PDA

View Full Version : Strut, stuffing tube question

ken webb
03-20-2022, 07:22 PM
Brand new Hobbywing 180a version3. No power from esc to receiver. What could be the problem.? Battery full charge. Receiver works with external power. All the esc does is flash red and beep.

Panther6834
03-20-2022, 08:21 PM
Did you program the ESC? Did you remember to calibrate the throttle (which is probably the cause)?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

ken webb
03-21-2022, 01:27 PM
Can not calibrate the transmitter since the receiver is not getting any power.

zooma
03-21-2022, 01:36 PM
Reversed polarity on the plug from the ESC into the receiver?

Sometimes you have to dial the throttle trim lower than the middle, for the ESC to get a signal to arm.

If it's not a Spektrum radio, the throttle throw has to be reversed at the transmitter switch.

ken webb
03-24-2022, 01:02 PM
I thought the esc was suppose to have bec. I used external power to receiver and esc now works. I'm confused. Is it ok to use external power?

fweasel
03-24-2022, 01:06 PM
Must be a problem with internal BEC. Yes, you can use external power to the receiver, but I would de-pin the red wire from the ESC to receiver plug. That must be done when the ESC's BEC is working properly and you want to use an external battery pack. Even though your BEC is not working, I still wouldn't trust the red wire being connected.

Honestly, if the ESC is new and under warranty, I would get it replaced.

ken webb
03-24-2022, 01:16 PM
Thanks. Out of warranty. HW says 90 days. I'm over on that. I will eliminate the red pin.

ken webb
03-24-2022, 02:30 PM
ESC must be bad. Retried with external power. Worked for a few seconds then stopped. Now I'll try another esc.