PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk

tlandauer
01-31-2019, 05:01 PM
Hi Folks,
I like to use Tapatalk on my smartphone, it ids a bit easier to navigate than the Google Chrome it uses.
I have used it for years until this morning it locked me out and is asking me to log in. I don't know which password I should use:confused2: Should I use the one I registered with this forum or there is another one with Tapatalk.
Any enlightenment is greatly appreciated.
P.S.
I have trouble with RCGroup Forum as well, they told be they no longer support Tapatalk, I hope this is not the case here.

bogieboy
01-31-2019, 10:20 PM
Tapatalk still works here for me, rcgruops has been off TT for about a month now... im guessing the password is maybe for tapatalk profile? Or does it ask when you go to click on this forum? If that, sign in with your username and password for here...

FYI i am posting this from TT....

tlandauer
01-31-2019, 10:38 PM
Tapatalk still works here for me, rcgruops has been off TT for about a month now... im guessing the password is maybe for tapatalk profile? Or does it ask when you go to click on this forum? If that, sign in with your username and password for here...

FYI i am posting this from TT....Thank you, I just logged in successfully. :)
It's all good. It was asking for the same password as the forum, BTW.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Steven Vaccaro
02-25-2019, 04:53 PM
Hi Folks,
I like to use Tapatalk on my smartphone, it ids a bit easier to navigate than the Google Chrome it uses.
I have used it for years until this morning it locked me out and is asking me to log in. I don't know which password I should use:confused2: Should I use the one I registered with this forum or there is another one with Tapatalk.
Any enlightenment is greatly appreciated.
P.S.
I have trouble with RCGroup Forum as well, they told be they no longer support Tapatalk, I hope this is not the case here.

Im glad you guys enjoy using Tapatalk. it really moves the forum to a more modern place with notifications and such.

As far as getting rid of it, OSE pays extra for the tapatalk with no advertising. I dont see removing that feature unless something drastic changes.

tlandauer
02-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Im glad you guys enjoy using Tapatalk. it really moves the forum to a more modern place with notifications and such.

As far as getting rid of it, OSE pays extra for the tapatalk with no advertising. I dont see removing that feature unless something drastic changes.
Thank you Steve for providing this Forum for us to enjoy and learn from each other. Thanks also for willing to pay extra so we can use the TapaTalk!

Cheers!

30nitro
02-25-2019, 10:58 PM
Thank you Steve for providing this Forum for us to enjoy and learn from each other. Thanks also for willing to pay extra so we can use the TapaTalk!

Cheers!

I will second that statement !!! Thank you Steven.

Steven Vaccaro
02-26-2019, 06:55 AM
No problem.

I'd like to see the forum moved to a new platform someday that has a mobile version. Until I figure out where the forum is headed, it's our only true mobile option.

bogieboy
02-26-2019, 09:33 AM
Steven, in my personal experience, mobile site forums flat out suck (except ones like ADVrider.com, which is a HUGE site). The smaller sites infrastructure never seems to load correctly for me, on a galaxy s7... i prefer tapatalk over the mobile site options... just my 2 cents...

Steven Vaccaro
02-26-2019, 09:47 AM
ADVrider.com is powered by Xenforo forum software. Its actually the software Ive been asking people about migrating to. Its nice but basic software that needs alot of additional addons to be very good. Im not sure Im up to all that work.

Steven Vaccaro
02-26-2019, 09:51 AM
Have any one you used the Mobile version of this site? See attached picture.

bogieboy
02-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Steven, our mobile version looks to be decent, i am gonna give it a try for a while on my Galaxy and see how it goes... i did not know there was an option, as my s7 seemed to default to the desktop site...

Steven Vaccaro
02-26-2019, 11:34 AM
I can work on the template. For a while I was using it and it was glitchy. But I started using it again to find the issues.

bogieboy
02-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Steven, is there an option to upload attachments on the mobile version? i just recently tried to upload a photo and could not find a way under go advanced on the mobile template... i switched back over to the full site on my phone and was able to upload a pic... but couldnt find the option on mobile...

Steven Vaccaro
02-26-2019, 03:25 PM
No there isn't. One of the glitches or lcak of feature.