PDA

View Full Version : sv27 mods

ozboater
06-10-2007, 01:19 PM
ok, i have the FE disease... looks like there is no turning back now :) ... anyway, i was wondering what mods you have done to your sv...

so far i have:
- added OSE adj. trim tabs
- added a fullers carbon turn fin
- messed with props, currently using a CF48
- put in a duratrax fail-safe
- removed battery stops and added velcro straps
- roughened up the last 2" of the hull with wet and dry...

in the works
- relocating the antenna to the transom - replacing it with a deans slimline boat model... filling hole
- taking off the cowl lock and possibly putting in an on/off switch in it s place
- installing a receiver pack... i wanna try this beast on 14 cells..
- eventually getting a FM radio

i think thats about it... over the winter i may drop everything into an OM26 hull... dunno, time will tell...

anyway, what mods have you done to your boat... since i m a total newbie to this game, any suggestions / advice for my boat ??

thanks

ozboater

ozboater
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
c'mon lads :) i KNOW you blokes aren t running the thing stock..

Jeepers
06-14-2007, 01:00 AM
well I dont own an Sv but the 2 I race with have some Fullers adjustable trim tabs, spektrum radios, x 640 props, and another SV turn fin on the port side, removed the wood battery cradles, hatch lock, and thats it. oh and one of them sports some prop slashes!

Jeepers
06-14-2007, 01:08 AM
ok, i have the FE disease... looks like there is no turning back now :) ... anyway, i was wondering what mods you have done to your sv...

so far i have:
- added OSE adj. trim tabs
- added a fullers carbon turn fin
- messed with props, currently using a CF48
- put in a duratrax fail-safe
- removed battery stops and added velcro straps
- roughened up the last 2" of the hull with wet and dry...

in the works
- relocating the antenna to the transom - replacing it with a deans slimline boat model... filling hole
- taking off the cowl lock and possibly putting in an on/off switch in it s place
- installing a receiver pack... i wanna try this beast on 14 cells..
- eventually getting a FM radio

thanks

ozboater I think that the CF48 may be a little to big for that motor. I have heard that a 47mm prop is to large. i could be wrong though, how long do you run it for, how hot is the motor, esc, batteries? IF are gonna try 14 cells go smaller on that prop.

ozboater
06-14-2007, 01:17 AM
cheers jeepers.. yeah, it sure does get hot, especially the motor... the esc doesn t seem to get so toasty.. i run it for about 4 mins with some 3300s... i need to pick up a digital thermo... i might try out the cf45... a friend is doing up a x440 for me... looking forward to that...

ozboater
06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
thanks to doozie, got my left hand turn fin... mounted up today... STILL waiting for my charger from MRC.... this monday will be 4 weeks... and they have the little quote on their webpage about their excellent customer service ???$@#$^.... :mad:

revin9k
07-05-2007, 01:25 AM
just wanting to know if it was harder to trun the sv after you went to the
cf 48mm? also would a larger turn fin help with the turning? thanks

Rex R
07-05-2007, 01:44 AM
to date the only mod I've done to mine; a small left turn fin, just big enough to let me run the 1/8th mile 'M' course. the k45 had little noticiable impact on top speed but, boy does it get out of the hole. regretibly I've changed back to the stock prop.