PDA

View Full Version : A Douggie Rant

Flying Scotsman
02-16-2009, 06:47 PM
I have loved all types of live and recorded music. In my life at the tender age of 6, I remember many 78 rpm records that were pretty awfull, but they gave me a sense of MUSIC. I have always persued the best equipment, as I perceive it in recorded music. My thoughts..the reel to reel #1 The LP # 2 CD a distant # 3 ..MP3 rubbish.
Your thoughts.

Douggie

andym
02-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Live Douggie , you can not beat a good live performance

Flying Scotsman
02-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Andy, as long as it has not too much electronic manipulation to the person's voice !
Who can neither sing in a studio or !!!

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Why, do I ask the question..COMPRESSION of audio..You want a constant volume..you have it.

Douggie

Xzessperated
02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Andy, as long as it has not too much electronic manipulation to the person's voice !
Who can neither sing in a studio or !!!

Douggie

I personally like to listen to my own singing in the shower Douggie.

Seriously, I agree with you about mp3 but it is convenient at times.

Andy I think live depends on who it is. I have heard some live shows that changed my mind about a singer. They have gone from hero to zero quickly. On the other hand other artists have surprised me at just how good they are. I agree with Douggie about live shows. Let us hear their real voices and not some voice that is manipulated by electronics.

Ub Hauled
02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I have loved all types of live and recorded music. In my life at the tender age of 6, I remember many 78 rpm records that were pretty awfull, but they gave me a sense of MUSIC. I have always persued the best equipment, as I perceive it in recorded music. My thoughts..the reel to reel #1 The LP # 2 CD a distant # 3 ..MP3 rubbish.
Your thoughts.

Douggie

I agree with you Douggie, with a little alteration...
#1 Nothing sounds like a reel on a Neve or SSL console.
#2 FIRST TIME you play a vinyl... after a few times it loses some quality
#3 Audio DVD
#4 CD

MP3 is just a way to get your fix... it sounds like "arse", the compression is just awful.

Chop
02-16-2009, 08:05 PM
I personally like to listen to my own singing in the shower Douggie.

Karaoke night!!
I like to sing and I like to drink - most people like to hear me drink.
:beerchug:

Doug Smock
02-16-2009, 08:22 PM
karaoke night!!
I like to sing and i like to drink - most people like to hear me drink.

lol

RCprince
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Man o man do I miss 8 tracks.:just-kidding: I agree with the mp3 thing unless you use 256 or 320 bit conversion, 128 is just nominal sounding it looses almost all of it's dynamic sound. But the best is AAC

Dr. Jet
02-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Live is good, but playing live music is the best. Especially when you have TUBE AMPS.

Xzessperated
02-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Karaoke night!!
I like to sing and I like to drink - most people like to hear me drink.

Chop that is a classic. I must remember that one. :thumbup:

Ub Hauled
02-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Live is good, but playing live music is the best. Especially when you have TUBE AMPS.

Mmmmm... Nothing beats the sound of tubes in the morning...
as an audio guy I have to say that
TUBES RULE!

Chop
02-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Got to agree on the tubes - sounds just seems "richer."

andym
02-17-2009, 02:07 AM
I preffer the sound of my girl getting off