PDA

View Full Version : Texting

Flying Scotsman
02-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Now I get it. I use a communication format that only people who have no command of the English language can understand..Brilliant...is the CIA aware of this new KGB or other nations tactics

Douggie

Doby
02-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Technology is not always a good thing....................

egneg
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
r u 4 real ?

<3

ghostofpf1
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm amazed that we actually had to get a law passed here in California to prevent people from texting while driving :doh:

Steve

Flying Scotsman
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Chuck, That I understand but < 3 no comprendo

Dooggie

Doby
02-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Walking in a mall the other day.....towards me comes someone in their late teens/ early twenties......IPod in use and texting on his phone........totally oblivious to the rest of the world....I made it a point to ensure we collide.......he seems actually amazed that by not paying attention to his surroundings,,,the rest of the world did not part (like the red sea) for him.......with any luck his next encounter won't be a bus.

Text messaging, E-mails,,PM's, Voice mail......no need to communicate anymore in person.

Watch "Wall-E" and see what we will end up as......

Flying Scotsman
02-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Walking in a mall the other day.....towards me comes someone in their late teens/ early twenties......IPod in use and texting on his phone........totally oblivious to the rest of the world....I made it a point to ensure we collide.......he seems actually amazed that by not paying attention to his surroundings,,,the rest of the world did not part (like the red sea) for him.......with any luck his next encounter won't be a bus.

Text messaging, E-mails,,PM's, Voice mail......no need to communicate anymore in person.

Watch "Wall-E" and see what we will end up as......

Doby, I love you . Those idiots that stride with their communications methods in a car or as an individual user should be given a very hard hit on their genitals and yes Lassies that includes you.

Douggie

egneg
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Douggie ... <3 = love - a hart sideways. With that said I agree about cell phones and driving - statistics have proven that it is the same as driving drunk!

P.S. I have teenage daughter that text messages me all the time so I was forced to learn the lingo!

Xzessperated
02-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Doby, I love you . Those idiots that stride with their communications methods in a car or as an individual user should be given a very hard hit on their genitals and yes Lassies that includes you.

Douggie

Can I apply for the hitting of genitals job? I like a little BDSM

Bill-SOCAL
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
My pet peeve?? Those freaking Star Trek Bluetooth ear buds. You are NOT Captain Kirk!! You do NOT need to contact Star Fleet Command while eating your pizza!!!

When did it become necessary for all of us to be in instant contact 24/7?? I have clients that call me on my cell phone on Saturday nights!!! Crazy.

Doby
02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
My pet peeve?? Those freaking Star Trek Bluetooth ear buds. You are NOT Captain Kirk!! You do NOT need to contact Star Fleet Command while eating your pizza!!!

When did it become necessary for all of us to be in instant contact 24/7?? I have clients that call me on my cell phone on Saturday nights!!! Crazy.

I think it gives people the feeling that they are "that important" that anyone can contact them at any time. Pathetic :thumbsdown:

Chop
02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
When did it become necessary for all of us to be in instant contact 24/7??
You mean the people that can't go anywhere without their phone? They wear it like it's an insulin pump.

ghostofpf1
02-19-2009, 11:07 PM

Certainly makes it harder to pick out the schizophrenics :unsure:

Steve

Eyekandyboats
02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
r u 4 real ?

<3
BUAHAHAHAHAH OMG i love it

I text all the time. i find that i get most texts while i drive.
luckily my car's Nav lets me narrate the texts and then sends it VIA blue tooth to my cell to send to the person.
it also reads out the texts aloud!
its a fabulous feature.

Bill-SOCAL
02-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Can you explain to me/us just what is so incredibly important in your life that you need to be texting while driving?? Are you a brain surgeon? Do people's lives depend on being in instant contact with you??

Flying Scotsman
02-20-2009, 04:53 PM
To all text users, I still need to understand your language. When you make a job application, discuss engineering problems, etc. Will this be your method of communication??
If so, you are doomed to NO JOB.

Douggie

AndyKunz
02-20-2009, 11:24 PM
That's OK - Uncle Obama will pay their mortgage and the gasoline for their Beemers. You're just jealous because you're in Canada and don't have a sugar daddy.

Andy