PDA

View Full Version : Idiots

ice329
01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Steve or board moderators, Wondering if we should make a black list or something for idiots who write question after question with senseless PM's, posts and emails. Looking to odviously ruin the board or bust members chops. Joey

tylerm
01-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Jeee i wonder who were talkin bout here?
Makin a fool of themselves today, and calling out others tomorrow:thumbup1:
Its been happnin long enough:zip-up:

:hide::popcorn2::hide:

andym
01-23-2009, 05:34 AM
Ok guys you can black list me, remove my privaliges and whip me daily but I will always be an idiot!

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Ok guys you can black list me, remove my privaliges and whip me daily but I will always be an idiot!

Who am I to argue with that?
I could enjoy a daily whipping myself Andy but will they wear black leathers with nice chrome studs?

Meniscus
01-23-2009, 08:00 AM
There are all types. I'm not 100% sure who we are referring to here, but I have the following to say:

You may not like all of the posts. In fact, it is almost guaranteed that you won't. But, I ask a lot of questions that may seem meaningless to others, however there are meaningful to me.

There are several members that have quit coming to the OSE site all together because of hostility. This is what saddens me. Of course there's going to be conflict and excessive PM is inappropriate. I don't approve of what I would refer to as heckling from any party. But, who is anyone to make the determination that an expression or a post on the forum is senseless?

Last, I'll say this. Have you ever considered that by acknowledging and expressing disgust directed towards another member may satisfy their objective, need, and may encourage the behavior in the future.

Now, I'm not taking sides, especially since I don't know the parties involved. Nor is it my place to make a judgment. My opinion? I do not agree with trying to limit anyone's expression or posts because I may not approve. I do agree with limiting PM's coming to my box from users who abuse the privileged.

So there's my input. That and a $1.34 will get you a coffee refill! :beerchug:

egneg
01-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Who am I to argue with that?
I could enjoy a daily whipping myself Andy but will they wear black leathers with nice chrome studs?

I have talked to my close friend Roger and he said he would be happy to do it at no charge.

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 08:39 AM
I have talked to my close friend Roger and he said he would be happy to do it at no charge.

Wow. Give Roger my number please Chuck....

1 8000 ANDYM 4U

Steven Vaccaro
01-23-2009, 10:50 AM
People leaving is uncontrollable. Its going to happen, people come and go for all kinds of reasons.

The best thing to do, is to pm me the details of whats going on.

I find the best fix to busting their chops, is to NOT acknowledge or read their pm's at all.

Dr. Jet
01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I frequently receive a bunch of PMs from one or two individuals, asking a lot of "basic" questions. While it is sometimes distracting to answer what seems to be relatively simple questions, I just take it as part of the territory. I don't mind answering these endless emails too much, although my answers are often brief at best.

I look at it as helping the new guys out. If it gets out of control, I believe the site has an "ignore" feature that you can employ.

Meniscus
01-23-2009, 11:20 AM
I find the best fix to busting their chops, is to NOT acknowledge or read their pm's at all.

What he said, LOL

Meniscus
01-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Are we going to see this guy at the pond? Sorry, I just wanted heads up.

LMAO

Flying Scotsman
01-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Chuck, Roger is so cool.
I think he would be a hit in New Zealand.

Douggie

AndyKunz
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
The sheep would probably welcome his presence.

Andy

Flying Scotsman
01-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Andy, we have to be carefull here as the young studs in New Zealand may not get the humour. Now, Aussies understand off colour humour and are more cultured than most Kiwis but that is after they have had at least conquered 4 Sheillas, drank copious adult beverages and state all poms are bas....s

Douggie

ice329
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I was not tryin to start wars... I love to help new people. I would even go as far as to loose or give something away to help someone but there is a point when your chops are being busted on the boards or in private. I would like to see some kind of private complaint person or section, who can act if say someone gets two or three complaints. Because there are definatly people out to ruin something when it is good. Or there kids who need to grow up either way they should not be allowed to run wild. Traxxas had to ban all non payed ID's because of it. It stinks because I use yahoo and they cant let me join because of the bashers. Well anyway back to having fun with the boats. (-:

Flying Scotsman
01-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Joey, your points are valid and some people do not understand that they might hurt a persons feelings with a response that is not comprehended correctly. This is easy to fix...state on the next post...this is what I meant. When humour comes in to the equation all bets are off, as some people can not take a ribbing and see the funny side of their response.

The Good Douggie

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Joey, your points are valid and some people do not understand that they might hurt a persons feelings with a response that is not comprehended correctly. This is easy to fix...state on the next post...this is what I meant. When humour comes in to the equation all bets are off, as some people can not take a ribbing and see the funny side of their response.

The Good Douggie

Joey, all that Douggie and the others have told you is correct. Do not take things so serious. There are all kinds of people on here. I have seen Jay Turner give people some of the best advice in the world and they will go and do exactly the opposite of what he told them. Many people here ask for help and then totally ignore the good advice that has been given to them. When it comes to advice remember the old saying about taking a horse to water but not being able to make him drink. Even if people do not take your advice there are others that will read it later and they will listen.
Sometimes people find it hard to communicate in text exactly what they mean.
When it comes to humor no one gets more stick than Andym on this forum (I make sure of that) but Andy never loses his cool. Mind you he has been known to telephone me at 3am and ask me if I need to go to the toilet.
Just remember if people have a problem with you it is not your problem, it is theirs.
This forum is about boats and people. It is easier to change the setup of a boat than the setup of a person. Listen to good advice, give the best advice you can, do not lose your cool and enjoy. Remember it is like a TV and you only have to look at the bits you want to. We are mostly people with the same goal (to make our boats go fast) but we are going down many paths to reach that goal.

Flying Scotsman
01-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Paddy, very eloquent and on the button, apart from Andym, as he just meet Wee Dave. It was not pretty, according to my source. He has a broken nose and a tattoo of I love haggis on his forehead.

Douggie

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Paddy, very eloquent and on the button, apart from Andym, as he just meet Wee Dave. It was not pretty, according to my source. He has a broken nose and a tattoo of I love haggis on his forehead.

Douggie

LOL. Douggie when it comes to humor, you are one of the shining lights on here.
It looks like Chucks friend has missed out and the Haggis has won Andy's heart. I hope this romance will not slow Andy's progress on his new sport 40. Maybe he will build it with 3 prop shafts all of different lengths so it will go in circles on water like the Haggis does on land. The only problem I see there is if he makes it go too fast it will disappear up its own stuffing tubes.

Chuck, Meniscus seems a little interested in Roger.

ice329
01-23-2009, 05:09 PM
You guys think I am critical of wize ass remarks.. half the time i never read them. What I am talking about is differnt. what if someone claimes there from a differnt country and ask you 50 times to sell them your boat, after the second time its sort of harrassment. So after a dozen times you finally say screw it, give me your zip. You go threw all the crap along with 50 more questions and back out on the offer. then want you to reoffer it and go threw the same crap questions all over again. I know people and I know when someone is stupid and just dont understand, I knnow when is busting balls. I see the same person asked several other people for a boat. I wonder if they got the same crap. My point is IF there is a bad egg we should not just allow it. This guy your talking about andy.. i have not one problem with but then I never read any of his posts. well anyway I am not taking it serious. I believe it has stopped but that dont make it right. I would hate to think I would need to leave a board like this because there are a few bad eggs.

Flying Scotsman
01-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Joey, you do not get it Paddy and myself love Andym. He knows FE boating and has a huge sense of HUMOUR.
Douggie

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
You guys think I am critical of wize ass remarks.. half the time i never read them. What I am talking about is differnt. what if someone claimes there from a differnt country and ask you 50 times to sell them your boat, after the second time its sort of harrassment. So after a dozen times you finally say screw it, give me your zip. You go threw all the crap along with 50 more questions and back out on the offer. then want you to reoffer it and go threw the same crap questions all over again. I know people and I know when someone is stupid and just dont understand, I knnow when is busting balls. I see the same person asked several other people for a boat. I wonder if they got the same crap. My point is IF there is a bad egg we should not just allow it. This guy your talking about andy.. i have not one problem with but then I never read any of his posts. well anyway I am not taking it serious. I believe it has stopped but that dont make it right. I would hate to think I would need to leave a board like this because there are a few bad eggs.

You are letting this guy take charge of matters. Let your no, mean no. Tell him once and if he does not listen tell him that you gave him your answer and it will not change. After that just ignore his requests. That way you are your own boss and he is not taking charge of the situation.
As Andym said in his post you can put people on black lists but they will still be idiots.
Steven pointed out that ignoring people is often the best thing to change behaviour.
In the big picture of your life this guy is not important so stay cool and do not let him spoil your day.

andym
01-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Well guy's and girl's I see you have all been busy whilst I was loving my Haggis! In the interest of BOATING and the sad lack of it I will endevour to start a build thread on my sport 40. As I am rather busy this week end I will start this on Monday, please feel free to insult and denograte my efforts as I find that even misdirected critisism can be useful. As far as the unwanted PM's go cant you block a mamber from your PM addy? If not put the price of the boat in question up in price to the point it would be mad to buy it and madder still not to sell to them. I believe we call it paying for the privilage of being a PAIN in the ARSE.

Flying Scotsman
01-23-2009, 06:18 PM
My Hero...sorry Paddy

Douggie

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
My Hero...sorry Paddy

Douggie

:iagree: After all that Haggis loving he can still come up with the best ideas.
Andy you are a genius.

Douggie no need to be sorry. I like the idea of making people pay for being a pain in the a$$.

Joey you have your answer next time this guy calls. I think $5,000 is a reasonable price for that boat. :biggrin:

All hail Andym :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

tylerm
01-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Joey whosebad, i was thinking of something completely different.
As for your "foreign" problem, it seems some good advice has come from the ozzies for once:eek::tongue_smilie:
As for Roger, you'd have to be in a very funny part of NZ for him to be a hit:tape:
And as for the culture remark Douggie, im not getting into one of those debates:hide:

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Joey whosebad, i was thinking of something completely different.
As for your "foreign" problem, it seems some good advice has come from the ozzies for once:eek::tongue_smilie:
As for Roger, you'd have to be in a very funny part of NZ for him to be a hit:tape:
And as for the culture remark Douggie, im not getting into one of those debates:hide:

OMG and I always thought you were "Mr. Niceguy" Tyler.
I feel so unloved :crying:

tylerm
01-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Sorry Paddy, i'll go offend the rest of oz just for you, by saying that all tasmanian people are excluded from that statement. great more people offended:help:

Xzessperated
01-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry Paddy, i'll go offend the rest of oz just for you, by saying that all tasmanian people are excluded from that statement. great more people offended:help:

LOL. I hope you did not think I was serious Tyler.
There is a lot of teasing back and forth across the Tasman as you know but we know you are good neighbours and you play football like men possessed.

tylerm
01-23-2009, 10:11 PM
LOL no Paddy i know i know.
I don't use enough smileys often enough:doh:

Meniscus
01-24-2009, 08:28 AM
The Good Douggie

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! LMAO ROTFL

Chuck, Meniscus seems a little interested in Roger.

That is correct, I admit it! I am interested in making sure I'm not at the pond when Roger is there. Hey wait a second, there seems to be a resemblance. Chuck? Is this one of your cousins?