PDA

View Full Version : Conversion advice

Diegoboy
04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Video on post #109 (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showpost.php?p=6171&postcount=109)
Updated Video (http://www.diegoboy.com/media/bud.wmv) with Ammo 2600 motor

I have gotten a Pro Boat 1/12 Miss Bud (Flex Shaft Hull) I plan on converting it to Electric. Is there any advice or wisdom to share? I don't want to suffer mistakes that will cost the project more $$ than necessary.

Thanks.

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_1172-sm.jpg

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_1173-sm.jpg

SJFE
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Not much room to work in that hull. I can't offer much help with out hull dimentions and weight.

saleens7
04-01-2007, 09:40 PM
im currently doing a conversion...these proboat hulls are very badly built and if you have the one with the solid shaft and not the flex, get rid of that and get a strut meant for a flex....

Diegoboy
04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
It's the Flex Shaft hull. I'm trying to get the hull weight. I don't have a scale, and all the weights posted on the internet are for the RTR, not the hull.

Diegoboy
04-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Here's another pic.

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_1174-sm.jpg

Here's some rough dimensions on the inside.

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_1173-measure.JPG

Diegoboy
04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
I have been told that it's possible and not that difficult. I just can't see where there would be room for everything, especially the batteries. :confused:

Doby
04-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I did the same mod to a Miss Llumar , used a SV 27 motor package from OE and am running on 2 six cell packs, theres not much room , but it can be done !
I'll attach some photos tonight when I get home .

By the way , its as fast as my SV 27.

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Where did you place the batteries? Did you have to cut the wood that closes off the sponsons?

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm begining to wonder if I will have to cut the wood out...

SJFE
04-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I would cut it out.

Doby
04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
I run one pack in the front, and one over the radio box cover. When the hatch is taped, the velcro holds it securly and the removable cowling fits right over it. Just make sure to waterproof you battery packs. I use a hot glue gun to seal them, works really well .I'll attach some photos later tonight .

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Thank you so much Doby. I was begining to feel like this was a hopless cause, because everyone seems to avoid this thread like the plague. :confused:

Doby
04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
No problem , I just finished dinner, I'll grab my camera and snap a few shots!

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I would cut it out.

I have seen people post pics of the miss bud and they have replaced the water outlet with a nice aluminum one. I can't see how in the world they did that without being able to access the inside to set the nut on it. It must be open on other miss bud hulls.

avengersteve
04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
or it was a jb weld job or something..

Doby
04-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Got some shots, Now if only I can figure out how to post them !

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Here's a pic of the inside of a converted Miss bud. The hull llooks different from mine. I wonder if it's the straight shaft hull?

http://www.rumrunnerracing.com/feforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5555&d=1086833012

You can see that the wooden wall or barrier as I like to call it is clearly missing.

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Click Reply, then Click "Manage Attachments" at the bottom of the reply to thread page.

Doby
04-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Where is the "manage attachments", when I clik on the "insert image" icon I apparently have to have the pics posted elsewhere to link to them , I was hoping I could upload them from my hard drive.

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
It's Here... On the Reply Page...

http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/image001.jpg

Doby
04-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Got it, I was using the "quick reply"
Now I just have to figure out how to re-size the photos, could be a while,,sorry :(

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 08:13 PM
At the bottom of the thread, click the button on the lower left corner that says "Post Reply"
Then scroll down th the "Manage Attachments" Button near the bottom.

That's where it is for me. :)

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Take your time. I am just thankful to get some advice on this project! :)

Got it, I was using the "quick reply"
Now I just have to figure out how to re-size the photos, could be a while,,sorry :(

Doby
04-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Here They Are , I'll send more in a minute:)

Doby
04-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Here are the rest, hope they help, any questions , please ask:)

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Thank you so much! Please take your time. I'd like to see some without the batteries now. Just to see the whole setup. I just bought the Supervee powerplant from Avengersteve today. I plan on using it for this project. So it's as fast as the SV27? Cool! :D

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Ahh...
Motor mount, please tell me about that guy!

Doby
04-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I'll snap some more in a minute.
Its as fast as my SV-27 using the stock ProBoat hardware ,,prop etc,,I plan to experiment with the props in the next few weeks, it shoud surpass the SV eventually .

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
You're the best Doby!:)

Doby
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Here are more

Doby
04-04-2007, 08:55 PM
And a few more ;)
The motor mounts are 3/4" plywood cut to size ( trial and error ) and 5 minute epoxied to the hull and then painted in epoxy to waterproof. The engine mount is a piece of scrap aluminum I had lying around, bent and drilled to fit , took three tries to get everything right. All the water pickups and exits are stock and work fine:cool:

Diegoboy
04-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Thank you again Doby! Now I have enough to get started. It was painful to look at that boat every day, and not knowing what to do or where to start. I truly appreciate it
:) :D :)

lferguson
04-04-2007, 09:04 PM
How are you keeping all that dry? are you coving the "exhaust"?

Doby
04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
No Problem , any time just ask and we will figure out whats best for your mod. I have two in the works right now, a V-24 with a LMT 3080 and a Blackjack 26 that I need to order a SV-27 speed control/motor package from Steven as soon as they are no longer on back order .

Doby
04-04-2007, 09:08 PM
How are you keeping all that dry? are you coving the "exhaust"?

The packs are sealed and the speed control is waterproof already, The motor has gotten wet , but with the proper drying , it runs great with no problems. The radio hatch is sealed with tape.

Diegoboy
04-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey Doby.
I read that this hole in the picture below is a drain plug. I haven't been able to locate a part# for it, nor have I been able to find a used one w/o buying a whole boat. What do you think of the Octura Auto Bailers in this location? I think I may have a problem with the angle of the surface on that side. any suggestions?
:eek:

boater76
04-07-2007, 08:53 PM
My dad got one of the Lumar that are smaller. The things weighs a ton and not much room for anything in it. The thing in fact starts to sink.

Ken

Diegoboy
04-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Sink? Was there a hole in it? or did it just sit very low in the water?

hookedup
04-08-2007, 05:19 AM
doby, i was going to ask about the llumar when i seen the pic of your shop. my buddy and i just bought two of them and after two days of "breaking in" the motor, i think we are over it. these were our first ever nitro boats, and in less than 2 days we are already trying to figure out converting them to electric, but we thought there is not enough room, especially for the batteries. do you run in fresh water? we dont have any lakes or fresh water ponds here in hawaii, so we run in the ocean, and i can see the salt water eating up the electrics real quick. what prop do you run? thanks for all the pics.

Diegoboy
04-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Where's Doby? I saw him online last night, but he was gone just that quick. :(

boater76
04-08-2007, 07:41 AM
It actually sat very low in the water. My dad said he is not happy with it at all. I will have to found out the weight and measurements.

Ken

Doby
04-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi Guys , sorry for the late reply, was out with the girlfriend last night after setting up my new computer in the workshop,,,,got a new HP with dual procesors, 320 GB hard drive,,,,22" LCD,,,,loaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to reality; First off , the salt water will eat everything if not rinsed off right after running, I run in fresh water and always make sure the thing is bone dry after running . I seal the ends of my battery packs with A hot glue gun, keeps them nice and dry . hey do need a slightly longer cool down between runs though. Thats where having a good supply of packs helps.

The plug on the back is a drain plug , the auto bailer isn,t really required as long as when you do you mods, you are careful not to damage the inner hull, Pro boat does a pretty good job of making all of the chambers water tight and I have had no problems other than self induced.

As for hydros themselves, they do sit low in the water and are a very wet boat to begin with. even up on plane, they can be wet. I have never had a problem with this though, a bit of water does make in into the motor compartment on every run but its not a big deal. I added a foam seal around the cowling, (I'll attach a photo tonight after I get back from dinner with the family).

The SV 27 motor really makes this thing move, It runs on par with my SV and beats my friends Nitro version with ease. The weight of the two packs is evenly distributed in the layout I came up with. Although things are tight !

Diegoboy
04-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info Doby. Do you know where I can get my hands on that drain plug?

That's a nice PC you've got there. It must have taken you all of .00057 seconds to process that last post of yours. :p

Doby
04-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Took longer due to operator input co-ordination issues .
The best spot to check is Horizon Hobbies as they are the distributor for Pro Boats, you probably won't find one on theur website, but if you send them An E-Mail to their customer service group, they might be able to help. If you have access to a machine shop, I'll send you the dimensions of the plug. If you are really hard up, I might be able to sweet talk the guys in our machine shop department to whip one up. They have hepled me in the past with a few of my "odd" requests !

Let me know how the searh goes and we will somehow work something out .

Doby
04-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Just snooped on thePro Boat page and found this !

Drain Plug
PRB2239 by Pro Boat

$3.99

Add to Wishlist

Usually ships in 2-3 Business Days

More in this Category
More in this Brand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diegoboy
04-08-2007, 11:21 AM
That's it!
Thanks!

Diegoboy
04-10-2007, 09:16 AM
I just got the flex shaft, strut, & prop shaft. I assembled it all and installed it last night. Question, The shaft is VERY difficult to turn by hand. It can be done, but it's hard. The stiffness comes from the prop shaft in the strut. I did grease the flex & prop shaft before insertion.
Was there anything else I needed to do?
Is it supposed to be that stiff?
Will it loosen up after the motor turns it a bit at High RPM?

SJFE
04-10-2007, 09:24 AM
got a new HP with dual procesors, 320 GB hard drive
I Just got my ZD8000 laptop about 2 months ago. It has the duel core 2.8 ghz P4s with a meg of onboard cash per layer of the cpu. Hands down the most powerfull machine I have owned to date...Including the the big money gaming systems I have built. I used tothink HP's where junk entry level machins.....How wrong I was..Enjoy that beast...It will handle anything you toss @ it.

Diegoboy
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I Just got my ZD8000 laptop about 2 months ago. It has the duel core 2.8 ghz P4s with a meg of onboard cash per layer of the cpu. Hands down the most powerfull machine I have owned to date...Including the the big money gaming systems I have built. I used tothink HP's where junk entry level machins.....How wrong I was..Enjoy that beast...It will handle anything you toss @ it.

I was hoping there was wisdom in the stiffness of the shaft... :confused:

SJFE
04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
was out with the girlfriend last night after setting up my new computer in the workshop,,,,got a new HP with dual procesors, 320 GB hard drive,,,,22" LCD,,,,loaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pay attention Grassahoppa

Diegoboy
04-10-2007, 09:47 AM
LOL http://www.alexanderpringwilson.org/images/emoticons/lolred.gif
Is there some kind of code there that I am unable to decipher that will help me with THIS...?

I just got the flex shaft, strut, & prop shaft. I assembled it all and installed it last night. Question, The shaft is VERY difficult to turn by hand. It can be done, but it's hard. The stiffness comes from the prop shaft in the strut. I did grease the flex & prop shaft before insertion.
Was there anything else I needed to do?
Is it supposed to be that stiff?
Will it loosen up after the motor turns it a bit at High RPM?

:p :o :p

Doby
04-10-2007, 09:53 AM
SJFE; Dual processors are they way to go , Now I can go twice as fast to nowhere in particular:D

Diego: I picked up a complete Pro Boat Llumar with nitro engine and everything was already installed when I started the conversion. The flex shaft is very smooth and easy to turn , until I installed the SV-27 motor;)

When I get home tonight I'll attach some phots of the factory alignment set up on my boat for you to compare with, hopefully it might help.

Could you attach some photos of your set up and I can have a look now as I am currently at work. Then I could check for any variations .:)

Diegoboy
04-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Sure. It's the stock setup. All Proboat parts. Here's a pic

Remember, the stiffness is in the strut & prop shaft.

Doby
04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
The alignment looks OK,
I wonder if the tolerences in the shaft and strut are fighting each other , If the shaft is on the high end of the outside diameter tolerence and the strut is on the low end of the inside diameter tolerence than that might be your problem.

Try taking some emery cloth of VERY fine sand paper and sand the propshaft down a bit and then insert it in the strut . That should fix the problem. It might take a while to get the right fit :(

SJFE
04-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Story of my life. I have never had anything just go together with out some form of mod work..Nature of the beast I supose.

Doby
04-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Diego;
Let us all know if your problem has gone away.

Diegoboy
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Just got home. Work had me 2 hours north west of home today.
Would it be better to sand the ss shaft or the copper bushing in the strut?

dirtysouth31
04-10-2007, 08:53 PM
put thye flex shaft on a table and see if it will roll smooth,at least a couple complete turns.if not than you shaft is out of wack.usually at the stub out was soldered wrong or crooked.could be sticking in the strut bushing.we can meet up if you caNT FIGURE IT OUT AND ILL TAKE A LOOK FOR YA.my own edit here.stupid caps button

Diegoboy
04-11-2007, 12:45 AM
I took the prop shaft out and sanded it a bit, That helped out a lot. Thanks Doby!

The flex shaft does roll smooth. Now the prop shaft spins freely, and the flex shaft spins freely, but then I couple them together, it get's a bit tighter. Though it's still easy to spin. I'd love for you to look at it Dirty. Thanks.

Doby
04-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Glad to hear things are going "smoothly " now!

dirtysouth31
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
maybe the stuffing tube to motor coupler is out of line.cable should be in center of stuffing tube,doesnt take much for it to become a binding issue.

Diegoboy
04-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Dirty,
I was sent to Williamsburg till 11pm. Sorry I missed your call. :(

dirtysouth31
04-12-2007, 05:30 PM
no problem

Steven Vaccaro
04-14-2007, 09:56 AM
This was my build. It was posted on another forum.

http://www.rcflix.com/nats_2005/E_Mean_Machine_brushless.wmv

That video is a shortened video of about a 4 plus minute run. I was using a converted jeti airplane esc with water cooling. was barely breaking a sweat after the run. To boot I went against all conventional wisdom(of course at my own risk) and was running at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the whole time, with a quick blurt of the hammer, once or twice.

I ran a 14xl on 24 cells. I will be switching to a 12 or 13xl and 18cells soon.

The stripped Nitro MM .18 weight in at 52 ounces, with the radio, radio box and all the hardware. Not to bad considering the BARE electric hull weight 39 ounces.

ReddyWatts
04-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Steven, what was your max speed on your 24 cell, 14XL setup?

Steven Vaccaro
04-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I never got to gps test it. But the nitro dudes at the lake were fully impressed, which puts a smile on my face and it was much faster than my q mono which is setup and been tested in the 40mph range. It didn't turn very well. So I will be changing the MM to a 18 cell setup and lipo.

ReddyWatts
04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Ok, I am putting the 14XL setup with NiMH's in a larger hull and rudder. Hope that will take care of the weight handling issue.

Diegoboy
04-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Back on topic...
I believe I may have solved the lack of room for 12 cells in this hull.
The fwd compartment will house the batts & motor. The aft compartment will house the electrics. This Video will demonstrate the battery configuration & placement using dummy cells, then display the remaining room. Tell me what you guys think please.

Video (http://www.idealgoodies.com/misc/batt.mov) <----

Video is 13M so please be patient while it loads.

Doby
04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Diego ,
I sent you a PM, As for putting everything in the front, Batts and Motor,,just be careful you don't get to bow heavy, I thought of something similar and decided that the weight distribution method I used really balences the boat well. Not saying yours won't work , just something to keep in mind .

Diegoboy
04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
I hung out with some guys yesterday (nitro stuff) with Dirtysouth31. I saw this beautiful boat built by Don Ferrette. He set the boat in the water for the first time. I later watched it blow over and destroy the wing. It has front flaps that he put at a 45 degree angle to keep the nose down. On her maiden voyage, he forgot to lock the flaps, causing her blow over. I want to know what keeps the nose down on the proboat hulls. We don't have a curved turn fin like outriggers do. I was thinking that the batts will keep her nose down since I don't have them there flaps.

http://www.namba16.com/Edmonton/edm_rcu_gallery_files/smokin%20joes%20014%20(600%20x%20450).jpg

Doby
04-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Nice boat, keeping the bow down and not burying it in the water can be a triicky thing, i almost had one today running in abot 20mph winds !
Adding flaps fo a bit of downward fore is not that difficult, just like adding trim tabs on the stern. I am considering it on my Llumar using a few thin pieces of aluminum.

Doby
04-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Diego , 1 more thing to consider , once you have the coupler , motor mount, motor and connection wires , you MAY have limited room to insert your batteries, thats a problem I had when I first tried to put everything up fornt in the bow.

Doby
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Diego; just got back from the pond , tried the Llumar on 14 cells,,,,whats that in my rearview mirror ?????? oh,yeah 3 of the local SV's,,,thats what:cool:

This thing flys on 14 cells:D

Diegoboy
04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
Really? That's sweet! Do you have a vid or pics? :)

Doby
04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Nothing yet , but this aftrenoon I'm off to the pond with my Navibe GPS for a few runs,, I'll post the numbers later, I just got the GPS yesterday and can even manage to wedge it in the Llumar after some serious thought :D

Darin Jordan
04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Here is the ProBoat I converted to FE... Ran it on 12-cells stuffed into the very front, with a Neu Motor and a Prather 215 Prop... Was absolutly ballistic... but it took a LOT of refining of the hull to get it that way... The sponsons need a lot of work... the hull needs rigidity added to the bottom... and there is VERY little room...

I'm actually considering taking it back off the shelf and trying it on 2S Lipo power... I think it would fly and the weight wouldn't hurt at all given the current power levels available... I'm NOT a big "round-bow" fan, so it would be nice to have something nice and modern looking that could be competitive...

Sealing it from water was a trick, but I overcame that one as well.... I'll dig up some more pics tonight when I get home and post some of them for you... I think you'll get some fresh ideas of how to go about this...

It's tough to get enough weight in the front of this boat to get it balanced... but it can be done... I'm curious as to how well that Llumar ran with so much weight in the back... These are a little draggy in the back anyhow, so I'd think you'd want to get that weight as far forward as possible...

Again, I spent about 2-weeks of filling and sanding and filling and sanding to get the sponsons tuned correctly... From the factory, they are all over the place... A lot of work for a boat that is such a pain to opereate (due to lack of room and difficulty to get sealed...)... And... Don't hit anything... Doesn't take much to expode one of these hulls...

SJFE
04-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Awesome looking boat. What motivated you to use that hull instead of buying one of the avalable H&M hydro hulls?

Doby
04-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Just back form the pond:p
Navibe informs me that on 14 cells of my home made IB4200's packs,,,,,,,,,,38.5 Mph,,not to bad,,,I'm resonably happy with that.
Now time to try different props:D

Doby
04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
:mad: Just uploaded 3 videos to RC Flix of the Llumar, I ahve no idea where they went to , my profile says I have not loaded any thing ?????????/
This is frustrating

Darin Jordan
04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Here are those additional pics I promised:

Doby
04-22-2007, 08:57 PM
:eek: :confused: Just tried it again, everything says it was uploaded successfully,,,still can't find it anywhere on the site,,,,, I give up,,,can someone explain where these video's dissapear to and why the search function can't find any of them ,,,that site does not appear very user friendly:mad:

saleens7
04-22-2007, 09:00 PM
try uploading them to youtube or asnt their origional format in windows movie player when you first load them to the comp, cant you just give a link to that?

speaking of wich, when i upload my vids, when they are first uploaded to the computer(not to a site) i can view them in windows movie player, but i cant figure out how to give links to that vid, i see it done all the time where you can view vids in WMP. format...and they lose a lot of qualty when uploaded to a site....

Steven Vaccaro
04-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Once they upload you you will see a page asking you to confirm the upload. I dont think you got that far. Email one of them to me and I will try to upload it.

SJFE
04-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I havent had much luck uploading there either

Doby
04-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi guys , Steve , I did get the confirmation request , clicked on it and it said i was successful:confused:
Maybe it just doesn't like me or SJFE :rolleyes:

SJFE
04-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Guess not...lol

Diegoboy
05-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Alright, 1 more step closer to completion. I got the SV27 ESC (Thank you Avengersteve)!!! Just waiting on the part from Doby, a motor, and the batteries. I can't wait to get her wet! :p

Diegoboy
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Big Thanks to Doby! The part has arrived.

Thank you!:D

Doby
05-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks and hope it works as good as it has for me, I'm currently running 4 props in this manner and no problems with balencing or anything else . So when is the ETC of the project ?

Diegoboy
05-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Just sinking funds into the renegade rigger, mini-V convertion, and this Miss Bud. When I get the Motor, & mount it. Get Battlepack to make my batteries, it'll be ready. :D

Diegoboy
06-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Update.

Installed the Grimracer turn fin.
http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_1273-sm.jpg (http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/100_1273.jpg)

Mounted the Hardware (y535 prop)
http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1274-sm.jpg (http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1274.jpg)

Interior shot
http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1275-sm.jpg (http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1275.jpg)

Mounted the motor
http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1276-sm.jpg (http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1276.jpg)

Click the picture for a larger image!
More to come (4 image limit)

Diegoboy
06-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Placed (not mounted) the electronics
http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1277-sm.jpg (http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1277.jpg)

Room for the batteries (decided on Lipo)
http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1278-sm.jpg (http://diegoboy.com/misc/100_1278.jpg)

Click the picture for a larger image!

Doby
06-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Diego , looks nice:) , Thats a HUGE turn fin:eek:
How did the bushing work out :confused:

hammertime
06-02-2007, 04:07 PM
looookin gooooood

Diegoboy
06-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks.
That bushing works out great. When I run her, I'm going to climb up the prop size scale, starting with the Y535 (only because I bought it for this boat)
That turn fin was chosen because it had a bend in it. I hear from the nitro guys (&Dirtysouth) that a bent turn fin holds better in the turns.

Diegoboy
06-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey Steven, Could you move this thread to the "build" section? I started it before there was a "Build" section, I think it really belongs there.

Thank you!

Diegoboy
06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Looks like I'll have to use the X642 prop first. There's a post on International Waters (http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=20699) about the Miss Bud conversion, and I posted my progress there too. I was advised that the Y535 won't be big enough.

hammertime
06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
anything new??

Diegoboy
06-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I had a cheap set of batteries made under the config I posted earlier (video) DIdn't wanna shell out a ton of $$ on'em if they won't work.

dirtysouth31
06-09-2007, 04:21 PM
so heres some pix of my conversion of the miss vegas..diegboy inspired me:cool: and an extra shot of a future boater:D

Diegoboy
06-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Same ESC, Same prop, Same voltage, Vegas is heavier. but your Vegas is still faster. :mad:

I was torn on my decision. I had cheap batteries made just to see if the weight in the nose would be a problem. (no problem) I had to choose. Better batts or the Ammo motor.

I chose the ammo motor first, just ordered it from OSE.
Dirty is running it, and I think it's the biggest reason his Vegas is faster (28mph on an X642)

saleens7
06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
the vegas has a better designed riding surface....thats why its faster

Diegoboy
06-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Huh...
And I thought it had something to do with the SV motor @ 1800Kv and the Ammo @ 2300Kv.

and his 3800Mah batteries to my 1800Mah batteries.

:confused:

dirtysouth31
06-13-2007, 09:00 PM
no,no,no.its faster because its orange:) :) :) :)

Diegoboy
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
LOL Orange IS the new fast!

:D

dirtysouth31
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
you spoiled it for me. i was gonna say it went 55mph:mad:

Diegoboy
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Sorry. :rolleyes:
I went out again today, and I took a shot at running her while trying to take video. I'll post the fiasco in a minute.

dirtysouth31
06-13-2007, 09:11 PM
i wanted sjfe to be mad he sold his vegas,thinkin it went that fast..

Diegoboy
06-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Driving with the left hand, Finger on the trigger, Thumb on the wheel.
Camera in the right hand.
Here ya go...

Video (http://www.diegoboy.com/misc/miss_bud.wmv) <--

Diegoboy
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Next up...
Ammo motor
12 Ep 4200's

SJFE
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Ehh boats come and go. I don't sweat the little things.

saleens7
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Huh...
And I thought it had something to do with the SV motor @ 1800Kv and the Ammo @ 2300Kv.

and his 3800Mah batteries to my 1800Mah batteries.

:confused:

well...yeah that too i guess:rolleyes: :D

Diegoboy
06-13-2007, 09:52 PM
the vegas has a better designed riding surface....thats why its faster
Well thanks Saleens7 for the advice. I am going to do something about it anyway. SJFE made a suggestion to me about "Wetted Surfaces" and I'm going to improve it if I can.

Diegoboy
06-14-2007, 08:58 AM
One question.
Every time I run her, the motor is "cool" the ESC is "cool", but the batteries are "HOT" any reason for this? Is it because the packs suck? (batteries plus special).

Thanks

saleens7
06-14-2007, 09:08 AM
the batts you have probably arent rated for the # of amps the motor pulls from it...

Diegoboy
06-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Dirty's Vegas clocked 28mph on his GPS.
My Bud just clocked 37mph on his GPS today!

I got'cha Dirty!
http://www.addemoticons.com/emoticon/animated/AddEmoticons04224.gif

37.2 (garmin e-trex) isn't bad

Diegoboy
06-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Would have posted the video, but the passes were running away from the camera, then toward the camera. It didn't look much different than the first video. I'll have Dirty video it again from the side to have the pass go right to left next time. :mad:

dirtysouth31
06-23-2007, 09:51 PM
was moving pretty good..you put that bigger prop on there and you will break 40.im comin for ya though.talk to me sjfe;)

hammertime
06-24-2007, 02:29 PM
i miss sjfe :(