PDA

View Full Version : Help with strut adjustment MG36

Cinnabun
08-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Guys, new to the geico 36.. just got it in today. I want to verify strut adjustment. Can someone walk me through this, possibly with some pictures? Appreciate any help!

1coopgt
08-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Sorry I don't have any pictures . Start with what is in your manual. It says how to set strut height. Also I would suggest searching the Zelos twin 36 threads there a some pics in there and a lot of info. The 2 boats are pretty close.

Cinnabun
08-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Sorry I don't have any pictures . Start with what is in your manual. It says how to set strut height. Also I would suggest searching the Zelos twin 36 threads there a some pics in there and a lot of info. The 2 boats are pretty close.

I read somewhere the geico gets adjusted based on a straight edge from the rear sponson

1coopgt
08-14-2019, 05:19 PM
I read somewhere the geico gets adjusted based on a straight edge from the rear sponson

It says that in the manual that came with your boat.

Cinnabun
08-14-2019, 05:25 PM
It says that in the manual that came with your boat.

Got it. I’ll have to read the manual more carefully again on the adjustment. I knew it was different than the Zelos twin that I had previously, just wasn’t making sense to me. Seems the struts would have a pretty hard downward angle from the transom.