PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Florida FE SunshineNationals Marrch 7-8, 2020 Brandon FL (classes & info)

HTVboats
12-02-2019, 04:21 PM
New name more glory. This is a drivers event. Fee's and awards minimal 1-3rd with B&C winners. All sponsorship goes back to a contestant only random drawing. Everyone will take home something. I will start a separate thread listing prizes and sponsors.
Pit setup and open water Friday (6th) with 2 rounds Saturday and 3rd round Sunday with a Championship 4th round for classes over 7 entries. 1-6th place (8 or more boats) 7th-12th place B-main (15 or more boats) 13-18th-C main classes over 30 boats.
200 boat limit, 4 boat minimum to make a class. (bear in mind not all classes will fill out) Registration should be open 12/3/19 on RCRacingEvents https://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

Classes:
P/limited (36X60 motors)
P/L Mono
P/L Catamaran
P/L Hydro
P/L Sport Hydro
P/L OB Tunnel
P/L Offshore (long Course TBD)
P Mono
P Catamaran (Cat & Mono combined if either is short entries)
P Hydro
P Sport Hydro (combined with P Hydro if less than 4 boats)
Q Mono
Q Catamaran (Cat & Mono combined if either is short entries)
1/10th Scale Hydro
Open Hydro
Open NON Hydro (Cat-Mono-Tunnel)
Local Classes;
P Jersey Skiff (40.99 X 75.99mmotor limit)
Q/limited (non hydro) 4-6s Single motor, no length limit. (40.99 X 75.99mm motor limit)
3S-29 Hydro: 3 cell 29mm single motor. No length limit boat or motor

A lot of heats and classes for everyone, we will see what shows up.
Mic Halbrehder: race chairman

obrien
12-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Can?t wait. I?m hoping to have a few new boats built for this race

RayR
12-03-2019, 03:17 AM

T.S.Davis
12-03-2019, 11:22 AM
40 racers in a day!

HTVboats
12-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Had a glitch and last years entries transferred. Will be fixed and up in a couple hours.

T.S.Davis
12-09-2019, 10:50 AM
40 racers from last year? That's pretty respectable in my opinion. For a sparky only race. We're seriously talking this one through to see what we can do. There simply aren't many electric races to attend. We need to stick together when we can.

Are you running this schedule across the two days or do the classes close out and a new set on day two?

HTVboats
12-09-2019, 11:30 AM
I would not be surprised to see us make the 200 boat limit. Last year on a one day we made 100.
The race is all classes running over 2 days. Two heats Saturday with the 3rd and 4th Championship rounds on Sunday as posted. If we were running 3 or more days finishing certain classes each day could be easier. A case can be made either way. I reached out to several people in initial planning and crickets. Hard to please everyone. Hope you all can come on down. We tried to offer a large variety of classes we don't normally run, and attendance will affect future plans. This is one of the best race sites in Florida and rarely gets rough. (March is prime weather) Brandon is a predominantly nitro club and to host a "Sparky" event is a positive for FE in general.
Mic

T.S.Davis
12-09-2019, 08:57 PM
The carry over thing wouldn't be THE determining factor on us coming or not. If you're already committed to it don't worry about us. Just something worth talking about for the future.

There are advantages to splitting them up. A limited mono makes a nice limited offshore with a single set of batteries and a prop change. You could even run limited sport in P sport with a quick motor swap. It's an advantage for people looking to fly in. A racer could ship just 2 boats and land in 4 classes. With them all in a day to cover 4 classes I need to ship, own batteries, and boats for 4 separate classes. Not a game changer or anything. Depends who your usual suspects are. You guys would know better than I.

Just thought of this too........
Say you actually own 6 boats you want to race. If they all run in a day you have to chase 6 sets of batteries. For my son and I we could race 12 classes. 12 sets of cells to keep cycling. In theory of course. If 3 of the 6 classes ran Saturday and 3 on Sunday it would cut my battery load in half.

Haha If we drag a couple guys with us we would likely be covering batteries for 20 boats out of one tent. All 2P setups. So 80 packs to charge for the 2 rounds. Gonna......git.......weird.

Again, do what yer do'n. Just food for thought in the future.

obrien
12-10-2019, 12:03 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but you could also choose to not run so many classes. I get wanting to run as much as possible, especially if you are going to travel a long damn way to race, but only bring 3 or 4 boats each instead of 6.

HTVboats
12-10-2019, 10:25 AM
With 3 or more days you need to run and finish classes daily. (I hope we get there in the future) The hard part of a 2 day split is what classes run each day when you don't know the final numbers entering each class. Also 10 guys will have 10 opinions on what classes they want run each day.
As for charging, running a max of 2 heats in a day you would only need one charge per boat. With two sets of batteries you have overnight to recharge. There is power and a charge table under the drivers stand. Also several people run generators in the pits and will allow you to tap in. I do appreciate input on making a race easier for all.
If anyone traveling wants to ship equipment I have a business and office address you can use plus a 5X10 enclosed trailer to transport boats I can get to the race site.
Mic

T.S.Davis
12-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but you could also choose to not run so many classes. I get wanting to run as much as possible, especially if you are going to travel a long damn way to race, but only bring 3 or 4 boats each instead of 6.

haha NOT offended. Yeah, I'm not sure why FE guys are like that. Rarely do gas or nitro guy try that. Well, not that I've seen. Maybe because there aren't many FE races to attend so they try to get in as much as possible. Like a feral dog that finds a big bowel of food. OM NOM NOM NOM Eat it allllll!

But hey, why be good at 3 classes when you can totally suck at 6? I once signed up for 17 classes at a nats. Sucked at all of em. Absolute train wreck.

6 is tough for me and I'm pretty focused on being on time. I prefer to be early. We actually thought about enacting a max entries for guys just because we've seen some completely unable to do it. Then they're all ornery all day when things go wonky for them. When you run that many classes in a day you become an anchor to everyone pitting around you. You always need a pit.......they're always right there. Then you flip yer boat but you also need to get ready for your next heat so someone else has to go grab yer boat and.....well..... they're right there. They had the sense to run 3 classes but you've burned them up running 6 yourself. You end up crabby all day and yer a pain in the a$$. Good family fun for everyone! haha

That's why I prefer to split the classes. 6 classes but only 3 in a day. Mics right though. 10 guys will have 10 ways to look at it. Just sharing my $1.98 worth.

obrien
12-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Your 1.98 is better than my .02 lol

T.S.Davis
12-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Your 1.98 is better than my .02 lol

Nah, it's all good.

A few of us have been talking logistics. Too many boats to ship. Trying to do at least 4 racer trip. So maybe 10 or 12 boats plus gear......ish.

obrien
12-11-2019, 03:28 PM
I hope you guys can make it. IT looks like this race could be a good one
Now if I can just find the time and money to build a few more boats I can be one of the guys with too much to run lol

T.S.Davis
01-07-2020, 04:36 PM
We have 4 guys from MI signed up so far. Working on a 5th. Working like mad to be ready.

Please tell me there's a risk of a gator attacking my boat. Lie to me if you have to.

HTVboats
01-07-2020, 08:40 PM
There are some gator sightings in the lake at Brandon but I have never seen one close to a boat. Seen one maybe 3 times in the 10 years I have run there.We have a small pond in Ft Myers where I have seen a small gator go after a boat during mating season but we were running really close to him. Soon as we put a retrieve boat in he disappears. They are very size conscious and fear anything larger than them.
We welcome all the guys you can bring. I think signups will take off after the Orlando race. I am surprised at the hydro classes already. The spec cat and mono's will be big also.
Mic

T.S.Davis
01-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Sparkies!!! Woooooooo! haha

Talked to the 5th guy last night over a couple adult beverages. Nothing to do with the beverages but he's coming too. Traveling to races is a hoot. Meet some new peeps. Have some laughs. Oh and race. We'll race too.

For any thinking about this race.........if we (any of us) want FE races to go to we have to support FE races when they are made available. There just aren't that many of us. So consider it. By no stretch am I disparaging mixed events. They're great too. People who are willing to host and do the work required for an event are in my experience some of the finest people on earth and attending any race is in my opinion........well.....just about the most fun I can have with my toys.

So where's the smart places to stay? I'm sure it's like everywhere we race. There are areas to avoid.

HTVboats
01-08-2020, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the opinion and I agree in the years I have been in FE there are not many large annual events. The "Nationals" MAMBA & IMPBA move around and not every year offer a stand alone format. We are hoping to build this event and the Brandon nitro members have been on board and very supportive. This is logistically one of the best sites in the country. The only equal or better site I have been to is Charleston. Ample pit area & parking plus self contained RV's on site. That and we have a March date in Florida which is prime. One hour drive to Disney on I-4 for the family you have to appease and some of the best Florida beaches less than an hour drive. It could become the best FE event annually for cold weather people to attend.
If your search Seffner Fl on Hotels.com your will find many rooms within 10 miles. The I-75 & Brandon Blvd (Adamo hwy 60) intersection has several motels and 8 miles from the site. Top shelf is Carlson Country Inn on I-4 and an older but clean no frills is the Brandon Motor Lodge, probably the best rate. There also is a large RV park, Tampa East RV park that has cottages. I think I usually pay about $100 at Brandon Motor and the Carlson could run $250 plus that time of year. As a group you might look at renting an RV as several large RV dealers close also. You won't put on many miles and can stay on site.

Mic

HTVboats
01-08-2020, 02:10 PM
RV rentals
https://rvshare.com/rvs/details/1018606
some of these RV's offer pickup and delivery

T.S.Davis
01-08-2020, 02:15 PM
We'll look into all of those. So no hookups for RV's? Just genies and self contained units? One year we had some guys rent a house in Leonard for our annual race. Worked well I guess.

We have some guys driving and some flying. We even have a guy coming in just to pit. Lunatics. Gonna be fun. Could really use some warm weather too.

T.S.Davis
01-08-2020, 09:53 PM
Mic, what size course are you guys running? Is it all official and such?

obrien
01-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Very happy to hear about your Group coming down to
Join us. I’m looking forward to it. I will get signed up just as soon as I know
What boats I’ll be running

RayR
01-09-2020, 06:29 AM
Mic, what size course are you guys running? Is it all official and such?

Terry,

It is a six lap, one mile course. 310 foot straights and 40 foot radius turns, a bit of a hybrid between IMPBA and NAMBA. I am unsure if it is legal for records.

T.S.Davis
01-09-2020, 09:56 AM
That looks fantastic!

Not everybody cares about records and such but my lunatic son has one particular boat that is a full second per lap faster than the current record. If he can keep it together he's got a shot. Down side is........he's not racing boats right now. Just cars so who knows if he can pin it.

So, will RV's be allowed right on the grounds around the pits? Does anyone else stay? Actually looking into that. We have so much fun at our annual race staying on site.

RayR
01-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Mic and a few others always stay on site. So, yes, bring a RV and have a blast!

HTVboats
01-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Thanks Ray for posting photos.
If you go on Google maps and search Dover District Park Dover Florida and go to Satellite view you can enlarge the site. You can actually see the buoys and seawall launch area. There is a sidewalk that runs north south along the pond. We drive on that and park and pit diagonally between the sidewalk and the soccer fields. We have a 60ft ribbon without driving on the fields to pit. A trailer under 30 ft fits, and larger can park at south end where the buildings are. In the January nitro race with 300 boats there may be 20 trailers and a few 5th wheels and coaches. I don't think we will have more than a half dozen on site for the FE race. Vehicles are allowed to load and unload equipment and canopies along the sidewalk and unless you have a handicap sticker you need to park at the south end parking area along where the building are. The site will be open Friday - Sunday. Maybe we can get some drone footage at the Nitro race to show the site better.
The course is 5 pin turns with an entrance or guide buoy maybe 90ft before the turn. Drivers stand is about 8ft above the water with judges stand above that so vision is very good.
Mic

T.S.Davis
01-10-2020, 07:45 AM
No hook ups for Rv's correct? Need our own power?

HTVboats
01-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Correct no hookups. Self Contained but no tents. It is a county park and allowing self contained is a big deal. There are so many RV's that time of year even the Walmarts don't want you overnight in their lots. You are welcome to use the portalets and water temp in the pond will be around 70 degrees so use Gater Repelant soap and have at it. Hasn't been a piranha sighting in decades. There are RV facilities within 5 miles. Temps that that time of year are 80's daytime and 60's overnight so for "Northerners" you won't need air conditioning.
Mic

T.S.Davis
01-10-2020, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a scream in truth. I'll quiz my traveling com padres this weekend and see what they want to do.

80's!!! So sweet.

obrien
01-10-2020, 09:59 AM
Mic it will be like summertime for those boys

HTVboats
01-10-2020, 11:36 AM
I spent the first 50 years of my life in Minnesota so I know a March break in Florida cures cabin fever and shortens the long winter. I hope to reciprocate and make a MMEU summer race one of these days. Maybe we need a traveling trophy aka "little brown jug". My wife has uncles and cousins in the Milford area.
Mic

T.S.Davis
01-10-2020, 12:13 PM
Milford is close to our race. At the lodge you can tent even.

We have the Michigan Cup. The deal is that if you win that yer aspoata come back to defend it. That's a tough bugger to win. 3 man teams covering 9 separate classes. Took me 15+ years and raising a ringer to win it. haha

We can talk in some in March about guys coming up if they are so inclined. That's always a fun gig too.

HTVboats
01-20-2020, 11:11 AM
Here are some photos of the Brandon site I took over the weekend at the Nitro Champs.
This is the drivers stand and hot pits

HTVboats
01-20-2020, 11:13 AM
More from the pit area
The last two pics are from across the soccer field which we cannot drive on. There is a driving lane along the row of RV's. After unloading trailers cars and trucks park at the south parking area with the exception of handicapped stickers. We are now 7 weeks until racing so sign up early so we can decide what classes will run. REMEMBER 4 BOATS to qualify a class.
https://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/rcrev.pl

obrien
01-20-2020, 11:46 AM
I’ll be getting my son and I signed up tonight

T.S.Davis
01-20-2020, 01:52 PM
Great looking site fellas. Ty and I watched some of Phil's video from the weekend. Looks great.

Gett'n all our poop in a group. Still building boats unfortunately but close.

HTVboats
01-22-2020, 01:26 PM
As of today we have 20 drivers and 75 boats entered. I am pleasantly surprised to see P/lmtd Hydro and Sport Hydro already qualified with 5 & 6 boats respectively. These are not classes we run in our district regularly. Remember 4 boats needed to qualify the class. I opened up the mail In option so you can get on the list early and others can see what will run. I am sure as with most races the majority will wait until the last moment. The fall race tripled in the last weekend. 6 more weekends to get ready, then it's GAME ON!

T.S.Davis
01-22-2020, 02:08 PM
Sweet!

Need more P sport and P mono. P Sport looks like an MMEU Club race at the moment. Surely there are more down that way.

Luis OSE
01-27-2020, 07:49 PM
New name more glory. This is a drivers event. Fee's and awards minimal 1-3rd with B&C winners. All sponsorship goes back to a contestant only random drawing. Everyone will take home something. I will start a separate thread listing prizes and sponsors.
Pit setup and open water Friday (6th) with 2 rounds Saturday and 3rd round Sunday with a Championship 4th round for classes over 7 entries. 1-6th place (8 or more boats) 7th-12th place B-main (15 or more boats) 13-18th-C main classes over 30 boats.
200 boat limit, 4 boat minimum to make a class. (bear in mind not all classes will fill out) Registration should be open 12/3/19 on RCRacingEvents https://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

Classes:
P/limited (36X60 motors)
P/L Mono
P/L Catamaran
P/L Hydro
P/L Sport Hydro
P/L OB Tunnel
P/L Offshore (long Course TBD)
P Mono
P Catamaran (Cat & Mono combined if either is short entries)
P Hydro
P Sport Hydro (combined with P Hydro if less than 4 boats)
Q Mono
Q Catamaran (Cat & Mono combined if either is short entries)
1/10th Scale Hydro
Open Hydro
Open NON Hydro (Cat-Mono-Tunnel)
Local Classes;
P Jersey Skiff (40.99 X 75.99mmotor limit)
Q/limited (non hydro) 4-6s Single motor, no length limit. (40.99 X 75.99mm motor limit)
3S-29 Hydro: 3 cell 29mm single motor. No length limit boat or motor

A lot of heats and classes for everyone, we will see what shows up.
Mic Halbrehder: race chairman

The page is down for sign in

HTVboats
01-28-2020, 05:56 AM
RCRacingevents is back online this morning.

HTVboats
01-31-2020, 09:12 AM
IMPORTANT NEWS for contestants. There has been discussion on the format and running half the classes on Saturday and the rest on Sunday. We will run this format. The obvious split will be the larger classes and final decisions made on class order will be made Monday February 10th two weeks before the entry cutoff. (only 2 weeks away)
Example P/limited Cat and Mono separate days, then probably P/lim and full "P" hydro and sport hydro separate days. I am sure we will get many opinions but we have to keep the numbers and heats so we can finish all classes. Weather can be a factor so we will run as many heats as we can on Saturday to get ahead of the game. The drivers prize raffle will be held on Saturday following racing. Also daylight savings is that weekend.
Mic

T.S.Davis
01-31-2020, 10:57 AM
Mic, sorry I didn't get back to you. Just getting back on my feet again. I keep telling people I have sars or something. Worst one in years.

Splits work pretty well. Batteries that ran in limited cat might also run a limited mono. Instead of charging for every round of limited mono you end up charging once or twice because the cells overlap.

Limited mono with a quick motor swap back at the hotel makes a nice P mono the next day. I planned to run my limited sport in P sport with no motor swap. Given the split I'll do it different. More diameter for P. Doesn't always work out obviously but it can.

The best part about is for guys that run a lot of classes. They don't have to actually manage as many boats in a day. Like you twang the rudder on your P sport or something and there's no time to work on it because you have 5 or more additional boats to deal with. These guys drive me crazy because they need lots and lots of pit help and are never......no not never, that's not far......they're less often...... available when you need help because they're buried in heats.

Most FE guys are used to the split days BUT most FE travelers are also used to "when in Rome" too. Just saying, do what you guys do. Don't worry about us. We'll make it work no matter which way you do it. Split. No split. For us MI guys, we've done so many mixed races that we're used to the continuous multi-day schedule. I do hereby solemnly promise to have fun no matter what.

Ken Haines
01-31-2020, 10:47 PM
Hi Mic,
As we spoke on the phone, Fede and I can now race on that Sunday,
as I still must work Saturday at the Nuke plant. As soon as you
list the Sunday Vs Saturday classes we will both sign up. Makes no
real difference to me what classes run either day. I pretty much have
boats for every class. Excited now to get the season rolling a bit earlier
than expected. Look forward to seeing everyone at Brandon.
:bounce:

obrien
02-01-2020, 03:22 PM
great to hear that you and Fede will be there again Ken

tjcast
02-03-2020, 02:41 PM
If you guys want help with a scoring program, let me know. I've been using an excel sheet for "shoot out" formats for several years now and can set one up for you. first round would be random draw from rcracingevents the remaining rounds would be determined once the 1st round is over for each class. just need a computer and printer.

HTVboats
02-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Thank you Tom for the scoring offer. RCRacings program works for what were doing. That brings up "Shootout format" which there is not really a standard format. Some scramble drivers between heats. Others do a 6 boat winner take all format and then a two heat final.
What we are doing for this race is 3 rounds with the normal computer scramble. Depending on scratched boats we will combine to avoid 2 and 3 boat heats. The 4th final round is the top 6 boats in each class. Polnts earned in the first 3 rounds are retained and brought forward to the final total so 3 wins and 1200 points might guarantee a championship, or not. For the larger classes we will have consolation rounds for example boats placed 7-12 kind of like a B-C main but not bumping up liker cars. Give guys who ran with a lot of competition to compete with piers who also drove well.
Mic

HTVboats
02-10-2020, 04:43 PM
IMPORTANT NEWS.

The classes running on Saturday March 7th will be
P/Limited Mono
P Hydro
P/Limited Sport Hydro
Q/Limited
Q Cat
P/Limited Offshore
3S29 Hydro
Jersey Skiff
P/Limited Outboard Tunnel

On Sunday the 8th the classes will be:
P/Limited Cat
Open Hydro
P Mono
P/Limited Hydro
P Sport Hydro
Q Mono
P Catamaran

This will not be the exact running order as that will be determined after the cutoff deadline in two weeks. One class may be shifted to even out the numbers each day. Registration closes 2 weeks from today
Mic

zooma
02-14-2020, 09:37 AM
sounds good

HTVboats
02-16-2020, 01:13 PM
If anyone wants to add a class or make changes contact me or just enter again and use a nickname or misspell you name by one letter and the program will not see you as already registered.
Mic htv1414@aol.com

T.S.Davis
02-20-2020, 12:51 PM
38 racers! Sweet

HTVboats
02-21-2020, 10:35 AM
40 drivers and 140 boats and "4" days left to enter. Some serious competition and large classes. Truly bragging rights for the 2020 season!
Mic

HTVboats
02-24-2020, 05:24 PM
158 boats and registration closes today at midnight. If you are already registered and need to make changes we will do them as we set up the heats. Just send me a note or text. Looks like 60+ heats each day.
Mic

jaike5
02-27-2020, 11:39 AM
Well over a foot of snow last night !!
I'm up to here with that BS.
The sight looks great, lots of racer's …… This is going to be good !!
Jay.

HTVboats
02-28-2020, 05:10 AM
The weather looks like sunny and low 70's next weekend and overnight lows in the 50's.
Printed the heat sheets today for 3 rounds, and Saturday 1-48 and Sunday 49-102. Add the 4th round for top 6 that's 57 heats on Saturday and 63 on Sunday. (P/Lim CAT and MONO, + P Mono have a consolation heats for 7-12th place)
We will raffle off all the under $50 prizes on Saturday so if you won't be there designate someone to pick for you. Sunday the $50 and over prizes will be drawn for between round 3 and the finals. All paid contestants are in the drawing and the deck will be reshuffled on Sunday.
Mic

zooma
02-28-2020, 08:06 AM
looking forward to it. Thanks Mic

T.S.Davis
02-29-2020, 09:34 PM
Bunch of new faces, mild weather, playing with toy boats.......how much better can it get?

Our whole fleet is assembled for destruction.....er.....I mean......fer race'n.

donhuff
03-02-2020, 05:45 PM
When are y'all heading down there Terry? We are leaving Thursday morning. Kathy and I might meet up with yall on I75 and we can eat somewhere.

T.S.Davis
03-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Tom, Tyler, and I are heading south Thursday morning maybe 6:30 or 7:00 from here. We rented a room just off the freeway in Macon, GA. Probably make that around 8pm......ish. Just fer the night. Then we'll finish out the drive Friday morning.

Kevin and Larry are flying in Thursday I think. Not sure what Bob's travel plans are exactly. I know he and Mark are driving together.

Be great to see ya Don. Hope we end up pitting near you. Always fun with the Huff family around. We can tell lies about fast we once were. Shoulda brought one of them brat kids of yers along too.

donhuff
03-03-2020, 07:31 AM
Well, I'll be way south of ya by the time ya'll get to Macon. We are heading out Thursday morning too. We have relatives in Tampa, and hope to get with them Thursday evening.

I Tried to get the kids to come, but you know I can't get Lamar to go anywhere and he for danged sure would't got that far to an all FE race. Scott started a handyman like business in Charlotte, so he's always busy. And Carey was with us at a race in south Georgia last weekend, so he doesn't want to be away from his brewery to much.

But I will have my favorite pit person/ battery charging foreman, Kathy, with me. And if you want some "spirited" conversation, talk to her and start bad mouthing me, and you'll probably get all the high pitch talk that you want! But be prepared to duck, cause she might take a swing at you.

T.S.Davis
03-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Don, I must not know you well. I can't think of much to bad mouth you for. Maybe producing the yellow wall. Pain in the a$$. Every time I bug Lamar about the Cup race he says "been think'n about it". Yeah, been think'n "that's a long damned ways fer just FE"

Still anxious to see how all this wheel time Tyler is getting with cars translates to boats. Like he needed help. :olleyes: Little punk. Might make him too aggressive. We'll see. He's club racing cars and is currently leading the points in his favorite class. I figured it would be harder for him to get good at it than it's turned out to be. Would you believe that if you crash your car they just flip them back over and keep going? Sissies.

donhuff
03-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Yeah, I have seen where you said that Tyler was racing cars. I figured that he would do well with them cause he drives boats so well, and understands how to slow down when ya need to. I raced cars for a very short time. Didn't care for it much. The people in it are a lot worse than boaters are. Secretes, attitudes, and such, plus the cars have so many adjustments. And parking lots have concrete curbs!!!! I didn't like hitting those.

I know about the corner judges flipping your car back over. That made me drive like an IDIOT because I knew they would flip me back right side up and put me back on the track.

Does Tyler have any burned up car motors, I have wanted to look into one of them but didn't want to buy one, because I have no use for it.

T.S.Davis
03-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Haha. Of course he does. I mean he's my kid. I'll throw one in the box.

macomb
03-05-2020, 09:16 PM
What time does practice start Friday?

RayR
03-06-2020, 06:19 AM
Kevin,

Should be around noon time.

obrien
03-08-2020, 08:35 PM
Big thanks to mic for making this happen. I enjoyed it again and look forward to racing more. Also big thanks to the sponsors and the great raffle prizes

Ken Haines
03-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Mic, another awesome event.
Thanks for all your time and effort with the hobby.

Totally exhausted today, but we sure had great fun.
Fede had some of his best drive's this weekend even though his
point totals did not get him a medal. Many of the younger racers
really showed their stuff. Great promise for the future of our sport.

zooma
03-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I had a bunch of flips that kept me out of the finals. But still had a good time. Especially seeing some old friends again.

Ron

T.S.Davis
03-10-2020, 01:40 PM
Tom and I took too many new boats. Tyler did pretty well though. Wind was brutal but everybody had to race in the same stuff so not really an excuse.

Had a great time at a well run event. We were already talking about making the trip again. Thanks for all the effort to pull something like this together.

jaike5
03-12-2020, 03:17 PM
Hi Mic,
Thanks for putting this race together, I know its a ton of work. Deb and I had a great time at this well run event . Nothing can be done about the brutal wind conditions , so you just have to race for the conditions that are in front of you, Other wise your prop is facing the Florida sun!
Hope some of you guys can make it up to the Michigan cup or the CanAm, since you won't be doing much racing in the upcoming 3 month heat wave!
Thx again, Jay & Deb.