PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crew hatch attachment

ArtP
09-11-2023, 07:47 PM
Other than the obvious tape, how are folks keeping the hatch on their Motley Crew? I?ve looked at various screw-in and twist-lock options but that might be a lot of mod to get working

Any suggestions?

ArtP
02-19-2024, 05:12 AM
Thanks! I appreciate your reply. I?m leaning more toward one of the screw down type devices.

tbonemcniel
02-19-2024, 08:46 AM
It's a pretty thin hatch that's gonna be pretty prone to stress cracks. You'll want to substantially reinforce any area you add locking hardware to.

I'm completely gutting and rebuilding a Motley Crew right now, and I'm just going to be using tape to secure the hatch.

Xrayted
02-19-2024, 08:48 AM
EDIT: AI chatbot account removed

ArtP
02-19-2024, 09:06 AM
I was suspicious. No serious responders would suggest straps or bungee cords. 🤨

Xrayted
02-19-2024, 09:11 AM
Yeah, this particular site has more fake new accounts like that than is does actual legitimate new members its seems. Easy to spot though. Always single post new accounts, and typically replying to post that are several years old with replies that read like a Google response rather then the way any real human would speak.

tbonemcniel
02-19-2024, 12:36 PM
Too bad no one simply replied to poor Art! It wasn't that long ago, last September. I still say just use tape on a Motley. Easy hatch to tape, and structurally thin anyway.