PDA

View Full Version : which motor for my ESC

SkipLewis
09-08-2023, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone, I have an OSE 150A ESC that I want to install in my Sonicwake V2. I also want to upgrade the motor. What is the best upgraded motor to fit the boat as well work well with the OSE 150A ESC?

Would something like this work: The SSS 4092 V2 brushless motor found here on OSE: SSS 4092 V2 Brushless Motor | Offshore Electrics (https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=tfl-sss-4092-v2)

Or do you recommend something else? Obviously, I want to get as much speed as I can using the 150A ESC.
(https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/stuffing-tube-sonicwake-36-v2/PRB282094.html)

Bande1
09-08-2023, 09:33 PM
thats a perfect motor. Id personally run the 1800kv on 6s because its a wye wind and you can play with lower timing to control heat. and mono hulls have a lot of problems with bigger props and chine walking, torque rolling. 1800kv will require smaller props vs the 1650kv.

SkipLewis
09-09-2023, 09:24 AM
Thank you so much! You answer a lot of questions on here so you may not remember, but you recommended that I learn to solder when I was asking about putting the 150A ESC in my Sonicwake. I've been hesitant, but like you said, it's something needed if I'm going to progress with the RC stuff so I'm taking the plunge. Thanks again! I'm sure I'll have more questions to come. :smile:

SkipLewis
09-09-2023, 09:34 AM
Thanks again for all your help.... can you also recommend a motor mount sold here on OSE that works well with a Sonicwake? I see there are several 40MM to choose from.

Panther6834
09-09-2023, 09:46 AM
Thanks again for all your help.... can you also recommend a motor mount sold here on OSE that works well with a Sonicwake? I see there are several 40MM to choose from.You could find doing so 'difficult', considering how the SonicWake's motor mount is sorta-kinda "integrated" with other things in the hull. Definitely not saying it can't be done, but could prove quite difficult. Personally, I'm not aware of anyone who has replaced the stock mount...but, if anyone has, I'm also interested in knowing "how".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Bande1
09-09-2023, 09:55 AM
Thank you so much! You answer a lot of questions on here so you may not remember, but you recommended that I learn to solder when I was asking about putting the 150A ESC in my Sonicwake. I've been hesitant, but like you said, it's something needed if I'm going to progress with the RC stuff so I'm taking the plunge. Thanks again! I'm sure I'll have more questions to come. :smile:

Oh yeah I remember that convo but not the username. Motor wires happen to be extremely hard to solder btw. Don't attempt it. Lol