PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico Touch-up Paint

Ken Haines
03-21-2019, 02:47 PM
My son Fede has been racing the Original Blackjack style Miss Geico,
that Jim Clark gave him a couple of years ago....Btw, Thx again Jim, he loves that boat.

After many, many heats of racing it is starting to show it's wear, so I decided it was time
to put it back into shape. I first filled in in and repaired all the dings and dents with CA glue.
Then I sanded the repairs down to a paint ready condition. I was able to finish the ride paint
with ordinary flat white Testors paint. Now the challenging part.....I have find a match or
at least something very close for the Geico Glow Green that Pro-boat used. We are here
reaching out to anyone if they have previously found a match or even a way to blend something close.
So far my attempts with a lime green and yellow Testors mixture all the samples that I
made in slightly different color blends are all a little too dark, maybe I need more experimenting:mad:

Please help if you know some kind of short-cut.:help:
Thanks, Ken & Fede

fweasel
03-21-2019, 03:40 PM
The actual color used by the Miss Geico race team team was from House of Kolor and was called Chartreuse Neon. I believe you can buy it online in a spray can.

srislash
03-21-2019, 08:13 PM
I am working on this right now. I will be getting a couple rattle cans of it. I could give you a paint code if I’m successful

Ken Haines
03-22-2019, 12:33 AM
Thanks Ryan and Shawn.
I did place an order from House of Kolor,
But certainly let me know if you found a better
match for the Pro-Boat version of this color.
I will post the results when the order arrives.

srislash
03-22-2019, 09:21 AM
I believe the Geico team is done is it not so the paint shouldn’t be any big secret anymore. Look forward to results Ken.
I have a hull that I had running a couple years back and want to Geico theme it. It needs to see water again.

Ken Haines
03-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Actually the Geico Team is a live and well in Riviera Beach, Florida.
Fede and I actually visited their warehouse headquarters a few months ago.
A really great bunch of guys....they spoiled my son for the afternoon, gave us
a lengthy tour, autographed a couple of his boats, and even gave him Geico goodie bag !!
Fans for life now :bounce: