PDA

View Full Version : OSE expanding product line in Feb/March

Steven Vaccaro
02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Since things are a bit on the slow side at OSE, it seems only time to increase our product line. In February we finally solidified a partnership with a machine shop to bring in a new line of mono turn fins, water cooled adjustable motor mounts in both the 380 and 540 sizes and a bunch of new rudders, small to large. The economy may be slow, but at OSE we are continually trying to bring you the customer the latest and greatest in rc boat parts!

Thanks for all the support! :tiphat:

Darin Jordan
02-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Since things are a bit on the slow side at OSE, it seems only time to increase our product line. In February we finally solidified a partnership with a machine shop to bring in a new line of mono turn fins, water cooled adjustable motor mounts in both the 380 and 540 sizes and a bunch of new rudders, small to large. The economy may be slow, but at OSE we are continually trying to bring you the customer the latest and greatest in rc boat parts!

Thanks for all the support! :tiphat:

Steven, This is great news...

If you get a chance, and want to expand a little more, I think the market REALLY needs a better selection of pre-made HYDRO Turn fins as well....

Doug Smock
02-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Very cool Steven!!!!, ditto on the Hydro turn fins!!

Doug

calcagno45
02-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Ditto to Doug's ditto on those turn fins!!!

Thats great news!! I hope to see some good hardware soon to try out, hopefully good and cheaper than Speedmaster.... lol

tth
02-17-2009, 07:43 PM
I can't wait to see what you have in store?

ApacheDude
02-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Yea! I am still looking for the perfect rudder and strut setup for my blackjack. Hopefully there will be some new options in hardware.

Keep up the great work!

Steven Vaccaro
02-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Sounds like we need hydro fins. I'll see what I can find. What are you guys looking for in a hydro turn fin that a AquaCraft Ul-1 fin will not provide? Is the bracket or turn fin itself to thin?

txboatpilot
02-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Sounds like we need hydro fins. I'll see what I can find. What are you guys looking for in a hydro turn fin that a AquaCraft Ul-1 fin will not provide? Is the bracket or turn fin itself to thin?

YES!! We need hydro turn fins...

With the UL-1 it is too flexable and the mount could be more sturdy.. When running P-hydro on 4s2p at 50+mph the UL-1 turn fins just dont cut it.. Mabey use its profile and make one thicker and with a stronger mount!

Steven V. ---------YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

H&MWill
02-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Steven, I liked the carbon Fullers fin that is not available anymore. Maybe something like that in all aluminum.

tylerm
02-18-2009, 02:02 PM
The RCMK fin is nice. They also make a big one for the gas sized hulls which is very sturdy.

egneg
02-18-2009, 02:52 PM
I would like one like the ul-1 but not as wide and maybe a bit smaller for the vintage shovelnose.

Meniscus
02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
...water cooled adjustable motor mounts in both the 380 and 540 sizes...

:thumbup1: That's great news on the water-cooled motor mounts ;)

I'd have to agree regarding turn fins for hydros. Among others, I'd like to see a swept back version like they use in Japan for rougher water.

It is really nice to see a vendor that listens to customer requests and diligently pursues making those items available. I know I for one can appreciate the time and effort required to make this happen. Of course you'll never seen the profit in your pocket for these efforts, but you have to know that the community appreciates it! :thumbup: :beerchug:

Maybe we should all send you a bottle of your favorite libation so that those long discussions throughout the world go a little easier ;) LOL!

"Yes Steven, I'd like to have 40 turn fins, 23 UL-1's, and go ahead and charge me for what you're drinking this week" ;)

Steven Vaccaro
02-18-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm meeting with a new cad guy in a couple of weeks. I've had guys use the aqua fin on boats from 22" to 30" with great results. But I've read online that the bigger boat guys are complaining of bending. Whats bending? The bracket or fin itself?

Meniscus I see it this way, the more research and time spent in the basement, the less time my wife has me for the "honey do" lists!!! lol

Meniscus
02-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Meniscus I see it this way, the more research and time spent in the basement, the less time my wife has me for the "honey do" lists!!! lol

:stupid:I though you said she reads the forum? You are one brave guy!!!!!

You have a very valid point though! :beerchug: So what did you say you drink? ...in the basement even?

Doug Smock
02-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Steven those fins are very soft. We've bent them on Vac-U-Pickles with SV power systems, just running the race course.
I do like the blade shape and profile, it holds the 26" ish hulls nice in the corners.
A good addition to that I think would be something like Ray's standard strut bracket but a bit longer. I like the square 4 hole footprint. That's what I have been using on the small sport hydros along with a heavier version of the AQ turnfin, they hold up well.:thumbup:
I can post a pic if you'd like.

Just my ,02
Keep up the good work sir!!
Doug :tiphat:

Eyekandyboats
02-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Hydro turn find are defiantly in demand!.

Steven that is great news for sure

Steven Vaccaro
02-19-2009, 06:44 AM
:stupid:I though you said she reads the forum? You are one brave guy!!!!!

You have a very valid point though! :beerchug: So what did you say you drink? ...in the basement even?

She knows I'm only teasing!

Steven Vaccaro
02-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Steven those fins are very soft. We've bent them on Vac-U-Pickles with SV power systems, just running the race course.
I do like the blade shape and profile, it holds the 26" ish hulls nice in the corners.
A good addition to that I think would be something like Ray's standard strut bracket but a bit longer. I like the square 4 hole footprint. That's what I have been using on the small sport hydros along with a heavier version of the AQ turnfin, they hold up well.:thumbup:
I can post a pic if you'd like.

Just my ,02
Keep up the good work sir!!
Doug :tiphat:

Please post a picture Doug.

Also has anyone tried the new Aqua turn fin from the UL-1? Its thicker.

txboatpilot
02-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Please post a picture Doug.

Also has anyone tried the new Aqua turn fin from the UL-1? Its thicker.

No, I thought they were the same? Do you have any in stock? I would like to try one, if they are indeed thicker..

longballlumber
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
If I can make a turn fin suggestion... Use a good grade of aluminum i.e. 6061, 7071, 7075

With the higher grade of AL you can use .063 or maybe a little thicker.

As for the AQ fins... Pre UL-1's were 1.26mm (oops I had to change it) The UL-1 is 2mm

Check tower, they should have the thicknesses...

Mike

longballlumber
02-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Yep... I just confirmed the thicknesses above on Towers site. I feel the thickness dimension and the fin profile from AQ is fine, but you need to use a better grade of aluminum.

Steven Vaccaro
02-19-2009, 12:23 PM
If I can make a turn fin suggestion... Use a good grade of aluminum i.e. 6061, 7071, 7075

With the higher grade of AL you can use .063 or maybe a little thicker.

As for the AQ fins... Pre UL-1's were 1.26mm (oops I had to change it) The UL-1 is 2mm

Check tower, they should have the thicknesses...

Mike

I will remeasure tonight, but when I first got them, I measured one at 1.65mm. Still thicker than the old ones.

calcagno45
02-19-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm going to try one of these on my Whiplash 20. Im waiting for it to come in so I can finish building the boat and try it out.

If it bends on isn't good, I'll make one or wait for Steven to come out with one.

RCprince
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Steve is becoming a one stop shop, next we'll see interactive videos and such, maybe even a skype hot line for call ins:bounce: (It's all good) That's what being in business is about, capturing and maintaining your customers loyalty, With honesty, service and lots of eye candy:beerchug:

Tunda
02-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Steven i always said you were the BEST........... Thanks for all your hard work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Vaccaro
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I always appreciate the comments, but I'm far from the best. If I was truly the best, I would be able to offer some of the RcPrince ideas. Plus I've always believed that someone is always better off constantly striving to be the best. I've known some people that called themselves "the best" and they forgot where they came from, eventually letting themselves down!

PS RCprince skype is a cool idea for taking orders!

properchopper
02-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I remember OSE from about five years ago, and I wonder if we all know just how far Mr. Vaccaro has driven this thing we call FE. Steven, any chance of finding & displaying some early OSE pages ? { or maybe as a "goof" put the old opening page up for an hour or so ? } April fools day's coming up:spy:

Steven Vaccaro
02-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I remember OSE from about five years ago, and I wonder if we all know just how far Mr. Vaccaro has driven this thing we call FE. Steven, any chance of finding & displaying some early OSE pages ? { or maybe as a "goof" put the old opening page up for an hour or so ? } April fools day's coming up:spy:

Thats something to think about!!

The old site in the beginning had some rock songs once in a while, even Christmas music. :doh:.

Rex R
02-20-2009, 12:55 PM
hmmm, lets see, when steven goes to the pond he can call it 'product testing', during summer vacation when he stops at various namba events its market research(and gathering consumer feedback)...;)
rex

Meniscus
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Thats something to think about!!

The old site in the beginning had some rock songs once in a while, even Christmas music. :doh:.

LOL! Sorry I missed that, from time to time I'm sure we could use music on the forum such as "Kumbaya"

To prevent confusion, I would recommend putting the old site for nostalgic purposes on a subdomain or other link, but be sure to identify is as such and link back to the current site. Otherwise, the search engines will cache the pages for years, LMAO!

Steven Vaccaro
02-20-2009, 03:02 PM
hmmm, lets see, when steven goes to the pond he can call it 'product testing', during summer vacation when he stops at various namba events its market research(and gathering consumer feedback)...;)
rex

Product testing yes, but not so much market research going on until my kids grow and my wife and I have some free time. Until then you dont have to worry about me kicking your butt in a race :rockon2:

Steven Vaccaro
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
LOL! Sorry I missed that, from time to time I'm sure we could use music on the forum such as "Kumbaya"

To prevent confusion, I would recommend putting the old site for nostalgic purposes on a subdomain or other link, but be sure to identify is as such and link back to the current site. Otherwise, the search engines will cache the pages for years, LMAO!

I dont think I will be doing that any time soon, but good call. The old site is around on some desktop somewhere. I think in the basement. I have at least 10 pc's down there and 2 servers. Lots of personal stuff that I dont want to hand over to the trash guy.

I need to do something like this someday, http://www.pcrecycler.net/services/data-destruction/data-off/
until then its all locked up in my stores basement collecting dust.

Meniscus
02-20-2009, 03:17 PM
You could also take care of a swelled lipo in a 40 gallon drum in the backyard ;) I'd like to see someone recover the data after that! But, you're probably better off not taking the chance, especially with MIT types around.

Chop
02-20-2009, 05:35 PM
I can set a computer on top of a 10" mortar on the Fourth of July, or just put an ounce of flash in it... set on ground/light fuse/get away.
:flashfire:
Can't wait to see the new stuff!

egneg
02-20-2009, 05:58 PM
It's nothing that a good sized hammer can't accomplish!

Rex R
02-20-2009, 06:55 PM
awww you mean I gotta wait till 2015 before I get to see you again :) (I'll probably need bi-focals by then ;)). oh well that should give me a bit of time to practice.

Apples1
02-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Holy crap, soon i will just have a direct feed from OSE to Aus and a account with UPS, we just cant anything like everything you sell over here (Especially in one spot) keep them coming Steve, nice job!

marker
02-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Here you go, back to 2002
http://web.archive.org/web/20030417185645/www.offshoreelectrics.com/forsalemain.htm
Mark

Meniscus
02-21-2009, 09:32 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20030417185645/www.offshoreelectrics.com/forsalemain.htm
Mark

Now they look like bathtub toys, LOL!

Sorry Egneg!

Steven Vaccaro
02-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Now they look like bathtub toys, LOL!

Sorry Egneg!

Be careful in what you speak. jk. I have a wave shark with a supervee motor that will run circles around a supervee 27.

Meniscus
02-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Be careful in what you speak. jk. I have a wave shark with a supervee motor that will run circles around a supervee 27.

I know! It's the same with Egneg's, that's why it's so funny! :biggrin:

It almost seems like the cats don't have anything for it! LOL!

properchopper
02-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Mark

Thanks for the link, got me all warm & fuzzy ! & Yeah, the WaveSharks were so cool; wish I had one now ! [ Anyone ?]

egneg
02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
As Meniscus said I have a Wave Shark and it's a lot of fun especially in rough water. I have a 700SC with a jetti navy esc on 12 cells and a M545.

Edit: I almost forgot about the OSE sticker on the back.

Steven Vaccaro
02-21-2009, 02:41 PM
As Meniscus said I have a Wave Shark and it's a lot of fun especially in rough water. I have a 700SC with a jetti navy esc on 12 cells and a M545.

Edit: I almost forgot about the OSE sticker on the back.

Nice! Are you running trim tabs on it?

egneg
02-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Nice! Are you running trim tabs on it?

Yes, I was given the boat with the hardware and added the motor, cooling coil, esc, and prop.

Steven Vaccaro
02-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Yes, I was given the boat with the hardware and added the motor, cooling coil, esc, and prop.

Try it without the tabs and it turns into a snow board! :laugh: 360's at will.

egneg
02-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Try it without the tabs and it turns into a snow board! :laugh: 360's at will.

It does that now as I have the tabs adjusted all the way up ... as a matter of fact I sank it once after multiple 360's and had to fish it out from the bottom of the pond - minus the GPS. Diego and Dirty are witnesses to the 360's and the fact that it will fly through the air for 4 - 6 feet when the conditions are right.

Diego remember that day at Mt. Trashmore? Originally it was Dirty's boat (that he bought from someone) and then he gave it to Diego. Diego changed the stuffing tube and put a different rudder on it then gave it to me. I added the motor, esc, and prop. It runs very well considering that it's old school power.

Meniscus
02-21-2009, 06:18 PM
It runs very well considering that it's old school power.

Very well is an understatement!

Meniscus
02-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Steven, I'm watching and waiting...

I'm hoping those water-cooled motor mounts get added first!

Steven Vaccaro
02-26-2009, 08:39 PM
What size you looking for? I have some etti 380 versions I need to get on the site.

Meniscus
02-27-2009, 08:06 AM
I need two small and one larger at the moment. PM me the price and how you want to run the transaction. :)

Steven Vaccaro
02-27-2009, 10:00 AM
It will be a few more days until I get the larger ones. The etti outrunner 380 mount is $19.50

Meniscus
02-27-2009, 12:00 PM
It will be a few more days until I get the larger ones. The etti outrunner 380 mount is $19.50

Cool, thanks Steven. It'll probably be next week sometime before I get to it, due to the fact I need some other stuff as well that you have in the shop.