PDA

View Full Version : WiFi help

dasboata
01-20-2021, 10:58 PM
If I can watch my home camera on my phone , can I hook up a remote Monitor using WiFi signal thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panther6834
01-21-2021, 01:18 AM
Yes...and no. It depends on several things - technology the camera is using, whether (or not) a base (or hub, or NVR) is part of the configuration, and (sometimes) even brand.

The thing is, in almost any of these, you'll still need a computer. The exception is if you're running an NVR-based system (Swann, Lorex, Night Owl, etc), as most NVRs have built-in video output (typically via HDMI). If running a PoE-based system, you would already have it connected to a computer.

Unfortunately, if you're running a typical consumer-specific cameras, such as Logitech Circle, Google Nest cameras, Arlo cameras, etc, I'm not aware of any possible way of doing what you want...with a slight "exception", which, again, needs a computer...as you'd need to have a browser window at your camera's account. Although, most of those types of accounts automatically log you out after a specific period of time.

Not the answer(s) you were looking for, I'm certain...but, rather give you the truth is than have you keep your hopes up.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

dasboata
01-21-2021, 08:10 AM
OK thanks it's a Lorex looks like I will have to hard wire it thanks

fweasel
01-21-2021, 05:28 PM
Chris, that older Lorex analog DVR likely uses composite video (BNC or RCA connection) or just a VGA monitor output. An HDMI connection is possibly, but highly unlikely. Yes, you'll need to run the appropriate wire to the monitor.

Or, connect an inexpensive computer to the monitor and view the cameras from the web browser address of the DVR itself. You'd obviously need a network connection to that computer, WiFi or hardwired.

dasboata
01-24-2021, 11:00 PM
Chris, that older Lorex analog DVR likely uses composite video (BNC or RCA connection) or just a VGA monitor output. An HDMI connection is possibly, but highly unlikely. Yes, you'll need to run the appropriate wire to the monitor.

Or, connect an inexpensive computer to the monitor and view the cameras from the web browser address of the DVR itself. You'd obviously need a network connection to that computer, WiFi or hardwired.

it's pretty new HDD thanks Ryan !!