PDA

View Full Version : UL-1 Owners need some input...

SweetZ28
01-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi guy's to all of you who own a UL-1(:cool:i don't have one yet) could you please give me some input on the radio because i just purchased the tactic radio set from tower and i want to put it in my super vee 27 and just was wondering because i only seen it in photos ... could you guy's tell me how it feels in your hands is it comfortable? is it like a futaba type it looks like the handle looks close to a futaba radios?

:thumbup1:THANKS FOR THE INPUT:thumbup1:

Fluid
01-17-2009, 11:20 PM
I find it very confortable, mostly due to its very light weight (only 4 cells). I normally drive a HiTec SRX and had no problem transitioning to the Tactic. The analog controls are well positioned, the wheel does not have a foam surface but still works great. I like it.

Ub Hauled
01-17-2009, 11:50 PM
How about range Jay? Is it a good range or are there any problems (dead zones)?

SweetZ28
01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
:thumbup1:Thanks....Do you know How to bind it to a new receiver as tower states the radio don't come with any instructions?:confused2:

Fluid
01-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Jan, I've had no problems racing on the club's 1/8 mile oval, and the farthest I've range checked it while running is about 400 feet. Since the boat looks pretty small that far away I haven't tried checking it further out.

Darin Jordan
01-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I just opened up my Red UL1 for the first time last night, and I have to say I am VERY impressed with the way the Radio Tx feels... I thought it might feel cheap. Quite the contrary... Feels like a very nice unit.... The steering wheel even has a ruberized feeling and feel precise... Looking forward to trying it...

SweetZ28
01-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I just opened up my Red UL1 for the first time last night, and I have to say I am VERY impressed with the way the Radio Tx feels... I thought it might feel cheap. Quite the contrary... Feels like a very nice unit.... The steering wheel even has a ruberized feeling and feel precise... Looking forward to trying it...

COOL! Darin do you know how it binds to the receiver? Or does it auto bind when you turn it on?

Darin Jordan
01-18-2009, 02:31 PM
COOL! Darin do you know how it binds to the receiver? Or does it auto bind when you turn it on?

I haven't gotten that far yet... I have the boat COMPLETELY disassembled on the bench right now, so it may be a bit before I get to the "firing it up" stage...

The radio does feel light... It's obviously not a top of the line Futaba, but it feels a lot better than the previous radios and I like the way it's shaped, etc...

Will be cool to see how it works with no antenna...

Capt. Crash
01-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I had planned to use my DX3R when I got mine...but I like this radio sooo much I decided to stay with it. I have around 25 miles or so, so far on the boat and the radio is rock solid. I don't know about the binding question.

Crash

egneg
01-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Turn on the TX (make sure trim levels are midway), plug in the batteries - 1 beep, squeeze the trigger and hold - 1 beep, release the trigger - 3 beeps. Should be good to go. This is all that is in the manual that comes with the boat.

SweetZ28
01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
:thumbup: Thanks for your help guy's...mine should be here on the 22nd or 23rd!

Rex R
01-20-2009, 03:48 AM
ran across some info on 'binding tx/rx' here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=987019 hth
rex

SweetZ28
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
ran across some info on 'binding tx/rx' here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=987019 hth
rex

:banana:THANKS Rex R perfect info just what i needed!:beerchug: