PDA

View Full Version : TFL Pursuit dimensions

Panther6834
06-15-2020, 08:50 PM
Can someone please provide me with accurate dimensions? I've ordered the Pursuit, and would like to get the carrier ordered, preferably before the boat ships. What I need are the true (ie. not just the hull) dimensions - from the front of the bow, to the rear-most point of the rudder or prop shaft (whichever is furthest back); from the top of the canopy, to the bottom of the rudder; and, the beam.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Peter A
06-16-2020, 03:22 PM
Wouldn't the size of the box it comes in be more relevant? Ask the supplier/seller for the sizes? Doesn't the seller deal with the shipping?

Panther6834
06-16-2020, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't the size of the box it comes in be more relevant? Ask the supplier/seller for the sizes? Doesn't the seller deal with the shipping?Honestly, I don't know. While I usually order from Steve, since I couldn't get the exact configuration I wanted, I ordered from Sandy (TFL North America), instead. Thankfully, I do know the width/beam...just need overall length & height.

I don't know if TFL will ship directly to me...or, if they'll ship to TFL N.A., and then Sandy would ship to me. I did ask Sandy, but he doesn't have any on-hand to measure, so the best he could do was gone me a rough estimate.

As for the box dimensions, that's the "box", not the "boat". I have no idea how thick the styrofoam (from box edge, to bow, and from box edge, to rear of rudder/shaft) is. Besides, even if the styrofoam thickness were known, that probably wouldn't help, as I'm assuming it's shipped without the rudder assembly attached (that's how my Skater X2 came...I had to do final assembly). Additionally, I don't even know how long the rudder assembly is. My SonicWake (36" hull) has a 4" long ride assembly, yet my shorter Skater X2 (32" hull) has a 6.5" long rudder assembly. Also, in regards to the overall height, I don't know how tall the rudder is.

I know that the hull is 32.28" (820mm). Being a mono, the rudder assembly will, obviously, be longer than the prop shaft. Unfortunately, not knowing it's length (could be as shower as 4", or as long as 7") is what's causing the problem. If someone knew the exact length of the rudder assembly, then I could determine the overall length. Of course, of someone knows the rudder assembly's length, them they probably own a Pursuit, and could just state the overall length.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place