PDA

View Full Version : reciever help.

jeff180
01-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey guys I've got a 3 channel fm receiver from my pro pulse that I want to use for my boats. Unfortunately it doesnt work right. It only works half way. I can only plug in my esc and it will arm correctly and works fully but if I have the esc and a servo it wont work at all . I've tried switching the channels around and it still doesnt work. I also tryed to put the esc in the channel that would normally be used for steering and again the esc works and servo does not.
I've tryed multiple batteries freshly charged nimh's in the tx and charged 6cell for the esc. Ive tryed different escs as well.

thanks

Dr. Jet
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Try using a receiver battery and disabling the BEC on the ESC (I am assuming it has BEC).

n.h.schmidt
01-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi
Is there any chance that your servo is the problem? Will your servo work if it is the only thing pluged into the receiver?You would have to power up the receiver with a seperate battery. Assuming your servo is good ,are the servo wires going into the plug correctly? Red ,black and white in the same order as the esc wires.
n.h.schmidt

jeff180
01-12-2009, 05:11 PM
i disabled the esc by taking the red wire off and it the esc stopped working. It did work with the servo though.
I think i'll try to replace the capacitor in the esc for the bec.

n.h.schmidt
01-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Pulling the red esc wire out of the plug will not disable the esc. That will only disable the bec part of the esc. It would still work if you used a separate receiver battery. All of my esc's will work that way. Changing the cap on the esc will likely do nothing.
n.h.schmidt

jeff180
01-12-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah sorry thats what i meant. I pulled the red wire on the esc to disable the bec it did but still no working servo.