PDA

View Full Version : Mike Z. to race at WW V !

properchopper
01-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow ! just checked the entry list again to see just how outclassed I'll be. The LSH class now has a Mike Z [ no doubt with a UL-1] as an entrant ! Also in P-Spec OPC ! { VS-1 no doubt}. Grim, you pulled it off !:buttrock:

Grimracer
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Prop,

Im looking forward to the race. Just to get away from IL :help: will be worth the trip.

I hope I can get my boats to speed. Our water opens (typically) about the end of feb around here so I might get some test time in.. we will have to see.

Looking forward to meeting and racing with everybody.

Grimracer

Now.. what is the altitude at the pond?:rofl:

Darin Jordan
01-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Now.. what is the altitude at the pond?:rofl:

Don't forget to bring your air-density meter! :tt2:

I'm still looking to see if I can swing getting there myself... FUN in the SUN with buds!!

Bill-SOCAL
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Mike - The pond is 1,187 feet above mean sea level

33 deg 27.171 minutes North Latitude -111 deg 54.761 minutes West longitude

NW corner of the intersection of McKellips Road and Hayden Road/McClintock Drive.

Less than 6 miles from Sky Harbor Airport.

Also, are any of the Hobbico gang coming out to the Electric Flight Expo the same weekend??

http://www.EFExpo.com

This is held in the University of Phoenix (Cardinals) football stadium in west Phoenix. I'm going to try to do a 2-fer that weekend. Frank has "suggested" that maybe I should go to an airplane event or two this year, he's getting tired of seeing the boat events on the Team reports we have to give him each month!! So I may have to bail on Sunday and catch some time at the airplane event on the way out of town back to SOCAL.

Bill-SOCAL
01-29-2009, 10:56 AM
FUN in the SUN with buds!!

Corona is the preferred brew down here!! :doh:

Darin Jordan
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Corona is the preferred brew down here!! :doh:

I think I'll have to bring my own Mack & Jacks then... :beerchug:

Or just say screw it and bring a bottle of Knob Creek... :cool2:

properchopper
01-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Anyone [you know who you are] that's driving down from "up north" that needs to layover in L.A on the way to Phoenix can crash at my pad. Could swing some RV parking as well :wink:

DPeterson
01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
What Mike dosen't realize yet is that we are going to make him race a straight out of the box UL1 with no tweaks while also spotting us 1/2 lap. Should even up things a little.:just-kidding:

Looking forward to the event.

Doug

Rex R
01-30-2009, 02:00 AM
LOL my 1st thought was; you're gonna have Mike shipped to AZ in a box? ;)...then I re-read your post(missed that 'a' the 1st time). :-)
rex

Grimracer
01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Doug.. I have your Speed Master Bushing I owe you.. hahah been a few year but I refuse to forget..

See ya at the race.

Grim