PDA

View Full Version : BBY SC21 Redo

RPC1
12-24-2008, 01:49 AM
This started as the "Straight Shaft" BBY SC21, didn't work as planned, so I rebuilt it. It has a Feigao 380 10XL, .063 wire drive, Mamba Max ESC, Apogee 3s2p 2200 batteries, Fuller's strut, Solinger micro rudders(single rudder at the moment, haven't made the extension for the other rudder), OSE water jacket and motor mount. For the prop I used a Grimm Racer 36x55 sharpened and detongued, strut is neutral trim and prop center is 3/16 above the bottom. It is great to see it run the way it is running now. The temps are still pretty low, could use more prop for more go fast, but it is satisfying at the moment. Here is a short crappy video, I will post some pics later. Happy Holidays to all, and thanks OSE Steve for the great service.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=q87mqZXx_rg

RandyatBBY
12-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Looking good! I am a little predigests. Got any pictures of the setup?

RPC1
12-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey Randy, great boat. I will upload some pics now.

Steven Vaccaro
12-24-2008, 02:56 PM
This started as the "Straight Shaft" BBY SC21, didn't work as planned, so I rebuilt it. It has a Feigao 380 10XL, .063 wire drive, Mamba Max ESC, Apogee 3s2p 2200 batteries, Fuller's strut, Solinger micro rudders(single rudder at the moment, haven't made the extension for the other rudder), OSE water jacket and motor mount. For the prop I used a Grimm Racer 36x55 sharpened and detongued, strut is neutral trim and prop center is 3/16 above the bottom. It is great to see it run the way it is running now. The temps are still pretty low, could use more prop for more go fast, but it is satisfying at the moment. Here is a short crappy video, I will post some pics later. Happy Holidays to all, and thanks OSE Steve for the great service.

Looking good!!

Steven Vaccaro
12-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Looking good! I am a little predigests. Got any pictures of the setup?

Randy it must be pretty satisfying everytime a thread like this shows up! Good job, I wish you better health in 2008!!!

RPC1
12-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Here are some pics from before the run.

RPC1
12-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Steven, I was impressed with the 380 XL motor. I am going to try a X637 next. These motors would be great for a twin set up in a larger boat. The motors make for a lower CG, and good torque with the 45mm long rotor.

RandyatBBY
12-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Randy it must be pretty satisfying everytime a thread like this shows up! Good job, I wish you better health in 2008!!!

Thank You Steve for providing you a place for them. Yes I am getting better, But I do still have some down days. I just need to get a lot of sleep that is when the body rebuilds it self.

RPC1
12-25-2008, 12:32 AM

I don't know how to edit the thread, But the motor in use is a Feigao 380 8XL(2903Kv) not a 10XL.