PDA

View Full Version : UL-1 /SV27 Same 3 blade plastic prop?

cwrelic
02-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Hello All. Is the prop the same,the owners manual for the UL-1 dosen't list the plastic one? The tower web site dosen't list one either. I shredded my plastic one,tried the copper grim prop(L40/57) and the boat would not plane. I put on my friends SV-27 3 blade plastic prop, and the UL-1 ran great. Thanks.

Grimracer
02-17-2009, 08:57 AM
They are one and the same.

Grimracer

Capt. Crash
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Hello All. Is the prop the same,the owners manual for the UL-1 dosen't list the plastic one? The tower web site dosen't list one either. I shredded my plastic one,tried the copper grim prop(L40/57) and the boat would not plane. I put on my friends SV-27 3 blade plastic prop, and the UL-1 ran great. Thanks.

You will have to lower the 40X57/3 to get the boat to plane.

WaterWalker
02-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Grim...

Real newbie here... What 2 bladed prop's do you recommend for the UL-1...??? ??? ???

Luke (WaterWalker)

PS: Anybody know how to get this page to send a msg or email to Grimracer...??? ???
Thought I could push an extra button, but guess not or I am Not brite enough to find it... ?;(

Grimracer
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Luke

I like the grimraecr 38X55

Grim

WaterWalker
02-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Grim...

THANKS... Will give it whirl... ";)

?: What would a 42X55 from the SV do...??? ???

Also... IF (?) you are up in the Aquaboat Heaven... Give a Great BIG Thanks, from Luke in Sumter, SC to Lisa at Boat Hobby Services... She REALLY did help ~ A LOT... and I certainly did and do... Appreciate it...

As I do... a response from 'the' Grim...

";)

Luke

Grimracer
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Luke,

Work quite well.................

I will let the gang know and thanks for sharing.

ROCK ON RC BOAT DUDES

Grimracer

WaterWalker
03-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Grim...

Getting ready to put props on...

?: What is the 'Proper' way to put props on... ??? ??? I read one of your posts, NOT to Tighten, Tight... etc...

I have a Aquaboat Flotilla now... An Atlantic Tug to fetch'im on back... SV27 BL, UL-1 and
Rio 51...

Holler,

Luke

Grimracer
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Luke dude..

Good question.. really no wrong way..

But in all fairness I do not tighten nut to hub.. too tight anyway.. I have seen instances where the nut will tweak the end of the shaft making it bend..

Place a small length of fuel tube between the prop and the prop nut.. (if there is room) and just snug to the tubing. If you don’t feel like the lock nut is going to hold put on a new one.

Rock on Bro!

Grim

WaterWalker
03-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Good Morning Grim...

Thanks... annnnd

?: Drive Dog... = Diamter of shaft between dog and strut...??? ??? ???

Holler,

Luke

PS: Have you (or might should) written a 'How To' book on all this
complicated stuff... ??? ??? Or do a member recommended web page...??? ???

Grimracer
03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Luke,

Yea man.. You’re a smart cat.. your catching on FASST…… As a rule of thumb we/I set the distance between the front of the drive dog and the back of the strut one cable dia distance between them.

In this case its a 150" cable so we set it at .150". If you were using a .187" cable you would set it at...yep.. your right.. .187" or 3/16".

Truth is the best place for info like this is at the pond....TEST TEST TEST.. second is right here at OSE.

Grim

Rumdog
03-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Speaking of props, I'd like to give Steve from OSE some big props on the one I just received!! Purchased a sharpened, balanced and "thinned" 440/3 from Ose last Thursday night. Got it Monday, and man was she a beauty! My Ul-1 absolutely rips with this prop, in the straights and the corners. Not sure who actually does the work on these props, but whoever did is the man!

WaterWalker
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Well Thank You Grim... ";)

And I would like to make a point... That when there is friendly, knowledgeable and very experienced information out there and available... Why reinvent the wheel... Accept it thankfully and one will do better with it...

Tonights quest... SV Turn fin setup... ?: Is there any ??? and where might neutral be to start with... ??? ???
Annnnd
For a tuffy... What is a good replacement prop for... The Atlantic Tug... ??? ???
(Speed records... Not being the objective... ';)
Annnnd
Lastly... Anywhere or Way... We can talk Rio 51... ??? ??? As I discovered ;'''''( that 3 letter 'G' word is not too good round here...

Holler,
Luke
llukens@sc.rr.com

PS: I also noticed in a few forums you have a muscle car thing... ?: Sure hope your a GM type of dude... ??? ??? ??? May not know much about FE Boats at the moment... But, have been building hot/street rods for 30+ years... ";)