PDA

View Full Version : M41 upgrade

Bishab
01-04-2021, 08:06 PM
I did some upgrades to both my m41 and my sons Spartan. I run into some problems with the OSE parts and want everyone to be aware. I did dual pickup rudders on both and the had flex cable upgrade kits. And a couple more parts that were not OSE. The ose rudder holes where the steering linkage were to small for the factory bolt from the original so I had to drill out the hole for both boats on the new rudders. The hd flex cable kit for the Spartan was great. No issues. On the Spartan the stuffing tube does not go into the drive strut like it does on the m41. On the upgrade for the m41 the hole in the back of the drive strut is to small for the stuffing tube to fit in it like the factory strut. I emailed OSE and told them of the issue a d they want me to mail them back the defective items at my expense so they can determine if they are defective or not. I already drilled the holes larger in the rudder linkage. I also drilled out the rear of the strut because I already had everything else in and was ready to use it. All I want is them to send me a correct strut. It?s not rot for their error to be at my expense. Just wanting people to be aware of the situation.

dasboata
01-04-2021, 10:43 PM
I did some upgrades to both my m41 and my sons Spartan. I run into some problems with the OSE parts and want everyone to be aware. I did dual pickup rudders on both and the had flex cable upgrade kits. And a couple more parts that were not OSE. The ose rudder holes where the steering linkage were to small for the factory bolt from the original so I had to drill out the hole for both boats on the new rudders. The hd flex cable kit for the Spartan was great. No issues. On the Spartan the stuffing tube does not go into the drive strut like it does on the m41. On the upgrade for the m41 the hole in the back of the drive strut is to small for the stuffing tube to fit in it like the factory strut. I emailed OSE and told them of the issue a d they want me to mail them back the defective items at my expense so they can determine if they are defective or not. I already drilled the holes larger in the rudder linkage. I also drilled out the rear of the strut because I already had everything else in and was ready to use it. All I want is them to send me a correct strut. It?s not rot for their error to be at my expense. Just wanting people to be aware of the situation.

Dude man 2nd post and your going to make it sound like OSE sold you wrong parts or bad parts or bad customer service ,,stop being a pussy because everyone reading this thinks your a jerk now !! & besides you don?t drill out the strut you neck down the stuffing tube

Bishab
01-05-2021, 06:58 AM
Dude man 2nd post and your going to make it sound like OSE sold you wrong parts or bad parts or bad customer service ,,stop being a pussy because everyone reading this thinks your a jerk now !! & besides you don?t drill out the strut you neck down the stuffing tube

Way to drink the juice lib fan boy. The parts are correct but not milled out enough. I made the rudders work on my own. They need to have some quality control checks on the products. They could just send me a new strut with the correct size hole and all would be good. Instead they want me to pay to send it back so they can deem it defective. There?s no denying it because the stuffing tube should go into the strut on the m41. It does not. I should not have had this many issues with their products. All of the hr parts were fine.

dasboata
01-05-2021, 09:17 AM
the stuffing tube should be necked down with the next smaller tube and soldered into the stuffing box that goes into the back of the strut not drilled! chance are you ruined the strut which still has to hold at least 2 bushing to hold the prop stub shaft !!

Bishab
01-05-2021, 03:46 PM
the stuffing tube should be necked down with the next smaller tube and soldered into the stuffing box that goes into the back of the strut not drilled! chance are you ruined the strut which still has to hold at least 2 bushing to hold the prop stub shaft !!

I ordered the entire kit. It specifically says ? -Upgrade your Traxxas M41 Cat to a much stronger 3/16" (.187", 4.75mm) cable and shaft system.
-Works in the stock Traxxas Stuffing tube.? The stick stuffing tube fits in the original. On the m41 with the upgrade you still use the oem stuffing tube but pull out the Teflon liner. The strut that came with my kit was anodized blue inside in the rear hole. It would not fit back over the stuffing tube. I will just eat it and order another strut and then if it fits that will prove the original one sent out was defective.

properchopper
01-05-2021, 05:31 PM
Hello and welcome to OSE.
I found this thread and thought I'd butt in just to see if my input could be enlightening. Before I go further I need to get off my chest the fact that Steven V. at OSE is probably one, if not the BEST vendor of anything anywhere. Any of us old guys that have been around here since the early days can verify that and stand up for him. He'll make things right to the best of his ability. One thing 'tho is that in this hobby, like cars, motorcycles and just about anything else that gets upgraded or repaired is at the mercy of the "things that should fit together often don't " situation. Simple "bolt-ons" refuse to cooperate and I can fully understand your consternation. Given that Steven's store, which carries copious parts puts him at the mercy of the manufacturers he buys from and often needs to trust their specs. Some of us prefer parts to go "push-pull / click-click," others like myself enjoy customizing stuff to solve these issues. It's all good. My best friend and riding partner builds old-school choppers from parts catalogs and if we break down on the road he can find a bike shop and buy a part to replace what gave up the ghost. If my bike breaks down I need a full machine shop to re-fab most of what my scoot consists of 'cause I designed and built most of my ride from ideas in my head.
Every custom FE boat I've built for my clients has a fair amount of off-the-shelf parts but most all are specially modded for better fitment / performance. Some examples :

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?27529-Going-Insane-at-RCBOATBUILD

If you have trouble getting stuff to work as desired I'll make them right at no charge - just get them to me at my shop in L.A. and I'll ship them back at my expense when I'm done.(no hulls) It's good to see that you have a nice Father/Son model boating hobby going. It gets better all the time and you'll find tons of info right here along with some cool peeps.
Rock On,:thumbup1:
Tony / rcboatbuild@hotmail.com

Bishab
01-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it but I?m just gonna order another one and see if it fits. It?s just aggravating when all of the hot racing parts fit without a problem and 3 of the 4 OSE made items had figment issues. I read a lot about the quality before I purchased and then was disappointed so it got me worked up. Again thanks for the offer on wanting to fix the parts. Have a good night.