PDA

View Full Version : OSE UL-1 Jacket In Stock

Steven Vaccaro
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I started the process in making a new water jacket for the AquaCraft UL-1. Attached is a picture of one of my test jackets on the UL-1. The finished jacket will be 1.75" long and have the outlets in a different position.

egneg
01-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Put me on the list for one.

detox
01-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Has anyone called Aquacraft (Hobbico) complaining about their leaky jacket? I wonder what they have to say about the problem? The most ethical thing Aquacraft could do is admit there is a problem then make it good by sending everyone "that got screwed" a 1rst quality jacket assembly.

Steven Vaccaro
01-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm sure someone has buy now.

Customers that purchased boats from me will recieve 1/2 of the cost of the OSE UL-1 jackets. Shipping will be $4.85, with no handling fee.

Jeff Wohlt
01-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Good job, Steven. Why will a std 36mm not work? Someone said the edge of the motor to sharp or something like that.

JimClark
01-03-2009, 09:22 PM
In case you didn't realize it Grim AKA "Mike Zaborowski" is the designer of the boat so yes you have been talking directly to the parent company.
Jim

Has anyone called Aquacraft (Hobbico) complaining about their leaky jacket? I wonder what they have to say about the problem? The most ethical thing Aquacraft could do is admit there is a problem then make it good by sending everyone "that got screwed" a 1rst quality jacket assembly.

Steven Vaccaro
01-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Good job, Steven. Why will a std 36mm not work? Someone said the edge of the motor to sharp or something like that.

These motors are a tad larger than a standard 36mm motor. They are about 36.30mm

Rex R
01-04-2009, 02:33 AM
heh, my limited sample has the AC motor 1/32" larger in dia. than a feigao 7l. but I could be mistaken, both motors were in boats and I may have mis-read the calipers

Kfoss1
01-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for jumping on this right away Steven! :beerchug:If the final jacket can have both outlets facing the esc that would be a clean custom set up.:thumbup:

Kfoss1
01-04-2009, 09:21 AM

:thumbup1:

Kfoss1
01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Steven, any update on the new jacket?

Steven Vaccaro
01-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I will have a test jacket by the end of this week.

Kfoss1
01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
:thumbup:Thanks Steven!

RCprince
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
the creator of that water jacket by Aquacraft, forgot the K.I.S.S... Keep It Simple Son(actually Stupid, but be kind in 09) method. Also the BJ water Jacket fits ammo motors.

Fluid
01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I Installed the OSE jacket for the Ammo motor and it fits great in my LSO cat. It is short but I needed a jacket shorter than the UL-1 jacket for this special application. Works great, I'm sure the longer one for the UL-1 motor will be perfect.

Steven Vaccaro
02-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Now in stock.

egneg
02-05-2009, 05:33 AM
Now in stock.

I have ordered one! And I have to say it looks great in the pictures.

Steven Vaccaro
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Sold out of 20 of them in less than a day. This has to be the fastest we have ever sold any product. I will have more in a few days.

Rex R
02-05-2009, 08:27 PM
looks like a nice bit of work. figured I'd be nice and let those who bought their ul-1's from ose have the 1st crack at the jackets ;)...I'll pounce on the 2nd batch.
rex

HOTWATER
02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Steven, what a nice offer you have made for all of the OSE bought UL-1 owners out there! A++ in my book!!

calcagno45
02-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Sold out of 20 of them in less than a day. This has to be the fastest we have ever sold any product. I will have more in a few days.

I think thats directly related to the leaky stock ones. You should be thanking Grim for that design....:just-kidding:

Steven Vaccaro
02-06-2009, 06:47 AM
looks like a nice bit of work. figured I'd be nice and let those who bought their ul-1's from ose have the 1st crack at the jackets ;)...I'll pounce on the 2nd batch.
rex

Its a good idea to let my UL-1 customers first crack. But unfortunately I don't have a list of people that I sold the boats to. I'm working on a way to search my sales database by people that have bought specific items. Right now I can just find orders by name, email or order number.

Steven Vaccaro
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I think thats directly related to the leaky stock ones. You should be thanking Grim for that design....:just-kidding:

I thank him for building two of the best electric rtr boats to hit the market ever at this price point. :banana:

Sure there are a few bumps in the road. But bumps are what keeps me interested in playing with these rtr boats.

HOTWATER
02-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Very true Steven...

Darin Jordan
02-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I thank him for building two of the best electric rtr boats to hit the market ever at this price point. :banana:

Sure there are a few bumps in the road. But bumps are what keeps me interested in playing with these rtr boats.

Besides that... Hop-Ups are part of EVERY RC industry... Tamiya, Traxxas, ParkZone, etc... NONE of these complanies make a RTR that couldn't use some hop-up parts, No reason boating has to be, or should be, any different!

That's part of the reason they are able to deliver these things to us for the price!

Steven Vaccaro
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Besides that... Hop-Ups are part of EVERY RC industry... Tamiya, Traxxas, ParkZone, etc... NONE of these complanies make a RTR that couldn't use some hop-up parts, No reason boating has to be, or should be, any different!

That's part of the reason they are able to deliver these things to us for the price!

Exactly! Its what keeps things interesting. It keeps us building, It keeps us reading and waiting for those magazines with a ton of ads! The car guys buy a "average" truck for $300-$500, then dump thousands to make them cooler, faster and better handling.