PDA

View Full Version : New Guy with BJ26

ROLNCOAL
12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Whats up, guys? Just found this forum, awesome site :bounce:

Anyways, I have a BJ26 I've been tooling around with. Just picked up some Orion Carbon LiPos for it yesterday. 20C 3200 2S packs. Haven't run it yet with the new batts, used to have a couple 5000 NiMh in it, and it ran well. Hoping to see a substantial performance increase, the LiPos are WAY lighter. I also pulled the turn fins off just to see what happens. Any ideas what to expect with the new changes?

Meniscus
12-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Rolncoal!

You should see some major increases. Personally, I haven't tried pulling off the turn fins, however I know many users here have with mixed success.

Are you using a programming card to setup the ESC for lipos? If you are not, consider picking one up. If you don't, you risk cooking your newly purchased lipos.

Check out this thread to find out more about what other users have tried regarding turn fins. => Link <= (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=3044)

ROLNCOAL
12-29-2008, 05:41 AM
Thanks Meniscus.

Yes, I have the programming card. No brake, High timing, Lipo, high volt. cut off is how I set it up.

I'll give the turn fin removal a shot, just to see what happens.

Meniscus
12-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Be sure to post your experience. :)

ROLNCOAL
12-29-2008, 07:31 PM
WOW. Big improvement over the old, heavy NiMh packs. I'm very impressed with the performance increase.

I find the boat to handle alot better without the turn fins, no more trying to stuff the outside sponson when turning.