PDA

View Full Version : Aeromarine 43" Conquest Cat w/ Lehner 3060/10

txboatpilot
02-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey Guys,

Here is my new 10S open cat for 2009 season!! It will be raced in open cat, t-class oval, and open offshore.. It is set up with a Lehner 3060/10, Schulze 40/160 esc, 4x5S 4100mAh 30C Neu Energy lipos for 10s2p, all Speedmaster hardware.. Here are a few pictures and the video of my first run!

Sorry it took a min to download the video...

http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/txboatpilot/?action=view&current=ef46f236.pbr

yudruln8
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
very nice any video soon i hope to build an avenger

calcagno45
02-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Rich, looks great! I see a still picture in the water but have you run it yet? It should scream!! and give the gasser's hell! The Conquest's are running strong. Carlo C won Nationals with a Conquest.

Whats the weight RTR?

Is that an auto oiler mounted on the rail?

She looks great! Give 'em hell!!

txboatpilot
02-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Video is there now!!

txboatpilot
02-22-2009, 08:46 PM
very nice any video soon i hope to build an avenger

I run an Avenger as well... It is 10s with Neu 2215/2Y and CC HV240 esc.. Here is a link...http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=3146&highlight=avenger

txboatpilot
02-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Rich, looks great! I see a still picture in the water but have you run it yet? It should scream!! and give the gasser's hell! The Conquest's are running strong. Carlo C won Nationals with a Conquest.

Thanks Bro,

I am going to mix it up with what ever is at the pond on race day! Not worried at all with this beast..

Whats the weight RTR?

I will check it tonight,, my guess is 16-18lbs..

Is that an auto oiler mounted on the rail?

Yes sir! Now just fill the bottle with chain-saw blade lube or Mercury sterndrive gear oil and no taking the flexshaft in and out on every run!

She looks great! Give 'em hell!!

Hope to lay down some paint on her in the next few weeks,, nothin' fancy just something I can see good out on the water..

yudruln8
02-22-2009, 09:21 PM
nice video that thing moves.

DISAR
02-24-2009, 05:39 AM
Very nice and fast boat. May I ask where is the center of gravity and what did you use as a cable saver? One more, the bottom of strut how above is from the bottom of sponsons?

txboatpilot
02-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Very nice and fast boat. May I ask where is the center of gravity and what did you use as a cable saver? One more, the bottom of strut how above is from the bottom of sponsons?

Thanks for the kind words,,,:tiphat:

COG is about 14" from rear.. Cable saver is made by top secret boats, it is just a 1/4" collar with two set screws.. Works great!
On some of my boats with 3/16" F/Shaft, I just use a octura drive dog as a shaft saver.. File off the ears and presto a S/Saver!!:beerchug:

Strut is set 1/4" above the rear sponsons..

DISAR
02-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Many thanks!

txboatpilot
02-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, I had a little time yesterday afternoon to dail in the Conquest.. Still needs some minor tweaks, but all in all it is running very nice.. I am very pleased with this hulls performance, even in windy conditions.. Yesterday the wind was 18-22mph and there was a considerable amount of chop in the water, only twice going directly into the wind at full speed down the straight, did it try to catch flight.. Gps was showing 58-62mph with x465 prop, running very stable and turning like it is on rails... Hope to get some more video soon!

txboatpilot
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Here is a video of the Conquest running in practice with one of our gas club memebers... Lots of FUN!!

I am still running the Lehner 3060/10 with 40-160 Schulze esc... The lipos are now 5500mah/ 35c Hyperion G3's in a 10s2p setup.... I am running a x560 prop in the video.. Speed is consistantly at 60-63mph....

Gotta love that FE sound coming by when the gassers are out running!

http://www.youtube.com/dallasrcthunderboats#p/u/10/R91k-D4jIM4

Jesse J
05-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Sweet stuff Rich!! I am thinking of getting into the big kitties.

I am looking at the Cyclone and will be checking back to this thread. I have a Neu 1524 1.5Y 1350ish KV and would like to set up the Cyclone for 6-7S. I was thinking the prescribed rudder from Aeromarine and one of Wholt's bearingized struts. Do you think .187" cable will be enough? I will start with my Himodel 200amp ESC but eventually step up as I get into the racing bit - still no club in my area but we are due to move to a bigger city towards the end of this year.

thanks for the great documentation, I will be back once I get my hull.

Cheers
J

Fluid
05-12-2010, 02:04 PM
The Cyclone (45") is far too large for any reliable, fast 6S setup IMO. And the 1524 motor is too small for a high-power 6S setup in this boat if you tried it. Now two 1524s would be awesome....

My Stryker F-41 is set up very similar to Richard's: 3060/10, 40-160, 10S2P. I use an x465 cut and bent on 1/4" cable for low/mid-60s in race water. It is a blast to run, especially in "rough" water.

If you want to use your current motor on 6S the 34" Team Believer hull would work well. With the same bottom as the SprintCat 40/60 it has more room inside and looks more "offshore". I've seen three different guys run these hulls on 10S, but that is really too much for the 34" boats. My SprintCat 40 runs around 60 on 6S, which is plenty on rough water!

The big cats really need 8S or 10S, partly due to the added weight - which means more power required. 10S is better since you can run a lower amp draw for the same output power. Some guys are getting decent reliable speeds with the big outrunners like the Scorpion 4035/800, which are cheaper than the big Lehner and Neu motors. The outrunners aren't as reliably fast - yet - but they are still a lot of fun and allow you to run in water that would keep all your other boats on the beach.

Jesse J
05-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks Jay! I don't think I am up for setting up another twin in the near future. but that would be a pretty sweet ride for sure. I am glad you dropped in - you probably saved me significant grief!

Ok, the only problem is that I am not wild about the looks of team believer- too many angles for me.

How about the Jollysport on OFE? it's 34" by 10" and much more the style I like.

thanks again!

Fluid
05-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah, one reason I built the SprintCat was because the TB just didn't turn me on. I thought about building a new hatch but I'd rather run than fabricate....

The Jolly would probably run very well on your setup, but like most European cats it doesn't turn nearly as well as the North American cats. That's not all bad, if you don't mind slowing down a bit for the turns or your turns are not sharp then no problem. Using a very long rudder can help a lot too - and I mean LONG.