PDA

View Full Version : Power HD Servo: real or "knock-off"

Panther6834
09-04-2023, 04:22 PM
Below, you will see two photos, each showing two Power HD servos. The one on the left I purchased 1-2 years ago, and came encased inside the usual metal box. The one on the right is one that I just ordered from a supposed RC retailer (Chicagoland RC), through their eBay listing, which came packaged inside a cardboard box. As you can see in the second photo, the one I already had was, inside the box, packaged as Power HD servos usually are, while the more recently purchased one looks like it was just dropped into a box, along with the Ziploc bag of 'accessories'.

I guess I should first ask whether anyone is aware of Power HD possibly having recently changed their packaging. Has power HD done this? Has anyone else recently ordered any Power HD servos, and received theirs packaged as the one on the right (ie. cardboard box)? I am certain that the one on the left is an actual Power HD servo again, as I have purchased a number of them over the past several years, and all of them have been packaged the same way (ie. metal box). It is the more recently purchased servo that I am wondering if it's an actual Power HD servo...or, a knockoff. Might anyone know?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230904/524669b215348a13295f9d33f60fd6df.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230904/52ad941d734fc18471643b7e420c43ff.jpg

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

ray schrauwen
09-04-2023, 09:50 PM
I would say they are still the same except for the packing. I've bought these for the last 8 years or more and they are always in a cardboard box like HiTech servos are. THe fancy box might just be from an early batch or something??

Panther6834
09-05-2023, 09:35 AM
THe fancy box might just be from an early batch or something??

I'm pretty certain the "fancy box" isn't from an earlier batch. A few YouTubers have covered more recently released Power HD servos, and they've come in the same metal box. It is possible they just package certain lines differently. If I remember correctly, all previously-purchased Power HD servos have been from their WP line. The servo in question is part of their LW line. As I understand it, all WP servos are waterproof, whereas only certain LW are. I'm fairly confident the new one is 'real'...was just trying to get "confirmation".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Peter A
09-05-2023, 03:15 PM
All the power HD servos I have ever bought over the last 5 or 6 years at least have come in the cardboard box. Whether they have come from OSE, RCBB or HK. In fact I got a couple of 30 kg servos last month from OSE, came in the cardboard box.

Panther6834
09-05-2023, 03:17 PM
All the power HD servos I have ever bought over the last 5 or 6 years at least have come in the cardboard box. Whether they have come from OSE, RCBB or HK. In fact I got a couple of 30 kg servos last month from OSE, came in the cardboard box.[emoji1360]