck and some guy looking around out back...she said it was probabbly one of your boat buddies, she was right...BBQ was one of our ideas for this summer, fireworks after (I've been told that I out-do the towns fireworks) just wanted to get more guys comfortable first in comming down and feeling welcome, then one day, we'll have the wives, kids, and let the bash begin! soo, 9-10 Sat?

99z286spd
05-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi norm,
It certainly did feel a bit strange to just go into your backyard....but I felt as though the invitation was there from previous posts on here.. Anyways, I can't wait to run with you guys.
I will be leaving my house at 800 am or so...and should be there by 930-945 am.
See you then.
Leon:thumbup:

blizard05
05-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Any one going to Norms, this wk end, Sunday ??

ncornacchi
05-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I may not be around much this weekend...have to get the boat ready...It's cod/haddock season......

blizard05
05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
I may not be around much this weekend...have to get the boat ready...It's cod/haddock season......

Don't forget the striped bass,there in Buzzards bay Larry

blizard05
05-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Don't forget the striped bass,there in Buzzards bay Larry
They are in the ditch heading up the bay. Lets go fishing!!!!

knpc
05-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Anyone running boats this weekend ?

ncornacchi
05-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Anyone running boats this weekend ?

Hi Kev, I'll be in and out all weekend,...taking guys fishing Sat, Hockey Sun, who knows what Mon,,,,,,but you are welcome to use the place anytime you want,,Norm

blizard05
06-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi Kev, I'll be in and out all weekend,...taking guys fishing Sat, Hockey Sun, who knows what Mon,,,,,,but you are welcome to use the place anytime you want,,Norm
Hey, Norm! How's the pond doing with all this HOT wsather? Summer is almost over, the 4th is rite around the corner. Larry
:doh:

blizard05
07-01-2010, 06:40 AM

1. 88man
2. kpnc
3. greenblast
4. dwsjcw
6. Steven V
7. Dave182
8. ncornacchi
9. blizard05
10. racer66
11. 99z286spd
12. Dana
13. JMSCARD

Where are you, did you move out of state?

ncornacchi
07-02-2010, 07:07 AM
I've been around, but been super busy...getting ready for cookout/fireworks at the house, then it's off to the annual Monster Shark Tournament down the Vineyard...the yard does not go away though, It's open to all, sometimes I just can't join in on the fun!

blizard05
07-15-2010, 08:19 AM
planing to get up to Abington on Sunday Larry

99z286spd
07-17-2010, 10:51 PM
I'll be there Larry. Maybe Kevin will be too. I think it was supposed to be around 10 am???

dana
07-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I was hoping to make it but I have a broken motor mount on my ul1. =(. Maybe I'll show up anyways

ncornacchi
07-18-2010, 07:39 AM
10:00 sounds good........Kevin will be here...Joe just finished his mean machine and will be around....I want to try my new batts......Dana, I didn't get your message until late last night, but I'm sure we can scare up a motor mount for you and put her back together, so bring the Ul-1.....Leon, what did you end up for a boat?, I'll see when you get here........Norm

blizard05
07-18-2010, 08:35 AM
I won't be there,my bro invited me to go out fishing. Fishing 1 Boating 2 Everything else 3 Larry

99z286spd
07-18-2010, 03:50 PM
What a freakin blast today guys.....!! Too bad about Joe's MM....that really sucked.
Hey kev and Dana.....u guys missed an awesome run on the tunnel.....water was glass and she was flyin'.....Bow up..prop down.....waa hooo..
Till next time
Leon

dana
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
yeah it was a good time man... and joe's mean machine on 8s WHOA!!! ridiculous!!!! its a shame it happened and he got discouraged... but man, i've never seen anything go that fast haha. 65,000 rpm is SICK!! the tunnel hull was looking better than i expected, nice stable boat you got there leon, whats her name? thanks norman for the motor mount and the welcome to use your great location and beautiful basement/shop. excellent!

ncornacchi
07-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I had a blast guys...We gotta video tape our sessions for the other Eastern Mass guys to see what they are missing...At one time, we had four boats running flat out...We need to setup a course for next time, it was like driving in a parking lot with your eyes closed and everyone comming from different directions....really feel bad about Joes MM...we have all been there...I was wondering why that thing was running like nothing I've ever seen, holy crap!

ncornacchi
07-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Dana, make sure you bench test the AQ motor and ESC before you install it..Kintec also makes an awesome water jacket,,,and try that water pressure test first that I showed you..Leon, that AM Tunnel Hull rocks, just don't throw bricks at it to make ripples behind the boat for boat retrievel !

ncornacchi
07-19-2010, 06:11 AM
We should all keep our eyes open for a used controller for Joe...Hate to see him bow out, he was just starting to learn and ask all the right questions..kinda makes me wonder about a CC240HV on 8S,,,,once I saw that thing launching out of the water like an ICBM missle, it got my juices flowing........Next time, we setup a BBQ with the wives and kids, maybe we could get Steve V down with his kids and wife too, after all, he is the father of FE, eastern mass !

knpc
07-19-2010, 02:51 PM
It was a fun day of running and aside from Joe everyone's boats ran great, and even his ran great for the 15 sec. it was out there. I hope Joe stays with it, that will be a great boat once he gets it fixed. When his esc. went it took my packs with it, they started to get bigger as the day went on so I had to dispose of them before something bad happened :flammes-09:.

Lets set something up in a couple weeks

Kevin

dana
07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
sorry to hear about your packs kevin, that stinks, but nice of you to sacrifice them. norm, as it turns out the water jacket was completely effed, i got it off and the o rings were shredded and the collars that hold them on were stripped, so ill purchase an ose jacket. the motor looks to be in good shape tho, so score on that. not sure if i wanna keep the speed control tho, i realized it IS the older version that were giving people problems... but how much for just the motor? also thank you much for the motor mount, you sure i cant buy you another one? i would hate to see you need one and not have it =) im def down if you wanna do a cookout man, i think it'd be a blast! you're place is comfortable and ive only been there twice! you're a very welcoming guy norm.... leon didnt throw any bricks yesterday did he? haha!!! poor joe. someone has an etti 150 on here for 80 bucks if joe wants

ncornacchi
07-19-2010, 06:22 PM
dana, yeah, we figured it would leak, thats why I tagged it, listen to the grim, the new jackets are simple......I dunno, 50 bucks?....stack some caps ($5) onto the controller (blurry pic) and they hold up just fine.....

ncornacchi
07-19-2010, 06:24 PM
forgot the pic

dana
07-19-2010, 06:28 PM
ahh ok norm, what kinda caps? any discount if i take the speed control too since i gotta get a new jacket? $65?

ncornacchi
07-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Kevin, I have 2 brand new hyperion 3S 5000 packs you can have, I was going to fit them into the ul1, but I wont get to it till the winter, so you can take them next time you're down....they're not 4S but we can all see what 8S can do now, I want to!...I think Joe needs to get a 240HV controller, and run at least 6S anyways to push that sled.............

ncornacchi
07-19-2010, 06:35 PM
nahh, $50 is fine for the motor mount, motor and esc.....search these threads, very informative on the caps, Rubicon caps, I think ose sells them now...just stack, glue and solder across posi, negi...two works best

dana
07-19-2010, 06:41 PM
really? thats great norm!! thanks so much!! im a poor FE guy lol, but this is excellent! i'll bring some food for the grill next time if you like =) i should be able to paypal that to you tomorrow.

99z286spd
07-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey guys...I thought you guys might like this. It's my gasser that I can't really run at Norms house. She's 52 inches of fun. Me and the wife played hookey from work and went out on our big boat today at lake quinsigamond in worcester ma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEiXxXir16s&feature=youtube_gdata

blizard05
07-26-2010, 07:57 AM
HEY!! When's the next outing?? Got to get some run time in,and lets get some pics next time. Larry:beerchug: Where is every one, did the pond dry up??

blizard05
09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
hey!! When's the next outing?? Got to get some run time in,and lets get some pics next time. Larry:beerchug: Where is every one, did the pond dry up??

hello hello

Steven Vaccaro
09-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Any of you guys interested in organized racing in 2011?

knpc
09-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Steven - I would definately be interested in organized racing.

Larry - I think we are going to try to set something up for a few weeks from now. Norm is off fishing for the next couple weekends I believe. I've been over there as many weekends as possible this summer.

Kevin

Steven Vaccaro
09-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Steven - I would definately be interested in organized racing.

Larry - I think we are going to try to set something up for a few weeks from now. Norm is off fishing for the next couple weekends I believe. I've been over there as many weekends as possible this summer.

Kevin

Weekends are tough for me now because of kids football. But I was thinking spring/summer 2011. We should figure some classes. Also, If enough of use get together(3 people/boats) for any one class the local nitro guys will let us run with them during their weekend races.

blizard05
09-16-2010, 06:49 AM
don't know if there is a class for me, I have a sv27 powered, dumas sk2 Larry :sinking-guy:

Doby
09-16-2010, 07:03 AM
If you were to do a 2-3 day race, there are several of us in the Great White North that might find the trip worthwhile.

blizard05
09-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Takng some of my gas boats to RI on Sunday the 19th Larry

ncornacchi
09-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Steve, We would love to organize some races for next year....On a good day, we have myself, Kevin, Larry, Dana and Leon down to our house here....It is the perfect FE setup pond with no one to bother us...We've often talked about getting a big cookout going and especially inviting you down with your kids to have some fun, we are not far from you and we'd like to set up some peramanent bouy courses............Larry, I have been very busy lately with the offshore tuna runs and the recent passing of my mom, But Kevin knows the routine, just show up whenever you want and have some fun........norm

blizard05
09-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I do like tuna,will hook up with you soon Larry:banana:

ncornacchi
09-26-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks Larry....been a tough year....look forward to seeing you and the guys again soon

blizard05
09-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Just bought a mean machine with hardware, going to power it with sv27 motor and esc. Hang in there! Larry:rockon2:

dana
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
where'd you get the mean machine? sounds cool, i almost did the same thing. instead i just got an sv27 all ready to go without motor/esc/radio. i threw in a ul-1 motor and esc i got from norm over the summer, and a tactic and ripped. thing is fast as *!***!***!***!**! the mean machine outta do well with that motor. i put a x440/2 on the sv. works real well and keeps temps cool. what kinda prop you gonna use?

dana
09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks Larry....been a tough year....look forward to seeing you and the guys again soon

norm, sorry to hear bout your loss bud.... hope youre doing ok man, love to make a trip down before it gets too cold! peace man , Dana

blizard05
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I got the boat fom ripfence in ME, don't know what prop yet. 642-645? I have some plastic props to try Larry:beerchug:

dana
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
oh yeah i almost bought that boat. came with hardware and some light damage from lipo fire right? i will be interested to see what i passed up lol i dunno i tend to use props with a little less pitch due to the high rpm and lower torque of the ul-1 motor. i would say 642 if you were using a proboat 1500kv, but thats just me. try a 642 first i would say, then monitor temps. that prop should heat things up quick. i was gonna use the x440.

blizard05
09-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Using a X645 on my dumas sk2, runs good, it's on the edge for that hull. No heat problems. Larry

blizard05
09-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Ben running the skdadle all Sumer,without water cooling. Just found that the rudder water nipple wasn't driled all the way through. NO heat problems. Good thing it's an oppen boat. Larry

knpc
10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm going over to Norm's this weekend, probably saturday, to run boat with him. If any of you guys can come that would be great, not sure what time yet.

Kevin

dana
10-01-2010, 07:45 PM
hey kev, lemme know what time. i might be able to make it. cat ate a brick underwater so that is scrap. got sv27 with ul-1 motor now. still want to check out that insane hydro

knpc
10-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't have anything going on tomorrow during the day, so if there is a time that works better for you let me know. I think Norm is around all day also.

ncornacchi
10-02-2010, 08:46 AM
hey Guys...the pond sucks today...white caps and not friendly...i wouldn't waste the trip Saturday, it may lay down for Sunday, I'll let you know...

knpc
10-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Norm, your car is fixed and I'll drop it off this weekend.
Here are a couple pictures of my work area and cars/trucks.

Kevin

dana
10-14-2010, 08:21 PM

Kevin

nice pics kev. good work area there too.... how far along is the baby now? must be a few months by now....

knpc
10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Dana
Ya it's getting close, her due date is the end of December. The baby shower is actually this weekend.... it's starting to get REAL. My wife is doing well and the baby is healthy.

hope we can get together again before the cold stuff rolls in.

Kevin

dana
10-14-2010, 08:47 PM
i know man. i'm still running during the warmer days lol good to hear all is well... Having kids is the BEST! lotta work but its fun =)

blizard05
10-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Was running my sk boat this wk end,when the motor went belly up. Have to find another sv27 motor. Hope to get up to Norms soon. Larry :help::sinking-guy:

ncornacchi
10-16-2010, 07:54 AM

Kevin

Holy Crap Kevin ! Looks like you are running a hobby shop out of your garage!

Steven Vaccaro
10-16-2010, 08:37 AM
You guys running tomorrow?

knpc
10-16-2010, 02:42 PM
You guys running tomorrow?

I hope to. I was at Norm's today but it was way to windy to run boats. If tomorrow it calmer we will be out there. Norm will also be around tomorrow afternoon.

Kevin

Steven Vaccaro
10-16-2010, 02:45 PM
I have a kids game in the afternoon. Nexttime.

blizard05
10-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Any one going to Abington on next Sat ? The mean machine is coming along, doing a lot of work to it Larry

knpc
10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
I have baby class saturday 8 to 2, but I was hoping to run sat afternoon or sometime sunday.

Kevin

blizard05
10-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Sat. or Sun. is OK with me. Norm?? :rockon2::banana:

blizard05
10-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Anything going on Sunday??:banana::banana::rockon2::rockon2:

MOSQUITO6717
10-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I lived in woburn, Really want to join if organize to race in 2011

ncornacchi
10-26-2010, 04:55 AM
We had some great runs this Sunday! Joes mean machine is finally on track, Larry brought out his MM and his trusty lobster boat....I flipped my UL-1 and lost the hatch while trying to keep up with kevin....But Kevins' Insane Hydro stole the show and currently "owns the pond" at an impressive 68mph!! that thing just never seems to stop amazing us....he needs to tweek it to 70mph!!!

MOSQUITO6717
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Where did you guys go played ? Can i get the direction to get there?

knpc
10-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Myself and a few other guys have been running our boats in Abington at a forum members house, he lives right on a great pond. We'll probably be running a couple more times this year. Next season we hope to do some more organized meets and set up a proper course.

What boats do you have or plan on having for next year?

Kevin

dana
10-26-2010, 07:42 PM
hey guys lemme know whats good will ya! i had no idea you guys were running.... you got my numba. hows that MM with the ul-1 power plant? ch33rs!

knpc
10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Dana - I'm hoping to run again this Sunday if the weather is good. I'd like to see your SV do some laps. I had one a while back, that's what got me started in this hobby. I still have two bare SV hulls if you ever need a backup.

dana
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
hey kev. i would love to come down. unfortunately i have to help LEON move on sunday and monday:thumbsdown: i hate moving.... but he is giving me an fe boat as payment for the help. i have my choice between the challenger and the predator tunnel hull:thumbup1:. wish i could be there tho. the sv is fun. goes pretty good with the ul-1 motor in it. maybe next weekend tho. ill keep in mind you have a couple of hulls kickin around...:rockon2:

MOSQUITO6717
10-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I do have supervee, miss vegas FE, Sprint cat 41" FE, Rigger predator,R2 cat , Deep vee 25 , And another 2 deep vee gas boat.

dana
10-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm curious about the r2 cat. How is it? I run in Framingham if ya wanna rip

knpc
10-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I do have supervee, miss vegas FE, Sprint cat 41" FE, Rigger predator,R2 cat , Deep vee 25 , And another 2 deep vee gas boat.

Nice collection of boats, come down and run with us sometime.

MOSQUITO6717
10-26-2010, 11:16 PM
R2 hobbiess catamaran with 2000kv leopard , swordfish 120a on 4S . Ran pretty nice.

MOSQUITO6717
10-26-2010, 11:17 PM
They do have a gas boat club at Wakefield < I did join them almost every time .

blizard05
10-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Going to bring a gaser to Norms next time,no louder than the bikes running up and down the road. Larry

knpc
10-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Larry, I'd like to see the gaser but you would have to check with Norm about the noise. We have a great thing going there and wouldn't want to piss off the neighbors. That's one of the great things about FE, no one can complain.

blizard05
10-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Larry, I'd like to see the gaser but you would have to check with Norm about the noise. We have a great thing going there and wouldn't want to piss off the neighbors. That's one of the great things about FE, no one can complain.

We spoke about it Sunday, would only be for1 short run. Thats why I am switching to FE. Going to sell most of my gas boats,4-5 of them. If after starting,it's too loud, I'l put it back in the truck Larry

ncornacchi
10-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Larry, we did speak about it Sunday, and i said that we can not run it on the pond....Our neighbors are very nice and like to see the FE boats run, but why ruin it for everyone?

blizard05
10-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Sorry Norm, I took it the wrong way . Too many ponds have ben lost due to the noise of the gas boats,the gas boat wil stay home. I am your guest. and don't want to spoil it for others. I wil bring a sail boat insted. I thank you for your hospitality NO stink pots,( LONG LIVE F E) Larry !:doh:

blizard05
11-27-2010, 05:55 PM
It was great geting together last Summer. "Thank you Norm" ::banana::banana: Larry

ncornacchi
11-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Yeah, we had some good fun this year...We really should have video'd some of our meets to share on board here.........Let's see.......We saw some really good runs by Danas' UL1 and Leons' outboard tunnel , I think that we had a run-over one day with those two.... wish I could have seen Danas' new boat with that unbeleviable paint job that he did....

We saw me hitting 58 with the blue UL, and constantly flipping and doing camakazi dives....Let's not forget Joes mean machine 8S fire! That was almost the straw that broke the camels back, but he's on track now and running still every day that's good out here,,,,

How about Kevin comming by at any oportunity to keep tweaking his Insane Hydro and almost touching 70, he knows how to build a boat...I can especially appreciate the boats you've built to amazing scale and authenticity, not FE, but it's not all about FE when you see a perfect Novi hull cut a wake.....not that I didn't pull out the peddleboat, some days are still nice and not windy and the open invite to use the backyard for test or fun is always there, year-round even if you like to skate and slap a puck around,,, I see Joe out there twice a week and probablly until we get ice! Winter plans are upon us now, anybody got any builds in mind? I had one, but chickened out for the moment knowing the holiday wallet sucker times are upon us......norm

blizard05
11-28-2010, 08:50 AM
A friend is going to give my black M M a flame paint job , going to build a wood 32in wild thing,don't know what else. As long as I have wood and glue "I can't stop building". Larry

knpc
11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
I guess its over for this season. I had been holding out hope to get out there another time or two, but every time I have a free day the winds are blowing 10-15 mph. Unfortunately its time to discharge the lipos to their storage voltage and put everything away.

It was a great summer running boats at Norm's, thank you for your hospitality. Next year should be even better, maybe some more people and some races.

I hope to build another boat this winter, not sure what yet. Keep us updated on any winter builds. See you in a few months

Kevin

ncornacchi
11-29-2010, 06:03 AM
I was in touch with Hans and was going to order the HPR115, but chickened out (for now, I still might)....realizing that a 44" hull needs alot of power and money....But a nice cat like that is just the ticket on windy days...It kills me to have a day off around the house and not seeing glass water and only owning hydros.

blizard05
11-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Norm, maby get a 36-42 in sprint cat, or a supper charged lobster boat . If my wild thing turns out ok, I could build one for you. Larry

ncornacchi
11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Norm, maby get a 36-42 in sprint cat, or a supper charged lobster boat . If my wild thing turns out ok, I could build one for you. Larry

Nahh, Most of the fun is building it...my buddy has a miss circus circus already built with a gasser in it and wants to give it to me, just looking for a nice cat....Kevin, don't discharge just yet, plenty of good days left, it was choppy 10 minutes ago, now it is flat glass

knpc
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
I'll hold off on putting everything away. I don't think I have anything going on this coming weekend, maybe the weather will cooperate. Norm, I may give you a call sat or sun to see how the pond is.

dana
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
hey Kev, i ran today haha, its not ice YET.... hey norm, have you tried putting an air dam on your ul-1?

ncornacchi
11-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Yeah Kev, you guys can call me anytime to check conditions or just to say I'm stopping by.. 617-592-7638.........Dana, that was my next move, just stick the corner gaurd on, I was looking at having a servo drive the air dam flap down under, but thats a bit of work....I am working on a new UL1 hull with 6S, 1515Y, CC240HV The blue one took so many hits and dives that it is more clear tape than paint now.....The orange one really moves, but shuts down quick, I suspect the ubec.

dana
11-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah Kev, you guys can call me anytime to check conditions or just to say I'm stopping by.. 617-592-7638.........Dana, that was my next move, just stick the corner gaurd on, I was looking at having a servo drive the air dam flap down under, but thats a bit of work....I am working on a new UL1 hull with 6S, 1515Y, CC240HV The blue one took so many hits and dives that it is more clear tape than paint now.....The orange one really moves, but shuts down quick, I suspect the ubec. i've heard about the corner gaurd, but then someone suggested using wiper blade rubber.... so i cut up an old one and used double sided sticky tape to hold it on there for testing. if it works i may make it more permanant. ill let you know what i find next time i can get a run in. maybe tommorrow:buttrock:

ncornacchi
12-02-2010, 05:46 AM
i've heard about the corner gaurd, but then someone suggested using wiper blade rubber.... so i cut up an old one and used double sided sticky tape to hold it on there for testing. if it works i may make it more permanant. ill let you know what i find next time i can get a run in. maybe tommorrow:buttrock:

I like that Idea!

dana
12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
hey norm, the wiper blades work very well, it takes a little more to get on a plane but does seem to work well. i ran in some good chop today and didnt flip it over so im sticking with it. i actually used double sided tape and they are stuck really well. i put two blades on it, one right behind the other. im actually thinking about cutting the part of the rubber blade that feeds into the housing to make it a little shorter and just using one rubber instead of two. hell its only there to disrupt air flow. the corner gaurd seems to hard and may act like more of a plow to me but apparenty it works for some guys, i just prefer the rubber blade. i def recommend trying it out. ch33rs

blizard05
12-15-2010, 09:00 AM
A verry MERRY CHRISTMAS to the Abington gang:banana::banana:

ncornacchi
12-16-2010, 05:43 AM
A verry MERRY CHRISTMAS to the Abington gang:banana::banana:

Thanks Larry! Merry Christmas to all in our little im-prompto club...Look forward to next year already...Finally got money wired to Hanspeter last night...What a pain in the ass to exchange from US dollar to CHF frank, but will be worth it...

ncornacchi
12-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Hey Kevin, How's the wife doing? Baby must be ready to enter this crazy world any day now.....Keep us posted!!

knpc
12-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey Kevin, How's the wife doing? Baby must be ready to enter this crazy world any day now.....Keep us posted!!

My wife is doing well and everything is looking good with the baby. The due date is only a week and a half away. We have another appointment friday and should know more then. I'll keep you updated.

Congrats on the boat Norm. Can't wait to see it.

ncornacchi
12-17-2010, 05:30 AM
Gonna have a Christmas / New Year baby...you must be freaking out inside, I know you're cool on the outside...Joe got some runs in before the ice with the m442 and it was a solid 55....I'm excited about the hpr, just have to keep lurking in the posts, luckily there's a guy posting a build, but with the 06.....I have no idea about the motors or esc's...got all winter...keep us posted!!

knpc
01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know my wife and I had our first baby the other day. Her name is Caileigh, she was born on 1-4-11 at 4:48pm and weighed 9 lb 12 oz. 20 1/2'' long. Everyone is doing well and we will be coming home Saturday. :smile:

knpc
01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Picture

dana
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Picture

congrats Kevin on the most rewarding gift in life

ncornacchi
01-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Congratulations Kevin!! Beautiful little girl! You look tired.....Don't trade in your boats for diaper money.....

99z286spd
01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know my wife and I had our first baby the other day. Her name is Caileigh, she was born on 1-4-11 at 4:48pm and weighed 9 lb 12 oz. 20 1/2'' long. Everyone is doing well and we will be coming home Saturday. :smile:

That is so awesome Kevin!!!! My oldest daughters bday is 1/4/08 !!!! Pretty Kool!!!

blizard05
01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Congrats, Kevin Now you can get that BIG cat you always wanted. Just tell the wife it's a new crib for the baby. PS make shure it's PINK :banana::banana: Larry

99z286spd
01-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Hey....!! Thats pretty neat! I opened the forum today and it said happy bday accross the screen!!!...Hmmmm How does it know ? lol J/K Thanks Steve!:bounce::beerchug:

Steven Vaccaro
01-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Kevin thats great news. Hope everyones doing well.

99z286spd
01-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Today's a great day here in Ma if anyone wants to go "Snow Boating"!!! Lol

blizard05
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
WE will be boating next Sunday at Norms, don't forget to bring an ICE PICK

ncornacchi
01-24-2011, 04:46 AM
Got two hockey rinks set up out there.....must make the best of a cold situation around here

blizard05
03-08-2011, 07:43 PM
OK, guys,charge your batterys:rockon2::rockon2:

ncornacchi
03-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Hey Guys, I wanted to let you know that the pond has thawed! The peddle boat is in and I am trying to set up some permanent courses using pool noodles and window sash weights for the season...does anyone have any old sash weights kicking around to donate?

blizard05
03-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Norm, if you can't find window weights, plastic jugs with sand work good Larry:beerchug:

knpc
03-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Norm, I have a bunch of window wieghts that I save from an old house I worked on for this very purpose. I'll bring them over some weekend soon. It will be great to have a course out there.

Seacraftarioch
04-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Another one here, or well, soon to be. About 30 min north of boston

blizard05
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Welcome aboard the board:banana::banana:

blizard05
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
:banana::banana: Are we there yet? When does the fun begin? Larry

ncornacchi
04-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Norm, I have a bunch of window wieghts that I save from an old house I worked on for this very purpose. I'll bring them over some weekend soon. It will be great to have a course out there.

That's great Kevin! the sash weights work best because they dig in and the course won't "float".....I'm usually in and out on the weekends Larry, but if you guys say you're comming, the gates are open...I'm just about finished fixing the 6S UL-1, Can't wait to see Dana's MM....should be a great season this year, we've got to coax OSE Steve down with his kids too

blizard05
04-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Steven, where are you? You can run,but you can't hide. COME ON DOWN:popcorn2:

bbosncali
05-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Another one here 40mins from boston seriously looking for a place to get together and race my boat with as many people as possible. Just moved back from florida after 17years so any info or help is apreciated

blizard05
05-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Another one here 40mins from boston seriously looking for a place to get together and race my boat with as many people as possible. Just moved back from florida after 17years so any info or help is apreciated

HI, Brandon Where are you located? I'm 40 min SO of Boston. As far as I know there arn't any fe races in MA, we just try to get together when and where we can. Larry:banana::banana:

bbosncali
05-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi larry thanks for the reply. I live in attleboro and my close friend lives in somerset which is right next to fall river. We usually get together and race around at the local damn but the more people the better. I've been into rc cars for as long as I can remember just recently got into fe boats and I'm hooked. My fleet is upto 3 boats already. Where do you guys get together?

Shaun78
05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Ya, Swansea Mass Brandon......Near Fall River about 1 hr south of Boston

blizard05
05-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Ya, Swansea Mass Brandon......Near Fall River about 1 hr south of Boston

:banana: I'm in Plymouth Larry

bbosncali
05-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Hey I'm always ready for the weekends. Need a bigger car though my fleet is starting to grow

Shaun78
05-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Plymouth about 40 mintes away.....

blizard05
06-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Plymouth about 40 mintes away.....

I went to RI to run Sat, I'm the only FE . They run gas and nitro, however they liked the electric boats. Going to Sanford ME in Oct to the D11 races. Any thing going on in MA ? Larry :rockon2:

knpc
07-07-2011, 07:29 PM
How's this Saturday looking for you guys, I think it's supposed to be a nice day.

99z286spd
07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Early morning Kevin? Or afternoon....I gotta run it by the wife. I asked Dana and he
May be game to come down too...

bbosncali
07-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Where in ma do you guys run them?

dana
07-08-2011, 05:38 PM
keV, I'm in.. Ill be there at like 930

dana
07-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Bbos we run in Abington at Normans house. He lives on a lake

knpc
07-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I did a little fishing yesterday and thought I would post a couple pics. We all cought our limit of keepers, I had a 36'' and a 39''.

99z286spd
07-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Hello gentlemen....Dana and I had a blast out on lake Chauncy in westborough today! Nice weather and good times. We had 6 boats on a boat!....lol. Dana's Mean Machine was running awesome as usual and the T-29 was quite impressive I must say. We made videos and Dana will post it soon...
See u guys sometime soon
Leon

dana
07-10-2011, 10:35 PM
yup. good times... heres the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F7t1NIXm0o

knpc
07-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Nice video Dana, looks like all the boats are running really nice!

blizard05
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm back on line,got a new lap top. Looking forward to next summer,working on some new boats Larry B:banana::banana:

blizard05
04-04-2012, 06:32 AM
3 yrs and still nothing in the works

tkit13
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm from Boston. Where do you guys usually run?

blizard05
04-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Every one runs in there own area,at times we get together at a friend's house,who lives on a pond. Some times I go to RI to run

kevinpratt823
09-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Me and a buddy have some Fe's, Mystic, Stiletto, and Impulse 31 over here in Canton. Just got into boats, and we've been running every weekend at the Canton Reservoir.

dana
09-23-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm in Ashland. I might be down to run

blizard05
04-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Where did every one go?

Speedracer128
04-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi,

I'm fairly new to thus forum. For some reason I wanted able to reply to threads till now so I pm'ed a few of you. I live on a pond in Plymouth. I have a Miss Geico with some mods and my neighbor has a Spartan. We will be putting some floats out in the water. So anyones welcome to run with us, or people are meeting up at another pond we could go there to run our boats.

Thanks

blizard05
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
LMK where you are located, Bartlet rd Fresh pond pm your addy,will try to hook up wth you

BOS SVT
05-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone, this is one old thread but want to see who is up for a get together June 8th in eastern or southern Mass/RI area. Im in Attleboro but will travel.

I have a modified Impulse 31 that would be fun to run with other boaters. My cell is below so please call or text me if interested so we can pick the best lake/pond to meet at. Thanks!

Cell 617-470-5917

johnl6676
06-06-2013, 07:27 AM
I am from Salem, Ma. You have a place to run? I have 2 spartans and a mean machine. Interested in meeting some more people to run with.

Speedracer128
06-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I think it would be awesome if here in ma we can get a group of boats running. I have a MG that's upgraded, barbwire for my son and my neighbor that I run with has a spartan. We live on fresh pond in plymouth which is a great place to run our boats. We are going to be putting boies out to set up a track. Everyone is more than welcome to come run with us.

We that want to run with other boats should set something up. I know it's a bit of a hike from Salem but there are several of us on be southshore. If you guys do want to make plans to come down to run at fresh pond, I will get the boies set up ASAP.

Please let me know who would like to set something up at fresh pond. That would be awesome!

My name is Raul and my cell number is 305-336-3555

johnl6676
06-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Would like to meet with you speedracer. I drive to my sons house currently which is on a lake in NH to run. He is so busy it is hard to get together with him. I am retired and the drive to Plymouth is not that bad. I used to run in Marion MA in a cranberry bog years ago and I drove that every Sunday. I for one would like to get something started locally (Plymouth if you have the spot). I have been running boats for 35 plus years mostly nitro but have converted totally to FE boats now. I will give you a call what is the best time. Or you can call me my cell is 978-479-9125. My name is John Locke. Thanks!

Speedracer128
06-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Any time is good to call. I don't mind driving either. There's some other guys from eastern Ma with fe's. So I'm game to go run wherever.

BOS SVT
06-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Hey guys, weather looks good tomorrow afternoon in the Plymouth area, especially in the afternoon.

How would 2:00 work for everyone? If not, anytime between 1:45-4:00 as a start time and I am in for sure.

Raul (Speedracer), can you give us the address of the pond and a nearby landmark? This is one old thread, so it will be great to finally make this happen. Look forward to having some fun.

Speedracer128
06-07-2013, 06:32 PM
John has the address but here it is, 913 state rd plymouth ma. Anyone is welcome to come by tomorrow. We'll be there between 2:30 and 3 to get started. We've got about 5 boats to run tomorrow so the more the merrier. Tomorrow we can check out the pond, ride some and decide where the boies will go

Shoot to thrill
06-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm from Plymouth, live in Weymouth. I run on Billington sea a lot, and a couple places in sandwich. I could host something at Billington sea with a dock and rescue boats.

Hi,

I'm fairly new to thus forum. For some reason I wanted able to reply to threads till now so I pm'ed a few of you. I live on a pond in Plymouth. I have a Miss Geico with some mods and my neighbor has a Spartan. We will be putting some floats out in the water. So anyones welcome to run with us, or people are meeting up at another pond we could go there to run our boats.

Thanks

johnl6676
06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Great talking to you guys looking forward to our meet tomorrow been waiting a long time to get something going.

Heaving Earth
06-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Bos,I'm 45 minutes north of you in

Heaving Earth
06-07-2013, 09:18 PM
The funny thing is OSE is right outside Boston. All they would have to do is organize 1 event here in ma and I think the turnout would be good. Maybe even a yearly thing that could do well. Dunno why it's never happened tho

johnl6676
06-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Heaving earth where do you run your boat?

Heaving Earth
06-07-2013, 09:59 PM
I run at hopkington state park and cochiutuate sp. sometimes I run with Kevin in canton

Speedracer128
06-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Shoot,

Your lake will work too. I'll be moving this summer, possibly Weymouth also. My neighbor is staying here so we can run here anytime or anywhere else also.

Heaving,

Of course your def welcome to come by this afternoon. If weather permits we'll run a few packs today, but we're scoping the place out today and figure out where I should put boies out.

Speedracer128
06-08-2013, 07:53 AM
I'd like to run with kevin too

kevinpratt823
06-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Sorry working today.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Speedracer128
06-08-2013, 07:55 AM
If anyone wants directions my number is 305-336-3555. 2:30 to 3 is when we're meeting. The more the merrier IMO

Speedracer128
06-08-2013, 08:08 AM
We'll get something going when we all can make it. I'm working myself today. Was originally planning on meeting with John Sunday but today worked better for the guys coming so I'm cutting out at 2 to come back to meet with these guys, so depending how much time we spend today running ill be back at my office when we finish

Shoot to thrill
06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Shoot,

Your lake will work too. I'll be moving this summer, possibly Weymouth also. My neighbor is staying here so we can run here anytime or anywhere else also.

Heaving,

Of course your def welcome to come by this afternoon. If weather permits we'll run a few packs today, but we're scoping the place out today and figure out where I should put boies out.

I'm currently at work on a vessel in the gulf of Mexico but I would love to but something together between June 13th and July 9th while I am home

Speedracer128
06-08-2013, 07:41 PM
That's cool everyone is more than welcome. The guys came over today and we had fun even tho I blew my first esc so I didn't get to really run my MG. but everyone likes the location and figured out where to place the boies.

Thanks John. Yo da man! Who's got a briefcase with every prop size kicking around in their tool set?

johnl6676
06-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks for hosting the meet speedracer. It was a great day and a great place to run boats. Looking forward to doing it again real soon. A pleasure meeting all you guys. Please keep in touch.

Speedracer128
06-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Thanks. For sure. Ill call you after I figure out my esc

BOS SVT
06-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Def a great time guys. I really look forward to our next get together. Maybe a few weeks once you get that ESC and I get my batteries figured out. Cheapest ESC 180A Seaking I have seen is $105 including shipping.

Speedracer128
06-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks but I think warranty will cover it. Which will be great. More money for batts

Heaving Earth
06-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I wish you guys were running a bit closer to me, but Plymouth is quite a ride for me. Be cool to get down there tho

Heaving Earth
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Attleboro I can do easier. 40 mins from me.
Plymouth is an hour and a half