PDA

View Full Version : villain ex over powered ?

skipskip
02-11-2009, 09:09 PM
hi every one im new to the boat world and need some help i have a villain ex
and i so far have put grouper u joints on it an some octura brass props home made water cooling kit and a custom motor mounts and a pair of kershaw revolver
970 motors and 35T stainless steel pinions and its probably to much power so i was wondering if you think i need turn fins if so how at what angle should i mount them and what happens if you over power a boat thanx for your in put tell me what u think would love to here any ideas :w00t::thumbup1:

Apples1
02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Get rid of the Villain EX ( i did ) and get something that wont fall to bits, the U joints will come apart with that much power on 12 or 14 cells,

Also thoses steerable outdrives are just too week.

Steven Vaccaro
02-12-2009, 06:41 AM
If you limit the hard turns you will have less problems with the u-joints. Turn fins will make a difference. Kershaw has some nice stuff. How fast is it will those motors?

skipskip
02-12-2009, 04:19 PM
:banana:i havent ran the boat yet i live in utah every thing is frozen i bought the villain last year because i have a emaxx and thought it would be cool to have a truck and boat with the same power plant that why i bought the villain and i like puting big motors in small things and seeing what happens the 970s peak rpm with 14 volts is 19000 so how fast do u think it will go it has a stock spure and a 35t pinion
thanks for your input

Steven Vaccaro
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
You can run some numbers at the bottom of this page.
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/conversion.htm
19k isnt much rpm, so for speed you will need higher pitched props to make use of all the torque the big motors make.

skipskip
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
i also want to build a boat that will hit 50+ what hull and setup do u recomend