PDA

View Full Version : hardware Q and comments

Rex R
01-02-2009, 06:45 PM
if I remove the external hardware to paint the boat...am I going to have problems re-installing it(backing plates falling down etc.)?
comments:
noticed that it looks like they had troubles doing the windscreen sticker( not a complaint, was thinking about re-doing it anyway) on mine, anyone else notice this?
think I'll have to get out the window film and make the mirrors functional ;).

properchopper
01-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I know for certain that the turn fin bracket backing plate was attached to the inside of the hull on mine. :censored: I'd imagine rudder is done the same way.

Rex R
01-03-2009, 02:50 AM
thought I'd better ask before I started pulling things(bad memories of chasing a backing plate around an sv hull). thanks for the info.
rex

Kfoss1
01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Running the cooling lines back through the hull is a bugger too!

Rex R
01-04-2009, 01:23 PM
well, you tie some carpet thread onto the hose...and with a suitable needle run the thread through the hull...
methinks that I would have used brass passthroughs, however those aren't well suited to mass production. I would rather have a tight fit than a loose one when it comes to running a hose through a hull ;).

ncornacchi
08-08-2009, 06:01 AM
I used to fumble with the hose through hull installation...needles, threads,heating hose to shrink the end,,,aahhggg....Then, one day, I cut the hose at a sharp angle, pushed the sharp angle through both holes in hull, and pulled hose through....so easy, I embarrassed myself at not seeing the forest for the trees

Grimracer
08-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Rex,

This is a good question.. thanks for asking it..

All the backing plates are glued in place. I have heard of one coming loose but have not had that happen to any of mine. I know for sure the new ones arnt coming loose..lol

As for the cooling lines.. cut the end at a 60deg angle.. then pull through. they go through much easer.

I hope everybody understands. Let me know

Grim