PDA

View Full Version : New Fleet??

Seadweller
12-30-2008, 01:53 PM
I guess once you get bit by the FE boat bug...and have too much time (well not really) recovering from Achilles surgery to look at what you all are doing, it gets addictive.

After gettng into the FE with a SV27 and wanting another boat, one should never go to the iHobby or similar show. I now have 2 hulls, a 32" Challenger and a Mini-X. I almost ended up with a Mean Machine too, but that will have to wait.

After reading a lot on this forum and getting some great advice on here I've settle on the following setups, for now).

Power - 4S2P (2x2s2p, 5000 Mah) (both boats) will go to 6S on the Challenger eventually

Challenger - Feigao 12XL, Etti Race 150 w/ BEC, Speedmaster Mono hardware kit, 150 cable.

Mini-X - will use the SV27 setup w/ either the SV27 hardware or another set of Speedmaster hardware.

Hareware will be based on a .21 sized boat.

SV27 - modify it for a brushed 700 motor for my 9 y/o.

I have the hulls - very nice job from AeroMarine; batts, charger and am placing the order for the motor and hardaware.

Curiosityquestions - Is there any real difference or preference between a strut type system versus a stinger style and how does one decide how off the transom to place the rudder and strut?

Hope everyone has a great New Year.

Howard

Oh - I get the boats; my wife got a new granite counter top...