PDA

View Full Version : Sonicwake stuffing tube installation.

mweeks
09-02-2023, 08:45 AM
I may be posting this question in the wrong place. This is my first post on this forum so please excuse the error. I own a Pro Boat Sonicwake v2 and of my 22 RCs it is my only boat so I am a beginner in this area.

Due to a beginner mistake I had to replace the stuffing tube, flex cable, and liner. The stuffing tube bend is not in the center of the tube, it is a little offset leaving a longer end and a shorter end. I didn't pay attention to the orientation when I removed the old stuffing tube.

Can someone please tell me which end goes towards the motor and which end towards the transom?

Thanks for your help.

fweasel
09-02-2023, 12:12 PM
The placement of the bend doesn't really matter. The bend needs to be smooth enough that it doesn't kink the tube and bind the flex cable. Did you buy the replacement stuffing tube as a spare part from ProBoat already bent?

Alignment of the flex cable to the motor shaft is the next critical part of replacing a stuffing tube. The flex cable needs to slip into the motor collet with as little to no deflection, and at the same angle as the motor shaft to eliminate friction and binding of the flex cable against the end of the stuffing tube.

Where the bend is on the new tube doesn't really matter as long as those two conditions are met.

mweeks
09-03-2023, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the follow up. I greatly appreciate it.

All parts are stock replacements from Pro Boat. I have done all of the alignments and the flex cable goes in the collet smoothly. I just wanted to make sure that I installed the stuffing tube correctly.

hafacas
12-06-2023, 05:29 AM
I may be posting this question in the wrong place. This is my first post on this forum so please excuse the error. I own a Pro Boat Sonicwake v2 and of my 22 RCs it is my only boat so I am a beginner in this area.

Due to a beginner mistake I had to replace the stuffing tube, flex cable, and liner. The stuffing tube bend is not in the center of the tube, it is a little offset leaving a longer end and a shorter end. I didn't pay attention to the orientation when I removed the old stuffing tube. drift boss (https://driftbossgame.com)

Can someone please tell me which end goes towards the motor and which end towards the transom?

Thanks for your help.

Are you sure you can do it yourself?

mweeks
12-06-2023, 07:15 AM
Yes this can be done yourself. You can purchase the stuffing tube, flex cable, etc. from Pro Boat as replacement parts. I got a response from Horizon Hobby/Pro Boat support and they said that the shorter end of the stuffing tube goes towards the transom/prop and the longer end goes towards the motor. After making this change I have not had any heat issues with my flex cable or stuffing tube. When you buy the replacement stuffing tub it should have a black mark on the shorter end to help with alignment.

Keep in mind that this information is only for the Pro Boat Sonicwake 36. I do not have any other boats in my RC collection. Hope this information helps.