PDA

View Full Version : Wave Blasters of Florida 1st Invitational Race

Ken Haines
01-29-2009, 08:56 AM
The Wave Blasters of Florida Announce their Invitational Race - March 15th - The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race will be held at the WB pond on March 15th beginning at 9 AM. Racing Classes will be - SuperVee Stock - SuperVee Modified - Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) - Spec OPC - N-2 Mono - P-Mono - Q-Offshore. (see Waveblasters.org for Sv & LSH rules)The entry fee will be $10 and $5 for each additional class. All Non-NAMBA members will pay a 1 day member fee of $10 additional which goes to NAMBA. Plaques will be awarded for 3 places each class. A minimum of 4 boats required to have a class. Those wishing to participate should e-mail the the information below to WaveBlasters@comcast.net or send to Wave Blasters of Florida, Attn: Bud Johansen, 4521 S.W. Long Bay Drive, Palm City, FL 34990. A registration list will be posted through this website and updated daily. Please list your intended classes so that we can determine the amount of boats and classes to be run. The lake will be open to practice on Saturday March 14th from noon till 5pm.
Any other questions about the event can also be answered By a PM to Mike Martin or Ken Haines on this forum. This should be a lot of fun, most likely a small event, but we have a really nice pond site and this should give our club a good practice run at the future FE Nationals. Definetely check out our web-site for more details and pond location. :thumbup:
Waveblasters.org

Please submit the following info for race entry:
Name ______________________________
Street Address ______________________________
City, State, Zip ______________________________
Telephone ______________________________
Cell ______________________________
E-mail Address ______________________________

Race Classes to Enter (Indicate all that apply)
SuperVee Stock _____
SuperVee Modified _____
Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) _____
Spec OPC _____
N-2 Mono _____
P-Mono _____
Q-Offshore _____

Ken Haines
01-29-2009, 02:06 PM
test

obrien
01-29-2009, 07:13 PM
In Supervee stock are any props allowed?

thanks

mike martin
01-29-2009, 08:24 PM
stock prop in the sv stock class
modified class = any prop, turn fin , trim tabs

We have anywere from 6-12 guys that run in our stock class regularly works out good for the new guys that don,t know how to tweek props

also if you have a sv you can change props and run both classes if you want and the rest of the setup is stock

obrien
01-29-2009, 08:35 PM
In the mod class, I don't suppose I can run a hydra 120 esc can I? My SV esc crapped out on me and I haven't ordered another one yet.

mike martin
01-29-2009, 08:51 PM
In the mod class, I don't suppose I can run a hydra 120 esc can I? My SV esc crapped out on me and I haven't ordered another one yet.

sent pm

obrien
01-29-2009, 09:56 PM
thanks for the reply mike. I am looking forward to hopefully running good and having fun with you guys.

How many P-monos do you usually have?

mike martin
01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
thanks for the reply mike. I am looking forward to hopefully running good and having fun with you guys.

How many P-monos do you usually have?

5 that will run

Doug Smock
01-30-2009, 11:28 PM
5,4,3,2,1, "the first two WBoF boats are over". :lol:

Whoo Hoo :tt2:
Doug :tiphat:

mike martin
01-31-2009, 09:35 AM
5,4,3,2,1, "the first two WBoF boats are over". :lol:

Whoo Hoo :tt2:
Doug :tiphat:

are you coming to CD calling it already:blah:

Steven Vaccaro
01-31-2009, 09:57 AM
Ken will you guys run a raffle? If so I can send a couple of things.

Doug Smock
01-31-2009, 10:14 AM
are you coming to CD calling it already:blah:

:banana:Let the bench racing begin!!:banana:

Smock:beerchug:

mike martin
01-31-2009, 10:25 AM
THANKS STEVE THAT WOULD BE GREAT;;

OSE always steps up and we APPRECIATE IT:thumbup1:

THANK YOU
MIKE

mike martin
01-31-2009, 10:29 AM
:banana:Let the bench racing begin!!:banana:

Smock:beerchug:

you better put some prop on that LSH boat to run in this pond?

highndry
01-31-2009, 04:50 PM
If we get there early enough on sat can we run some?

Do you have info on decent lodging nearby?

Doug Smock
01-31-2009, 05:38 PM
you better put some prop on that LSH boat to run in this pond?

I don't need anymore speed Mr. Martin, I can drive!!:roflol:;)

Doug :popcorn2:

highndry
01-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Looking forward to see how we hackers do with the big boys....

highndry
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Dont bring anything pretty

mike martin
01-31-2009, 09:31 PM
If we get there early enough on sat can we run some?

Do you have info on decent lodging nearby?

yes The course is always set up and well have the rescue boat there sat afternoon

I,ll get lodging info posted next week . there is a camp ground 1/2 mile away also I,ll post that next week also

mike martin
01-31-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't need anymore speed Mr. Martin, I can drive!!:roflol:;)

Doug :popcorn2:

you have hard enuff time driveing strait at saws now put 5 outher boats and turns in the mix :confused2: :ohmy:

:laugh:
mike

Doug Smock
01-31-2009, 11:11 PM
you have hard enuff time driveing strait at saws now put 5 outher boats and turns in the mix

:laugh:
mike

LOL I can't argue with that, you've got me there.:zip-up:

Now where are those videos of Mike's passes.:confused2::lol:

Doug :beerchug:

RayR
02-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Looking forward to see how we hackers do with the big boys....

You are not foolin anybody Mike, you been gettin plenty of practice.

All the best,

Ray

highndry
02-01-2009, 05:12 PM
You coming Ray?

RayR
02-02-2009, 04:01 AM
You coming Ray?

Yes, Sir.

mike martin
02-04-2009, 10:21 PM
We are adding p-spec hydro to the class list
rigger 34" or under with SV, Black Jack, or ul 1 power system

mike martin
02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
The Wave Blasters of Florida Announce their Invitational Race - March 15th - The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race will be held at the WB pond on March 15th beginning at 9 AM. Racing Classes will be - SuperVee Stock - SuperVee Modified - Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) - Spec OPC - N-2 Mono - P-Mono - Q-Offshore. (see Waveblasters.org for Sv & LSH rules)The entry fee will be $10 and $5 for each additional class. All Non-NAMBA members will pay a 1 day member fee of $10 additional which goes to NAMBA. Plaques will be awarded for 3 places each class. A minimum of 4 boats required to have a class. Those wishing to participate should e-mail the the information below to WaveBlasters@comcast.net or send to Wave Blasters of Florida, Attn: Bud Johansen, 4521 S.W. Long Bay Drive, Palm City, FL 34990. A registration list will be posted through this website and updated daily. Please list your intended classes so that we can determine the amount of boats and classes to be run. The lake will be open to practice on Saturday March 14th from noon till 5pm.
Any other questions about the event can also be answered By a PM to Mike Martin or Ken Haines on this forum. This should be a lot of fun, most likely a small event, but we have a really nice pond site and this should give our club a good practice run at the future FE Nationals. Definetely check out our web-site for more details and pond location. :thumbup:
Waveblasters.org

Please submit the following info for race entry:
Name ______________________________
Telephone ______________________________

SuperVee Stock _____
SuperVee Modified _____
Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) _____
Spec OPC _____
N-2 Mono _____
P-Mono _____
Q-Offshore _____

If you Know you are please sign up just e mail info to Waveblasters@comcast.net

thanks

mike martin
02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
some Hotel info; Best Western Port St. Lucie 7900 S. US 1 PSL FL. 34952 (772)878-7600 I have some rooms blocked let them know its for RC Boat Race 85.00 a night 2 bed suite this is the best one about 4 miles away

Econo Lodge 3236 S US 1FT. Pierce FL 772-461-2323 75.00 a night the Best Western is worth the 10.00 extra 6 mile away

Savannas Recreation area and camp ground 772-464-7855 1400 E Midway RD Fort Pierce FL. 34982 very nice camp ground bring your fishing pole is about 1/2 mile away from race pond 23.00 a night

mike martin
02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
OK after talking to a few of you we will allow any speed controler in LSH , P- Spec Hydro and OPC hope this helps

also looks like some people will be pracicing most of the day sat sould make for a fun weekend

Ken Haines
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey Guys,
We have finally posted the additional spec class rules and P-Spec Power rules on the web site.
Go to Waveblasters.org (see the "News & Updates" tab)
Also as mentioned we are adding P-Spec Hydro to our race schedule.

We would ask if you already know that you are attending please send the attached application info to: Waveblasters@comcast.net
We definitely need the entries so that we can better plan the race schedule.
Your help would be greatly appreciated as we do know many definite racers yet to sign up. We have had tremendous interest so far, also lake will be open all day Saturday for practice. There are already a gang of us planning to attend that practice day. Should be a lot of fun swapping FE stories, and tuning in our boats. By the way the recent weather has been great, 70-80 degrees, thats Florida ! :thumbup:
"DON'T FORGET WE NEED YOUR ENTRY INFO"
Thanks, Ken

Wave Blasters Invitational Race - March 15th
The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race will be held at the WB pond
on March 15th beginning at 9 AM. Racing Classes will be - SuperVee
Stock - SuperVee Modified - Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) - Spec OPC -
N-2 Mono - P-Mono - Q-Offshore - P-Spec Hydro.
The entry fee will be $10 and $5 for each additional class. Non-
NAMBA members will pay a 1 day member fee of $10 additional
which goes to NAMBA. Plaques will be awarded for 3 places each
class. A minimum of 4 boats required to have a class.
Those wishing to participate should e-mail the following information
to WaveBlasters@comcast.net, Fax to 772-419-8640 or send to
Wave Blasters of Florida, Attn: Bud Johansen, 4521 S.W. Long Bay
Drive, Palm City, FL 34990. A registration list will be posted on the
Wave Blasters website and updated daily.
Name _____________________________________
Telephone _________________________
NAMBA # _________________________
SuperVee Stock / Freq. _____
SuperVee Modified / Freq. _____
Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) / Freq. _____
Spec OPC / Freq. _____
N-2 Mono / Freq. _____
P-Mono / Freq. _____
Q-Offshore / Freq. _____
P-Spec Hydro / Freq. _____
www.WaveBlasters.org

Ken Haines
02-14-2009, 08:37 PM
We have 10 racers signed up already, with a total of 30 boats entered so far. If our count is right about racers who already told us verbally that they were racing we should have at least of 20 racers. So far 4 racers outside our club have signed up: Ray Rankl, Mike Harvey, Don & Donnie Wollard. Mike Pags has made his flight reservations, and the latest news is that Doug Twaits Jr. is coming. There have been some other notable racers inquire that are still strongly considering attending. Guys even if you don't have your boats ready this is starting to shape up as an event not to miss.
The now scheduled Saturday practice should be a great chance to meet and talk to some really good racers. Also if your not from Florida and have not noticed the weather it's been in the low 80's with very little humidity perfect chamber of Commerce weather. Check out the web-site if your still debating on signing up.
Waveblasters.org
Thanks, Ken :thumbup:

obrien
02-15-2009, 12:50 AM
I just emailed my application to you guys.

Ken Haines
02-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Jeff, Thanks for the entry, Bud added you today. We had a few more Wave Blasters enter today as well.
This brings our new race total to:
14 racers, 34 boats and still growing
As stated in previous post we still have some addional racers that have told us they were definite, our hope is to grow this event to 20 plus racers. :thumbup:
Thanks, Ken

Ken Haines
02-18-2009, 01:34 PM
We now have 16 official entries with 42 boats entered.
We have also surpassed 1200 views about this race spread over 3 forums.
With 3 1/2 weeks to go we expect more racers for this event than were at the 2008 FE Nats. For all those still waiting,
we sure would like you to sign up soon so that we have everything planned. There are only 2 classes still not above the
minimum of 4 boats required. Also we will be making all heat assignments on a random draw the day of the event.
So it does not matter if you wait to sign-up, there is no strategic advantage.
See our web-site for the classes and entries at:
Waveblasters.org then go to the links tab and select the race registration list.
We have a bunch of notable racers now from all over the country.
This really is a race you will not want to miss !!

hebner
02-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I just emailed my application to you guys.

Ken Haines
02-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi Hugh,
We have received your entry it now appears on the web-site registration.
Wecome to the Wave Blasters 1st Invitational Race. I think you will really have a lot of fun.
You also just gave us enough to race Q-Offshore, I'm sure Mike Pags will be very happy to hear that.

obrien
02-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Sounds like I am going to get spanked at this event. lol

Ken Haines
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
We now have 17 official entries with 45 boats entered. This race continues to grow, I just had contact with a probable 3 additional racers. This on top of a group of our regular club racers that still has not hit the entry list yet. Maybe 20+ racers !
I will again ask all those still waiting, we sure would like you to sign up soon so that we have everything planned. There is only 1 class (P-spec OPC) still not above the minimum of 4 boats required. On another note, we will be making all heat assignments on a random draw the day of the event. So it does not matter if you wait to sign-up, there is no strategic advantage.
Waveblasters.org then go to the links tab and select the race registration list.
As previously mentioned we have a bunch of notable racers now coming from all over the country.

Ken Haines
02-24-2009, 01:03 PM
"We now have 21 official entries with 52 boats entered"
This race continues to grow, I have had contact with a half dozen potential additional racers.
A good number of our regular club racers have now signed up and we also expect a couple more.
I will again ask all those still waiting, please sign up soon so that we can have everything planned.
There is only 1 class (P-spec OPC) still not above the minimum of 4 boats required.
We have been most fortunate so far on the amount of entries, as far as we know this will be the
largest FE race of the year outside of the Nats.
As previously mentioned we have a bunch of notable racers now coming from all over the country.
The newest race addition will remain un-named at this time, but he has close to 50 combined District
and National Championships. I wonder how the Wave Blasters will stack up against all this competition?

Ken Haines
02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
"We now have 23 official entries with 56 boats entered"
This race continues to grow, I'm still waiting on replies from a few more additional racers.
A good number of our regular club racers have now signed up and we also expect a one more.
I will again ask all those still waiting, please sign up soon so that we can have everything planned.
There is only 1 class (P-spec OPC) still not above the minimum of 4 boats required.
We have been most fortunate so far on the amount of entries, the response has been terrific.
Richie Lind of Rico Racing has paired up to drive a 29" Rico mono for Ron Desmond of Fast Ron Racing.
Richie will be the 11th P-Mono signed up. Richie has dozens of gas district and national championships.
How will he match-up racing FE against Doug Twaits Jr., Mike Pags, Mike Martin, Don & Donnie Wollard,
Ray Rankl, or any of the lesser know very good FE racers ?
Class Entry Totals:
SV Stock= 8
SV Modified= 8
LSH= 13
N-2 Mono= 6
P-Mono= 11
Q-Offshore = 4
P-Spec Hydro = 5
OPC = 1
Waveblasters.org
then go to the links tab and select the race registration list.
If you have any detailed questions please send me a PM

obrien
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Ken, it looks like I may have an entry of LSH just in time for the race. Will it be a problem to add it in once I know I will be able to run it?

mike martin
02-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Ken, it looks like I may have an entry of LSH just in time for the race. Will it be a problem to add it in once I know I will be able to run it?

no it won't be a problem just let us know :thumbup:

obrien
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM
thanks

Ken Haines
03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey Guys,
We finally have an address to the property just aside of the Wave Blaster's pond site.
This will get you to the race via Map Quest or a GPS navigation system.
Here it is:
4915 Myrtle Drive
Ft Pierce, FL. 34982

The map directions are:
Take I-95 to Ft. Pierce
Exit at Midway Road and head east.
Stay on midway several miles, cross US #1
continue on Midway to Myrtle Drive.
Turn south or right onto Myrtle
Go 3 blocks till you see Palm Lake Park.

Hopefully this helps everyone get there.
Saturday practice will start about 10 am.
Sunday open water starts at 8am.
The Drivers meeting will start at 9 am.

It looks like we will have more than 25 racers and more than 60 boats.
We are still waiting on some late entries. Hopefully we can post these additional racers in the next few days.
More to updates follow,
Ken :thumbup:

Ken Haines
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Duplicate Post

Ken Haines
03-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey Guys,
Our race is quickly approaching. We will convey any thoughts or details thru this forum.
We will have 120 VAC power available for all attending. We will have tables and a canopy for our non-member guests. We will have tables for those traveling by air. For those traveling by auto, please bring tables as we have limited table space. We will be asking everyone not to pit in our normal club pavillion. As this is a larger race we would like to have that area freed up for the race directors and drivers. There are picinic table / benches under the pavillion for setting you boats etc. just prior to your heat.
We expect moderate temperatures for the race day, they are currently calling for 72 degrees and partly sunny.
We are still sitting at 23 racers and 56 boats. Still waiting on our last minute entries.

Sign-ins start at 8 am / Drivers meeting 9 am.
Our goal will be to start the drivers meeting at 9 am and start racing at 9:30 am in order to be complete with all 3 rounds by 4 to 5 pm. If we are running ahead of schedule we will stop after round 1 for a half hour lunch. Since this is our club's first larger race, I'm sure we have not thought of everything, please be patient as we will quickly resolve and unforseen issues that occur.
On behalf of our club, Mike Martin (president) and I would like to welcome you guys for what looks to be a great weekend. We hope everyone is getting race fever and are really amped up about the event. Also we have had several sponsors voluntarilly step up to the plate. I will announce them on our next race post. Please check this forum every couple of days for any additional updates. As a reminder our web-site is; Waveblasters.org to see the race entry list.
1 more week to go !!! :thumbup:
Thanks, Ken

Ken Haines
03-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Duplicate post

obrien
03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Ken will we need numbers on our boats?

Ken Haines
03-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi Jeff,
Don't worry about numbers on the boat. I did know one race organization that required it. I'm not sure why it would ever matter, it's not like you could read the number when the boats in the water. Anyway no number required for any class.
If someone reading this post can explain what the number does for the event I'm curious and would like to know. Maybe there is a good reason that we just haven't realized yet. Good question.
See you next weekend,

Ken Haines
03-08-2009, 10:51 PM
We now have 25 racers and 60 boats !!!
See Waveblasters.org click the links tab and select the race registration sheet for racers and classes.

Latest weather Report:
Saturday March 14th- 81 degrees Partly Sunny
Sunday March 15th- 80 degrees Partly Sunny

Can't get much better !!

highndry
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I think he was referring to NAMBA member #

Ken Haines
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry if I misunderstood, but don't worry about a NAMBA member number on the boats either.
Obviously we will check all your NAMBA Member cards at the sign in.
If you do not have one we will need the $10 single event race mebership fee or be able to verify the number prior to the event.
This is a sanctioned event, so we will send those fees to NAMBA immediately following the event.

sailr
03-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm coming over but don't know if I'll be able to race. Bad back! BUT I will bring some raffle prizes with me!

Jim Slaughter
Mini Cat Racing USA

sailr
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
It's in the NAMBA rules as I recall. But it is a silly requirement in my opinion.

Hi Jeff,
Don't worry about numbers on the boat. I did know one race organization that required it. I'm not sure why it would ever matter, it's not like you could read the number when the boats in the water. Anyway no number required for any class.
If someone reading this post can explain what the number does for the event I'm curious and would like to know. Maybe there is a good reason that we just haven't realized yet. Good question.
See you next weekend,

sailr
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I reserved a room at the Best Western for Saturday night. Two beds and only one of me. Willing to share the room if anybody needs one. Split the cost. PM me!

sailr
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
I will be bringing a bunch of props with me to sell. Quite a few sharpened and balanced. Look me up at the race. Prices will be right!

Jim Slaughter

Ken Haines
03-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Jim,
We will be glad to have you at the event.
Thanks, Ken :biggrin:

Ken Haines
03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
The Wave Blasters would like to sincerely thank the following people and companies for voluntarily stepping up to the plate with very appreciated door prizes to help offset some of the costs of our very first big race. None of them were solicited for this help. They all read about our race on the forums and gave us or Don Wollard a call wanting to know if they could help. What great gestures, this says a lot about the state of our current FE community, especially considering the economy.
Below is a list in alphabetical order;
Astec Models and Electronics: Thanks to Allan Shillitto
Flight Power / Marine Power: Thanks to Steve Rogers
Kintec Racing.com: Thanks to Jan Kinley
Offshore Electrics: Thanks to Steven Vaccaro
Rum Runner Hobbies: Thanks to Doug Twaits
Rum Runner Racing: Thanks to Don Wollard
South River RC: Thanks to Jim Williams

The club would be remise if we did not thank the company’s that helped us have a successful picnic this past fall.
Castle Creations: Thanks to Joe Ford
RC Lipos: Thanks to Pat

Things are really going well as we ready for this event and the weather looks phenomenal. Hopefully everyone is getting their boats tuned and ready as well !!
More updates to follow.

RayR
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Ken/Mike,

Next year, gotta rename it the FE SpringNats!

All the best,

Ray

sailr
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Don't forget us! I left a post earlier saying I would be bringing prizes too!

Mini Cat Racing USA www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim Slaughter

The Wave Blasters would like to sincerely thank the following people and companies for voluntarily stepping up to the plate with very appreciated door prizes to help offset some of the costs of our very first big race. None of them were solicited for this help. They all read about our race on the forums and gave us or Don Wollard a call wanting to know if they could help. What great gestures, this says a lot about the state of our current FE community, especially considering the economy.

The club would be remise if we did not thank the company’s that helped us have a successful picnic this past fall.

Things are really going well as we ready for this event and the weather looks phenomenal. Hopefully everyone is getting their boats tuned and ready as well !!
More updates to follow.

sailr
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks Ken. I'm looking forward to it!!

Hi Jim,
We will be glad to have you at the event.
Thanks, Ken :biggrin:

obrien
03-10-2009, 08:53 PM
If my P-mono and Sv run as well as they did last friday, I should be somewhat competitive, but I quess that really depends on how fast everyone else is. lol

mike martin
03-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't forget us! I left a post earlier saying I would be bringing prizes too!

Mini Cat Racing USA www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim Slaughter

Yes THANK YOU MINI CAT RACING sorry about that Jim Ken miised that post

mike martin
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
OK looks like heats will run as follows

sv stock
sv stock
p-spec hydro
sv mod
sv mod
lsh
lsh
lsh
n-2 mono
p-mono
p-mono
p-mono
Q-offshore

subject to change just trying to give you a idea looking at 13 heats for 3 rounds should be finnished up around 4:00 thats what were shooting for:thumbup1:

Steven Vaccaro
03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Did you guys receive my package yet?

Ken Haines
03-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Hey Steve,
Yes we sure did receive your package, thanks a million. As I stated in an earlier post, all the support is very much appreciated by our club. This will certainly help cover some of the shortages on costs for this race. Maybe next year if we plan further ahead we may be able to get you to travel down here for the race.
Take Care,

Ken Haines
03-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ken Haines
Mini Cat Racing USA: Thanks Jim Slaughter

More updates to follow.

Steven Vaccaro
03-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Hey Steve,
Yes we sure did receive your package, thanks a million. As I stated in an earlier post, all the support is very much appreciated by our club. This will certainly help cover some of the shortages on costs for this race. Maybe next year if we plan further ahead we may be able to get you to travel down here for the race.
Take Care,

Thats good news. I was just worrying that it may not get there in time.

bustitup
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm getting excited..this will be my first FE boat race...cant wait

mike martin
03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
WE did get a permit for one of our club members (Rick Workman) to stay the night at the pond for security so we can set up the pit areas ect.

The gen will be there around 10;00 sat sunday morning we will not be able to fire up any generators untill 9:00 sunday morning so make sure you have everthing charged or use the car battery to charge

we will have a vender there on sunday for food and drinks

See you in a few days
Mike

sailr
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Can we bring our own generators? Just can't start them up before 9a.m. on Sunday? Correct?

WE did get a permit for one of our club members (Rick Workman) to stay the night at the pond for security so we can set up the pit areas ect.

The gen will be there around 10;00 sat sunday morning we will not be able to fire up any generators untill 9:00 sunday morning so make sure you have everthing charged or use the car battery to charge

we will have a vender there on sunday for food and drinks

See you in a few days
Mike

Ken Haines
03-13-2009, 01:45 AM
We are providing power for noise reasons. We would prefer everyone use our power. You will need extension cords. Our Pond is in a neighborhood park , the last thing we need is to upset a neighbor over aloud generator and then eventually loose our lease on the pond. Please help us with this.
Thanks, Ken Haines :thumbup:

sailr
03-13-2009, 08:00 AM
No problem Ken! I'm glad I asked the question. Can't remember the last time I went to a race that there weren't a bunch of generators running. I'll leave mine at home!!

We are providing power for noise reasons. We would prefer everyone use our power. You will need extension cords. Our Pond is in a neighborhood park , the last thing we need is to upset a neighbor over aloud generator and then eventually loose our lease on the pond. Please help us with this.
Thanks, Ken Haines :thumbup:

hebner
03-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Just checked in at Best Western nice room, heading down to race site now to check out course. See you all at the race.
Hugh

sailr
03-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Hugh, ask around if anyone wants to share a room. I've got one all to myself at the Best Western right now. Willing to split the cost. I'll be in there around noonish tomorrow. Mike and Jeff probably about the same. What's your room number?

Jim

hebner
03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Room 125-S. I went by the race site about 6:30 didn't see any of the racers. I probably will go to lake about 10:00 in the morning. See you there.
Hugh

mike martin
03-13-2009, 08:23 PM
well be there around 7:30 am to do some course work do you need directions to the tiki bar

hebner
03-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes will be looking for tiki bar tommorow afternoon!

Doug Smock
03-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Good luck fellas, I wish I could be there!!!!:crying:

Doug :beerchug:

highndry
03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Tiki Bar?? I knew there was a reason why I'm going through this suffering........

hebner
03-13-2009, 09:15 PM
You know you love soldering connectors on batteries during happy hour on Friday nite.

sailr
03-13-2009, 11:09 PM
OK Hugh, see you tomorrow!

sailr
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
All I can say is WOW!

The Waveblasters did a FANTASTIC job of putting on the meet! First class organization. This was the first ever sanctioned meet they had put on and all I can say is there are a lot of boat clubs that have done tons of meets that could learn from the Waveblasters.

Everything went off like clockwork! There were 28 registered boaters and somewhere around 60 boats running in a bunch of classes. People came from as far away as New York all the way to Sunny south Florida. Ken Haines and his lovely wife hosted everybody that wanted to come, at his beautiful home on Saturday night. You oughta see his game room! Fun had by all. THANKS KEN!

The Waveblasters is a first class club made up of a bunch of first class people! If you ever get a chance to visit them or attend an event at their site be sure to do so. This was my first visit but it won't be my last!

Thanks Ken, Mike, et al. You guys are THE BEST! I had a blast.
Jim Slaughter

highndry
03-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Awesome job guys. A seamless, well organized event and worth the rip from Tampa. Thanks again.

Mike

highndry
03-16-2009, 10:43 AM
trip

Ken Haines
03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Sunday – March 15th, 2009

Here is the latest from the WAVE BLASTERS of FLORIDA
Fast Electric News – SPECIAL RACE NEWS EDITION - The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race was held this weekend at our regular pond site under fantastic weather conditions and a super turnout with 26 boaters competing in 7 classes with 67 boats.

Most of Saturday was spent on last minute details of site preparation, registering boaters, and lots of practice runs and fine tuning. Sunday morning started bright and early with final registration and the drivers meeting. Racing began approximately 9:30 AM, a break for lunch after the first round and then two more rounds of racing ending at 5:30 PM. A long and busy day but everybody seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves.

Photos will be added here but wanted to get the Race Results posted as soon as possible. Be sure and check back daily for new additions.

Below are the trophy winners in each class. Winner photos also to follow.
(see our web-site) Waveblasters.org
Bud Johansen

SV Stock
1st - Paul Mainville - Port St. Lucie, FL
2nd - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
3rd - Phil Hale - Ft. Pierce, FL

SV Modified
1st - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
2nd - Terry Cowger - Port St. Lucie, FL
3rd - Jason Sims - Daytona Beach, FL

LSH (Limited Sport Hydro)
1st - Doug Twaits - Dingsmans Ferry, PA
2nd - Mike Paganelli - Rye Brook, NY
3rd - Hugh Ebner - Lakeland, FL

P-Spec Hydro
2nd - Mike Martin - Ft. Pierce, FL
3rd - Mike Paganelli - Rye Brook, NY

N-2 Mono
1st - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
2nd - Doug Twaits - Dingsmans Ferry, PA
3rd - Ron Desmond - Ft. Pierce, FL

P-Mono
2nd - Mike Harvey - Lutz, FL
3rd - Terry Cowger - Port St. Lucie, FL

Q-Offshore
1st - Mike Paganelli - Rye Brook, NY
2nd - Ken Haines - Stuart, FL
3rd - Mike Harvey - Lutz, FL

We are really glad to hear so many of you had a great time and are grateful for the replies people have written.
Thanks to everyone for coming and everyone's patience through-out the weekend.
Please also give us feedback on whether you think we could host the 2010 FE Nats. at the same pond site.
Thanks Again,

sailr
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
2010 FE nats? Yes! I'm in!

obrien
03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
You should absolutely host the Nats. You guys have a great location! I agree with everyone else, you guys did a great job with the race. I really enjoyed talking with different people and learning a little bit from the more experienced guys. Its nice when people are willing to help each other. Now I just have to finish more races next time.

bustitup
03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
yes I was impressed the first time I checked the WB pond out.....nice shady grounds with a surreal atmosphere

I showed up on Sunday to check a few heats....this was my first time attending a FE boat race and the first thing that amazed me was how the poor guys that either wrecked or just quit for some reason had to wait for the heat to be over before they got rescued...its pretty logical but never realized that's how its done....hopfully I will enter the race next time

Ken Haines
03-21-2009, 07:42 PM
This is the Wave Blasters final "Thank You" to everyone that helped make our first big race so very successful. First a big thank you to all the sponsors that donated prizes for the raffle and in turn kept the race financially in the black. These sponsors all voluteered there support just by viewing these posts. What a really impressive show of support for FE. I will simply list all of them in alphabetical order:
Aeromarine boat hulls: Thanks to Remy Haynes
Mini Cat Racing USA: Thanks Jim Slaughter

We would also like to thank all the racers who traveled to our race, without all these guys it would have been just another club race. A special thanks to Doug Twaits and Mike Paganelli who came all the way from Pennsylvania and New York.
Pete Forcier, Mike Harvey, Hugh Hebner, Mike Paganelli, Ray Rankl, Jason Sims, Jim Slaughter, Ray Rankl, Scott Tillotson, Doug Twaits, Jeff Westbrook, & Don Wollard

We would be remiss if we did not thank our own Wave Blasters club racers who did well competing in most cases in their very first non-club race.
Albert Cline, Terry Cowger, Ron Desmond, Ken Haines, Phil Hale, Glenn Howell, David Johnston, Jeff Mainville, Paul Mainville, Mike Martin, Richard Place, Robert Place, Carl Slater, Bill Tripp, Rick Workman.

We need to thank the following club members who did not race, but helped run this race.
Bud Johansen
GB Robbins
Al Cline Sr.
Marty Ehrman

Also special Thanks to Rick Workman for staying overnight as security for the pond site on Saturday night. We need to thank the whole club who did a phenominal job in the set-up and tear down off all the equipment at the pond.

Unfortunately I'm sure I inadvertantly missed someone, please do not think that all involved were not appreciated, they truly are.
We beleive this race went very well, we had almost no negative feedback. We hope this has gotten us ready to host the 2010 FE Nats. After talking to all who attended we are reconsidering using our regular pond. Initially we thought it was a little too small, but unless we heard wrong the racers from out of town felt it was just fine. Please let us know if anyone does think we need to find a larger pond for the Nats. There are some others available, but our regular site does have very good wind resistance, and seldom do we have too rough of water to have a good race.
Again, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all who helped and attended !!
We are going to list the full final results of all the entries on the web-site in the next couple of days.
See Waveblasters.org and go to the race results link on the updates tab. I'm always curious myself where I finished when I travel, especially if I did not place 1st,2nd or 3rd, so we thought we should make a full listing.
This post is already way too long, but I must add that hopefully we all support Terry Davis and the Michigan club at this years FE Nats in September. We hope to host in 2010 and would really like to have everyone travel to Florida !!
Thanks Again, Ken :thumbup:

highndry
03-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks again for an awesome job. You're organization skills and consideration of the FE challenges should serve as a template for those that follow. Regarding your ability and your venue for hosting a national event ( in my opinion), you are ready. Sign our group up for the next event.

Mike

sailr
03-22-2009, 08:08 AM
By all means regarding the 2010 FE Nats! Your current site is perfect! I love the 1/8 mile oval format. Much easier to see the turns than the larger courses! These OLD eyes need all the help they can get!